OCR00786 - *YES* Mega Man 2 'Teardrinker'

m68030

[11:27:28] <The_Wingless> Anybody up?

[11:28:10] <The_Wingless> ...welp, I wanted to submit to Overclocked, but I find going through you much more efficient

[11:28:18] <The_Wingless> So here it is, it's a megaman 2 mix, called Teardrinker

[11:28:23] <The_Wingless> njoy! Yay!

-mp3 in the process of uploading, link may not be available within a few

minutes of this posts creation-

Though I usually like stuff The Wingless does, I gotta say that this took a couple listens to appreciate. There's a lot of notes that seem to clash, but somehow it works. or maybe I'm just tired. At any rate, I'm liking it now - it's something different, it's definitely *very* interesting, and it grows on you. And personally, I think one of the signs of a really good piece of music is it's deep enough that it has room to grow after several listens.

Yes

Okay, let's have a listen shall we.

Liking it so far. Has that classic chiptune feel to it, but it needs more yet.

Of course, I'm not even at 1:00 yet. Maybe this is still intro?

...*waits*...

Okay, well I think it's fairly obvious it's gonna stay like this. It kind of sounds underdeveloped, like there's more to do that hasn't been done yet.

It's sort of dramatic sounding with all the strings and stuff, like it'd be the intro to a Soap Opera.

I must say, I don't really care for it personally, but it is well done, and would probably be liked by a bunch of people. The thing I'm not sure about is the chiptuneyness of it. It doesn't seem that a lot of people care for that kind of stuff.. oh well. I'm voting it in. I think it deserves a place here.

Vote: Yes

Oooh, more Mega Man. I don't think one could ever have too much Mega Man. Just a few concerns with this mix - There is a lack of low-end. Not enough driving force pushing the mix forward. This regards the rather weak drum track, also. Also, periodically throughout the mix, it just feels like there is just a bit too much reverb. The Wingless also shows a keen knowledge of the power of panning. Works out great, in the most part. Makes up for the "bad" parts of the mix.

YES.

I'm liking this a lot, although I expected some fat beat to come in.

2.50 - 3.20 I don't know, I think some notes are off-key in some places here, but I'm not sure. Ooooooo. I like the way that this is a chiptune mixed with some very nice piano.

I'm saying YES, because although I'm not too sure about certain elements, it is original and will add some diversity to OCR, every little counts.