OCR01595 - Contra "Feeding Frenzy"

Great song! I love the arrangement, works so good with the guitars. Very tasteful. The guitar tone is great, as always, and everything is very nicely balanced, though the kick drum gets lost from time to time.

Performance wise, this is great! The playing is very professional sounding, your personal style comes through very well (as do your influences). I just wish the drum track was a bit more interesting.

Overall, a fantastic song nobody should miss out on. Great work!

A spectacular rock-out from 0:00 to 3:10. I noticed a particular lack of the wah-wah pedal relative to some of goat's other songs, which creates a smoother guitar tone, but in no way less wicked. Loved the machine gun licks especially prominent at the end. Fantastic song. Rock on goat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wait, you people were listening to the drums? They were more than competent enough to stay interesting and headbang to... but guitar! For this we listen to goat, and with this he does not disappoint.

This is a nonstop onslaught from second one with a two-pronged (layered) guitar attack and an incredibly tight arrangement. Each iteration of Energy Zone flows seamlessly into the next with plenty of variation and bits of original material that keep things balanced and butt kicking. Then, enter Boss. Simply wicked. A nice touch is added with the synth at 1:57 that gives the perfect transition into some major riffage. 2:22-2:48 is pure, metal ecstasy; I can't listen to this without jumping out of my chair and wailing on that air guitar.

I'm no metalhead; I can't even handle an axe. I have zero cred to comment on anything technical, but you don't need cred to know how much this rocks. Though the remix section of my player is stacked with goat, chiefly his Castlevania awesomeness, Feeding Frenzy is my hands-down favorite of all his stuff. Simply put: Contra music was made to be remixed like this.

Rock on, goat.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Much better guitar tone in this one from his previous remix. The funk guitar chops in there were interesting, but they still kind of worked in a weird way. Chris focuses on dynamic shifts in this bad boy which is rare surprise for his mixes! The drums have the best in the track from any of his previous mixes, so mad kudos there. The guitar performance is rock fuggin' solid. The man is a human metronome. A straight rock piece without many surprises; goats signature style and he shows his flare on it here! Love the ending. Great work from Mr. Gates!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Amazing. This is exactly how I would want a Contra remix to be. Rockin' with high energy. The sources really lend themselves to the style chosen. Definitely lovin' the guitar shredding and face melting solos. Arrangement-wise this is solid and the two themes are intergrated well, even if the Maze fortress theme is a little side-lined. I don't really care though as this is just so enjoyable.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01595 - Contra "Feeding Frenzy"