Overall Best Virus Scanner

ContinueTheEnd

Anti-virus programs are stupid. Aside from the blaster worm back a few years ago that wreaked havoc on my system for a couple weeks, any virus program running constantly slows down your system more than getting a virus from time to time and deleting it. It's like choosing to have a cold all the time so you never get the flu. Just scan every month or so and surf the net wisely.

Anti-virus programs are stupid. Aside from the blaster worm back a few years ago that wreaked havoc on my system for a couple weeks, any virus program running constantly slows down your system more than getting a virus from time to time and deleting it. It's like choosing to have a cold all the time so you never get the flu. Just scan every month or so and surf the net wisely.

A good scanner will have virtually no impact on your system's performance and take up very little resources, and if you really need said performance(for games) you can always temporarily disable the scanner.

I personally run Antivir on my PC, although my main system is now a Macbook. Antivir's lightweight, detects a lot of stuff, and is pretty damn fast too. It's never given me any kind of performance impact, even running stuff that required a lot from my PC.

Also, if you got infected by Blaster, it just means that you didn't update Windows XP when you should have :wink: