I hate it when this happens

The Pezman

I don't show up for awhile (most of it is dictionary results because "antipode" is an uncommon word I guess) and on last.fm it's annoying because there's some french hip-hop group sharing my name. Oh well. I should do more self-plugs on this album of mine...

How did you come up with your user handles

Not a clue. It just came to me one day.

are they as original as you imagined

Unfortunately not, there have been several moments where I've discovered that there are other people chosen to carry this nick, so yeah, my individuality gets a little shaken. Just joined Last.fm today, and apparently, there is a bastard with the same name. Same thing with Bummer and Bumbum.

I show up first at Google though.

My name is actually still fairly original, according to google no one bar me seems to be the smurphball.

I saw it mentioned once or twice in random myspace pages not sure why, maybe as a wierd saying but smurphball appears to be my personal internet space name.

For now .... so gonna be robbed :P

Haha. You guys think your names are common...

Actually, I go by the name Binjovi most of the time now. I never changed here since some people are familiar with Bean. I think there's only one other person with the name Binjovi though. Most Google hits for Binjovi are actually me, or related to me in some way. There are also a lot of references to Bon Jovi (which is to be expected, I guess).

Oh wow. I just realized that I'm the first hit on Google? That's pretty funny. Anyway, seriously now, did they remove the ability to change your name at will w/o going through a mod/admin? That's so lame.

Bitch, bitch, bitch. :lol:

Yeah, they wanted everyone to do all the name changing before the switch. If I had a brain, I would've done it, but I'm pretty much stuck with this one now.

I don't want to turn this thread into a MODS, GET RID OF TEN CHARACTER LIMIT AND NAME CHANGE RESTRICTIONS, KTHX kind of thing.

I like people being stuck with their name. Means you need to choose it wisely. But as for being 100% stuck with it...

Most requests are handled the same day: http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9785

ha ha! I wish I had done this earlier, turns out that Crazyonr1 is only OCR related, but without the 1, there's someone who's turning 30 this year who has the same name, and somone called CrazyORN-PN7 which I guess isn't really stealing the name, but its close

Just about every google hit for my username is me. I've checked the first 2 pages (20 results) so far. Probably because I'm signed up for a LOT of stuff with it :P

Oh, as for my real name, the first 8 google hits are mine, without using quotation marks.

I've found the trick is to-

Choose something obscure that no one will get the reference to.

Choose something that you can't find others using currently.

Buy and use webspace with the matching domain name.

Choose something that no one else would want, which is, of course, my own personal strategy :P

I've found the trick is to-

Choose something obscure that no one will get the reference to.

Choose something that you can't find others using currently.

Buy and use webspace with the matching domain name.

Choose something that no one else would want, which is, of course, my own personal strategy :P

You forgot - sign up on hundreds of sites, increasing the chance to find you when doing a google search.

I think Ray Falling is actually a song, possibly Japanese or sang by someone who is very popular in Japan. That's what I get most by googling, plus some dude over at microsoft messageboards, a dating site and some sort of parachute jumping place.

Interestingly, the latter has almost the same email adress as me, and his supposed real name is R. Dutch and lives in Florida.

It so happens to be that my real name is R. (René) and I'm Dutch...and my girlfriend lives in Florida... All coincidence I'm sure, but life is very interesting when paranoid :D

Anyway, it started with me calling myself Ray because highscore lists in a lot of old games I played only allowed for 3 figures. I Never liked my real name anyway.

I then started calling the main character in my sci-fi novel "Ray" and drew a picture of him falling, which then became his last name :)

Ray Falling also refers to my greatest inspirational source which is in fact, falling rays, as seen in my photography a lot.

Since this is now my established artist name, I figured i'd use it anywere on the net, as people tend to remember it and recognize it.

n_n

Surprisingly, DragonAvenger isn't as popular as I would have expected it to be. I came up with it around 8th grade when I first got heavily into DragonLance books (I own over 120 of them), and the name's stuck ever since.

There is some other guy on some spanish (or something) game forums, and unfortunately the gmail name was already taken as well. I still come up first in google, though.

Surprisingly, DragonAvenger isn't as popular as I would have expected it to be. I came up with it around 8th grade when I first got heavily into DragonLance books (I own over 120 of them), and the name's stuck ever since.

There is some other guy on some spanish (or something) game forums, and unfortunately the gmail name was already taken as well. I still come up first in google, though.

Old.

(Get it? :tomatoface:)

If we're talking about positional hits then I 0wn over the webmaster of GameGossip or anyone else. The Icyforums site, Inmatrix, CDFreaks, that weird thing with Freeculture... it's all me. With quotes I take up the first six or seven on the first page (without quotes it's the whole damn thing), and all the alternative pages I posted before were with them. When the quotes came off, I found this:

http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0679078/

And (good god) this:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/view_profile?user.id=1588178

And even this

http://www.howoriginal.net/artist_pages/pezman.htm

Googling my real name brings up a slew of links to my semi-famous video detailing my Diversity Monologue speech about Autism. Every hit I found with quotes on were all me, except for one:

http://www.answers.com/topic/mortal-kombat-shaolin-monks?cat=entertainment

And I kinda wish I were that guy, even though I suck at fighting games.

For your dad to have been using "The Pezner" as a username since he was a kid and then passing it to you.....how long has your dad been using the Internet?

Read my first post again. Both my dad and myself had the nickname from friends that we knew in person. He was usually just called Pez, but my friends were more creative, usually netting me extra names like "Jpez," "J-Pizzle" and occasionally "J-money." I had already created my Pezman name on ff.net by that time, but this encouraged me to keep it and use it uniformly, which I did.

Oh, and Liontamer... were you an accountant in a previous life?

Just because of this thread, I googled myself. Fortunately, on the front two pages of google, only about four of the links weren't references to me.

Most of which were references through http://www.gginteractive.net/ , even a site entirely in asian characters linking to a youtube video of a combo I did...

It's kinda funny looking this stuff up and then thinking to yourself "Wow, I'm really something", then coming back and realizing "Oh shit, UnMod's still after me for making war on (and losing horribly) pwb".

I wonder what ever happened to that guy...

Anyway, came up with the name at my grandpa's house when I was about 10, and stuck with it ever since. It was such a ridiculous concept it seemed to fit my personality fairly well, and it just seemed to stick after that. I've used it for everything from hotmail (which I lost due to inactivity) to gmail, to counterstrike, to here, so on, so forth. Someone stole rocketsniper@hotmail.com (after I lost it due to inactivity) and rocketsniper as a login name for gunbound (no real loss there) and talks a lot of crap about quake. Apparently the other me is also an avid gamer... just talks a lot more crap. And plays quake. And talks crap about quake.