I hate it when this happens

The Pezman

Well, obviously my handle is somewhat common. Typically it comes up with references to how some Jewish people refuse to write "God", and instead write "G_d" or "G-d". Oh, but after checking just now I come up on the first page as a Kotaku commenter. That's new.

Anyway, all of you snobs can pretend that Google doesn't find you (I'm looking at you, analoq), but my other handle - Faro Castiglo - really isn't found by Google. I don't use it on any forums, but at least I know that nobody else is using it. I came up with that handle quite randomly, and it serves me well every time I use it, having never been previously taken.

I don't have any trouble with people using mine on other forums (it's fairly unique) and I take up about 7/8ths of the first page on a google search, but after that some of the results just made me laugh. Take a Look:

CanadianDriver's New Car Buyer's Guide: Lincoln Zephyr

It’s built on the company’s CD3 platform, which also forms the basis of the Mazda6, although the Zephyr has a longer wheelbase, wider tread, bigger brakes ...

www.canadiandriver.com/overviews/2006/lincoln/zephyr.php - 51k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

vasque zephyr - boots - backpacking gear - thebackpacker.com

"I have had my Zephyr boots for 3 1/2 years and am pleased with their ... The tread however wears faster than other Vasque boots we've used in the past and ...

www.thebackpacker.com/gear/boots/vasque_zephyr.php - 29k -

Zephyr Sports Ultra Light Custom Wheelchair by Colours ...Tire Tread also affects the wheelchair ride. .... The "Zephyr" ultra-lightweight wheelchair is perfect for those that know exactly how they like to sit and ...

www.1800wheelchair.com/asp/view-product.asp?product_id=2191 - 195k -

Boots and a car, A wheelchair?

• 3 weeks later...

My name used to be relatively unique, but recently many Narutards and Bleachfags have taken up usage of it, which I find very, VERY disconcerting. Which is why I have begun using my first name as my handle in some circles. I'm still the #1 result on google, however I used to be the first 2 pages of results and now there's a number of Naruto and Bleach related pages in there.

As for how I came up with the name, there's a progression of sorts:

1.) Fly. My friends in elementary school used to call me this because it rhymes with my first name. (In fact a few of my oldest friends still call me 'F' for short).

2.) FlyDeath. I came up with this super awesome name for myself at the age of 9 or 10 when playing Doom on BBSes.

3.) Hornet. Logical progression from FlyDeath when I started playing at large LANs in Albuquerque.

4.) Suzumebachi. Japanese translation of Hornet. I decided to use it when I realized Hornet was far too common.

Mine is completely unique.

I'd originally planned to go through a set of names in 2005 based on the FF7 elements: fire, ice, lightning, water, wind, gravity, earth, poison, and holy.

For my first, I had Archaeapyric from the latin roots archa- (ancient) and -pyr (fire.)

For my second I used roots from some other language I can't remember. Hierpagos: Hier- (sacred) -pagos (ice)

For my third I had picked out Tendreil Gollagagh, which means forked lightning in scots-gaelic, but as you can see, I made a clerical error in the spelling and failed to fix it.

For my fourth and fifth short lived names I had were Nathaír (meaning water snake in gaelic) and Cáidh (holy, also in gaelic.)

By Nathaír, people were tired of me changing my screen name, so I reverted to Gollgagh. Cáidh was an alt account of mine that I gave to my brother after the forum switch.