Rock Band Footage Leaked

Sir_NutS

I'm not too worried about it - my friends and I already collectively one GH guitar, and maybe another soon. IIRC, those will be compatible with Rock Band?

So, just the drumset and the mic (which should be semi-cheap), in addition to the game itself - shouldn't be too painful split between four people. Don't forget that you don't have to buy all the components to play the game, if you just have two people playing.

Thought the Ending Bonus is a neat concept, but could get annoying. Oh well.

I'm not too worried about it - my friends and I already collectively one GH guitar, and maybe another soon. IIRC, those will be compatible with Rock Band?

So, just the drumset and the mic (which should be semi-cheap), in addition to the game itself - shouldn't be too painful split between four people. Don't forget that you don't have to buy all the components to play the game, if you just have two people playing.

Thought the Ending Bonus is a neat concept, but could get annoying. Oh well.

I thought the ending bonus was an awesome addition, just imagine the crazy drum endings you could do by yourself, and still win points for it =D

AFAIK, the GHII guitar is compatible, but the new rock band guitar has 10 frets, so the new 5 frets functionality(for solos) won't be present in the old controller but it will be still playable.

AFAIK, the GHII guitar is compatible, but the new rock band guitar has 10 frets, so the new 5 frets functionality(for solos) won't be present in the old controller but it will be still playable.

That's what I remember too. The only problem is arguing over who gets to play lead guitar. No one in my little group wants to play drums. D:

I dropped by Best Buy today (to pick up RE4 Wii Edition) and impressed some people with my GH2 skillz. Even with a missing strap, a broken whammy bar, and no sound, I didn't do too bad for myself.

That's what I remember too. The only problem is arguing over who gets to play lead guitar. No one in my little group wants to play drums. D:

I dropped by Best Buy today (to pick up RE4 Wii Edition) and impressed some people with my GH2 skillz. Even with a missing strap, a broken whammy bar, and no sound, I didn't do too bad for myself.

I was dying to play this when i heard that it would have drums, but im really disapointed in the "drum set" in this game...it's literally 4 toms.

no high hat, no bass drum, no cymbals. you cant effectively play anything with just 4 toms

edit: IT NEEDS MORE COWBELL

there is a foot petal for the bass drum...DUH

And this is also NOT the final hardware. It was just leaked prototypes. Hell, they don't even know if they're putting that song in the game. If you look closely, they're even playing it with the GH2 guitar, not the recently shown prototype with 10 frets.

I'm sure they will nail it, the new guitar looks tite.

I thought the ending bonus was an awesome addition, just imagine the crazy drum endings you could do by yourself, and still win points for it =D

Well the new buttons have the same exact functionality as the old buttons, otherwise it would be pointless to make the GH controller compatible. The new buttons are just to look cooler and for the solos I read that they'll emphasis the hammer ons and pull offs more.

So wait, people are actually going to get together and play pretend music together with toy instruments?

:lol:

Stranger happenings have occured. There's pretend war in most FPSes, pretend who-knows-what at Anime Expo, pretend magical card games (pokemon, yugi-oh) and videogames of pretend magical card games. There's also fantasy book club, Wii Sports parties, pretend epic hero games... it just keeps going...

Looks like the video was removed from YouTube. The damage has already been done - they should have just left it. Apparently the company is saying that the footage represents an old build of the game with old instrument prototypes. Still, that didn't keep me from getting excited.