VG Music - Rammstein Remix Project ?

tyrog

Hello everyone! :grin:

I have an idea: I heard some remixes of Rammstein tracks in the web (akin Muffin.ru and Rammstein.ru's ones).

Well done jobs, sure, especially Orcman's remixes: real masterpieces. But...

Unfortunately there are no more new remixes available and requested fan mix can be shared only in forums and not always forum allow this (dunno why...maybe as precaution or else....)

I saw there are many Rammstein fans in the forum too...

I know what you're thinking about: this forum is about VIDEOGAME MUSIC and VG ARRANGEMENTS or even ORIGINALS OF YOU OWN.

Reply:

I KNOW

JUST LEMME FINISH...

I know some VgRemixer at OCRemix and OLRemix too which have made mash-ups among VG music and popular songs (for example Eminem, Birtney Spears, Michael Jackson). For example I know the well-done works of Neminem (I appreciate his mash-ups)

Now, my first posts in this forum have been Rammstein-VG Music mash-ups which have had few feedback because not so well-finished and kinda blurry.

Anyway the possibilty of mashing up Rammstein songs and VG Music is still good. Who knows Rammstein surel won't have problem to understand, who does not probably will have...

My idea is a VideoGame&Rammstein Remix Project as those I know at OCRemix and at VgMix as well.

If I receive feedback and positive enough too, I can even take a forum where discuss, ask more and post eventual WIPs

VG-Rammstein remixes can be rearrangements with Rammstein Vocals and rearranged VGTrack or simple mash-ups with VGTrack

We need to choose the videogames to remix (every idea is accepted), for the moment I can only suggest the most popular games: Super Mario, Donkey Kong Country, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Mega Man etc...anyother is welcome

Well, now I'd like to have some suggestions.:<

If you have critics, you can post them but they must be motivated and not a mere tease :evil:

Advises and suggestions are welcome

Repeat: if you're interested to the project and many people takes part, I can take a forum for further discussions

Come on then! :):tomatoface:

Being that I love both Rammstein and VG music in general, I think this is an awesome idea. Though as for the games that you're going to be, er, mashing-up, may I also suggest Command & Conquer, Doom, and Halo? Rammstein is pretty dark sounding, so it would be pretty odd to not have mash-ups for darker series...)

Then again, I can't help but wonder what a twisted combination of Zerstören and the Mario theme would sound like...

Unfortunately, I probably wouldn't be able to help you hear, since my remixing skills are lackluster, and I don't have a guitar (nor can I play one, for that matter)...

EDIT: Also, how do you rip the vocals from a song? Is there some kind of software for that?

Being that I love both Rammstein and VG music in general, I think this is an awesome idea. Though as for the games that you're going to be, er, mashing-up, may I also suggest Command & Conquer, Doom, and Halo? Rammstein is pretty dark sounding, so it would be pretty odd to not have mash-ups for darker series...)

Yes, games you mentioned may be alright :mrgreen:

Also Metal Slug shows many "remixable" songs and themes (my first works were about this...)

If we'd like to make remix album(s), we could name them alike...for example:

A Donkey Kong Country-Rammstein Remix Album - Der AffenZirkus

Or a Super Mario-Rammstein Remix Album - Uber Mario Welt

Or Doom-Rammstein... Doom/Schneider :lmassoff:

Et cetera

EDIT: Also' date=' how do you rip the vocals from a song? Is there some kind of software for that?[/quote']

Fruity Loops is alright. Add Rammstein song as sampler and then save it as wave file (where the soundwave is displayed and right-click-save...) then check vocals

I tried something like this: The Pit and the Pendulum (Donkey Kong Country)

(blending Spieluhr, Spiel mit Mir and Zerstoren outro) :350:

bfib

I think this belongs in the requests forum. This Forum (workspace WIPs & Releases) is for songs users are working on.

I dunno. As I meant I think it could be a remix project, something we're working about :dstrbd:

Please, no more remix projects right now, I think there is at least 10 right now, and it's stretching the community too thin.

But I do like the idea, and you did just introduce me to a awesome group, so thanks for that.

I think it needs to wait a little bit until there are less projects going on.

So to do not encumber the forum, should I open a forum? :whatevaa:

If so I can do it.:-)

Do you want take part to project anway?:roll:

Yes, games you mentioned may be

Fruity Loops is alright. Add Rammstein song as sampler and then save it as wave file (where the soundwave is displayed and right-click-save...) then check vocals

I right-clicked the waveform and saved as a .wav, but where do I check vocals?

I right-clicked the waveform and saved as a .wav, but where do I check vocals?

Have you got WAVE STUDIO? It's the easiest program to check wave file, insert dissolvence, loud volume, cut and paste vocals (after selection) etc...

I have currently an old version of that, try to check out the new version if available 8)

Anyway, have you already some remix concept? I would like take Kokain to remix (and Stripped too perhaps) and blend it with Metal Slug 6 soundtracks. And you? :roll:

Have you got WAVE STUDIO? It's the easiest program to check wave file, insert dissolvence, loud volume, cut and paste vocals (after selection) etc...

I have currently an old version of that, try to check out the new version if available 8)

Anyway, have you already some remix concept? I would like take Kokain to remix (and Stripped too perhaps) and blend it with Metal Slug 6 soundtracks. And you? :roll:

Tried Wave Studio, but the trial version couldn't do anything and no way I'm paying $50 for the full version. Any chance you could send me the vocals individually? :/

Also, I was thinking of mixing Spieluhr and Lone Trooper from C&C: Tiberian Sun (they're both pretty depressing songs), but you seem to have already taken that song...

The remix you posted was pretty good... the vocals were a bit off as I'm familiar with them from the original music and they arn't really related to the source material o_0

Cold prove neat... however I do agree there are far too many current projects right now... wait a 'lil while

The remix you posted was pretty good... the vocals were a bit off as I'm familiar with them from the original music and they arn't really related to the source material o_0

Cold prove neat... however I do agree there are far too many current projects right now... wait a 'lil while

Thanks. Indeed should I take a forum to not emcumber OCRemix's one? :roll:

And are you interested to the project (even if not immediately)?

Ok, I got actually there are too many remix projects and this one may encumber the WIP forum. Anyway I'd like to post some projects. These don't bound anyone at the moment, they're just freely posted :nicework:

I hope there could take part more remixers to it (Actually three or four, I dunno exactly, I didn't numbered myself....)

INTRODUCTION

The VG Music-Rammstein Remix project lacks of a German-sounding name and maybe there could be multiple sbubprojects dedicated to a single videogame or an only one related to multiple games (I think this one is more likely).

However we should focalize which Rammstein tracks we mean to remix or even rearrange and if to add vocals or simply play the music (i.e make instrumentals).

Instrumentals may sound easier to render, anyway I experienced the Russian remixer Orcman's works with Till Lindemann's vocals and playback rearranged Rammstein music with various theme-variations and music style: simply awesome! :-o

PAST RAMMSTEIN REMIXES

He did two remix albums: Contemporaneity (2004) and Die Wasserreise (2004-2005), plus some unofficial fan edition single in the same year (Stein um Stein Unofficial Single and Mein Teil Fan Edition). These are the best well-finished remixes ever posted in the web and actually very very hard to find (I've luckily got all of them) :lol:.

On the other hand there are Muffin.ru remixes too. So are these well-done and many consist in mash-ups with Russian pop music. I forgot to mention MCBeaver works (nice but a bit to dancey); good instrumentals though.

Anyother Rammstein remix you can find on the web is fan and homemade stuff and does not sound so good.

Now, what have we to do? Something special. To blend Rammstein music with Videogame music!!

THE LOGO

I'm working on this. I will post the logo at my website http://jurassic-gothic.deviantart.com . Any other digital-made logo suggested is welcome.

THE TRACKLIST

Well, I should not post this discussion due to forum's current status (quite empty), but since the project is not open and there's still not any forum taken for this, I freely post some vague ideas of a likely tracklist.

The question is: do we want remix well-known Rammstein tracks like Sonne, Du Hast or Amerika? Or do we want remix lesser tracks like Schwarzes Glas, Bestrafe Mich or Morgenstern but getting awesome rendering? Or both? (I guess this last is better...)

We'll decide this as possible.

Meanwhile I'd have some ideas I wanna post here below. I say I mean to take Kokain and maybe Stripped at once.

Moreover we have to extablish which game we wanna blend with R+ music

A vague tracklist is available here (it will be updated very often I guess):

Red - Taken

Black - Open

1) Rammstein

2) Spieluhr

3) Morgenstern

4) Kokain - (Biotoxic Remix) (Metal Slug 6) [taken by Tyrog]

5) Spiel mit Mir

6) Du Hast

7) Sonne

8 )Mein Teil

9) Asche zu Asche

10) Ich Will (Legato Blues Remix) (Trigun) [taken by Tyrog]

11) Du Riechst So Gut

12) Zerstoren

13) Reise, Reise

14) Stein um Stein

15) Nebel

Bonus Tracks:

16) Schwarzes Glas

17) Wilder Wein

18 )Rosenrot

19) Ich Will

20) Amerika

We could even make more than one disk as I saw at Sonic & Knuckles - Project Chaos.This tracklist is very temporary and it will be well-finished as more remixers will take part to the project as possible.

Meanwhile...

Feedback is welcome! ;-)

I'm not sure you've realised this, so I'm just gonna tell you right now just to make sure you know:

This will never be an Official OCR Remix project, and it will not be featured or associated by the staff if it was completed.

This is simply because it is far too reliant on non-VGM sources to have anything to do with the mission statement of the site, which is about spot-lighting the talent of VGM composers, not spot-lighting rammstein. Bluntly put, this isn't really the place to be running this project.

I'm not sure you've realised this, so I'm just gonna tell you right now just to make sure you know:

This will never be an Official OCR Remix project, and it will not be featured or associated by the staff if it was completed.

It's not important. It's just-for-fun project, we do not expect an official title from OCRemix

This is simply because it is far too reliat on non-VGM sources to have anything to do with the mission statement of the site, which is about spot-lighting the talent of VGM composers, not spot-lighting rammstein. Bluntly put, this isn't really the place to be running this project.

Not necessarily. VGM composers talent is used to blend Rammstein sounds with VG Music (not necessarily vocals). I saw many would like to take part, but not at once due to current remix projects