VGM Recommendations for a Wedding

Quad-0

Hey GD folks, I'm a long time lurker of the forums and I know there's at least one piano remix thread every other month or so, but I really need help looking for wedding-appropriate remixes. My friend's a long time gamer girl and is getting married in less than a month. For kicks during the reception, she wants to play some vg mixes. Any recommendations?

Haha, I did exactly that at my friend's wedding last weekend. Here's some of the VGM I played:

Aeris's Theme

Tifa's Theme

Forever Rachel

The first part of "A Clockwork Vampire"

Other pieces I didn't get around to:

Final Fantasy

Prologue

Prelude

Dancing Mad (third tier)

Piano Collections stuff

Chrono Cross

Another Arni Village

Reminiscence

He Sang of Feeling

Dimension Breach

Starstealing Girl

Remixes

Anything by kLuTz

Anything by me (j/k, I don't have sheet music :P )

If only I was this lucky to have VG music at my wedding. To answer your question, would either F-Zero panio remix be suitable?

Maybe I can still convince my fiance to play one piece of game music (remixed, I think if I would play actually game music I will get starred at by my entire party) :<

If only I was this lucky to have VG music at my wedding. To answer your question, would either F-Zero panio remix be suitable?

Maybe I can still convince my fiance to play one piece of game music (remixed, I think if I would play actually game music I will get starred at by my entire party) :<

fuck your party. it's your god damn wedding. if they don't like it, they can... go do... something... that isn't fun

unless the missus doesn't care for it

in which case

i forever hold my peace

fuck your party. it's your god damn wedding. if they don't like it, they can... go do... something... that isn't fun

unless the missus doesn't care for it

in which case

i forever hold my peace

You got it right on the nose. The Missus is not very fond of the music. BUT, she does like the piano arangements.....so I might have a chance.

The Missus just needs to listen to what this has. Aeris Lives is by far one of the best remixes on the sight. I dont recommend some of the techno but there is a pretty solid amount of pure orchestra/classical themed mixes on here. Jared Hudson has a few of the great ones I would recommend just downloading all the torrents and sampling them. See what you think is best.

A few recommendations from me.

FF4 Tale in Piano quallfies

FF7 Acoustic Fireworks

I would also recommend some of the distortion mixes from chrono trigger.

FF7 Aeris Lives is quite possibly the best on the website but i dont know how that would fit into a wedding

FF8 Fishermans Revelation. Sorry but i gotta go to work or i would add more.

Thanks for all the replies! Glad to see we're not the only one that's done this=}

Naw, it doesn't have to be OCR specific, the stipulation is that it has no vocals, or at least not English vocals: not sure the details as to why.

and to Neo Samus: well, if no one knows it's from a videogame, should it be a problem? =P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey everyone,

I've been coming to this site for my video game music fix for many years. Now I'm reaching out to the community for a little bit of help. My wife and I would like the soundtrack of our wedding reception to be completely video game based. Like everyone here, gaming has played a huge role in our lives, and we'd like to include a subtle sense of that in the form of ambient music. I have a good sense of what I'd like to include so far, but was hoping to bank off the OCRemix experts around here, to discover some new music and formulate some great new ideas. Ideally, I would like selections that enthusiasts would be able to quietly geek out over every track change, and those outside of the scene would still be able to enjoy.

Basically music that my grandma would appreciate, and my friends would love. Thanks for the help guys, we would really appreciate it.

Are you looking for music to just add to the atmosphere, or more of something to dance to?

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01348/

http://ocrmirror.iiens.net/files/music/remixes/Zelda_3_IntotheGoldenSunset_OC_ReMix.mp3

heres a few.

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01025/ .... If this wont work.. well .. I dont even know..

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01230/

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01086/

While both of those are great, the Zelda remix is definitely what we were looking for. That was an amazing piece, and would fit perfectly. Thanks for the help so far. :smile:

edit:

Wow, Dr. Wily's wedding? Who knew? Ha ha, thanks. Those will surely make it onto the CDs.