VGM Recommendations for a Wedding

Quad-0

My cousin did something similar to his wife, he played the Imperial March from Star Wars. Something like that is funny for about five seconds, and then you're left thinking oh god why.

efa.png

how about some Terranigma?

Zelda would be good too. The Zelda 3

and/or
in particular come to mind.

I'm really not familiar with Terranigma, but I think the Hometown theme, at least, would be good for a reception.

As for Zelda, that's also something we're looking at. My fiancee actually is thinking about the LttP's credits as her processional theme. If not, we'll use it during the reception.

Aw heck. Now I might have to do this at mine. :-/

I would recommend Final Fantasy Tactics, but I'm afraid the music in it might generally be a touch too far on the somber/churchy side; but something like Ovelia's Worries might not be too bad.

Still a bit too churchy, also a bit too busy. Part of why I'm looking at 8-16 bit era stuff is nostalgia as well as fidelity. I really like chip music, and how it's low fidelity, and how it's more about developing a melody than a soundscape.

Easy answer - play the FF victory theme when they announce you as a married couple for the first time.

Nah, too cheesy. I think that might be overdoing it.

I completely forgot this first time around, but
is the best choice for her processional

Sadly, never played Earthbound. My fiancee has, so she might really like the suggestion. I like what I'm hearing.

Another recommendation. Yes, Tactics Ogre was made near the tail end of the 16-bit days. This is just a rearrangement for the PSP game.

You could have this playing while the guests are filing into their seats and waiting for the ceremony to start.

Incidentally, while it isn't either 8- or 16-bit,

might sound amazing once everyone starts walking down the aisles as a sort of introductory piece.

Damn, I'm giving away my own wedding here.

#EXTINF:307,The Wingless - Super Metroid All the World in One Girl OC ReMix

D:\Music\OCR01001 to OCR01250\Super_Metroid_AlltheWorldinOneGirl_OC_ReMix.mp3

#EXTINF:226,Starblaze - Chrono Cross Dreamer OC ReMix

D:\Music\OCR00501 to OCR01000\Chrono_Cross_Dreamer_OC_ReMix.mp3

#EXTINF:270,DarkeSword - Chrono Trigger Blue Skies Over Guardia OC ReMix

D:\Music\OCR01001 to OCR01250\Chrono_Trigger_Blue_Skies_Over_Guardia_OC_ReMix.mp3

#EXTINF:309,DrumUltimA - Improvisation on a Moment Seized by Time

\Users\James Maxson\Music\[tindeck.com] - DrumUltimA - Improvisation on a Moment Seized by Time.mp3

#EXTINF:279,Josh Groban - Vincent

\Users\James Maxson\Documents\My Dropbox\Clarissa\Music\09 Vincent.mp3

#EXTINF:210,Chris Wrisner - Here Comes the Bride

\Users\James Maxson\Music\Amazon MP3\Chris Wrisner\Piano Masters #1 Songs\01 - Here Comes the Bride(1).mp3

#EXTINF:189,Diggi Dis - Over and Out

D:\Music\Bad Dudes Jingle All the Way\Bad Dudes Jingle All the Way EP - 12 Diggi Dis - Over and Out.mp3

#EXTINF:231,Joshua Morse - Guardia Forest Vibe

D:\Music\Joshua Morse - Guardia Forest Vibe (Chrono Trigger).mp3

#EXTINF:256,Virt - Love Foolosophy Chip

D:\Music\Virt_-_Love_Foolosophy_Chip.mp3

Here's the stuff I played at my own wedding.

Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy Scene IV (Finale from Final Fantasy II)

The majority of Symphonic Suite would probably work, save for Scenes II and VI, which would not fit in a wedding setting, as they include the boss battle theme and Imperial Army themes from FFII.

The Main Theme of Final Fantasy II is really nice too. The recent

is done very well.

You could always loop the dance segment of the Final Fantasy VI Opera during your first dance as a married couple.

I think a lot of tracks from the compilation album "Potion: Relaxin' with Final Fantasy" (I think many of the songs come from the various Piano Collections albums that have been released) would be quite fitting, especially:

Daguerreo, the Hermit's Library, Fisherman's Horizon, Eyes on Me, and Theme of Love to name a few.

Find Kate the Great and get rose of may done live for her procession. If you cant get her to do it live use the song anyway.

I definitely believe if you're gonna go with a final fantasy one you use Locke's Brass Quintet instead of super mario land Far more fanfare and more fitting an exit ceremony.

And if you wanna gamble. Imo this is nostalgic enough.

Metal Gear Solid: The Price of Freedom

(all three of these are OCR's)

• 1 month later...

Would love suggestions for tunes I can sneak in at my wedding reception this weekend.

Think mild, soft, background music. Acoustic covers are a safe best. Small orchestration is ok. Big orchestrated sounds won't fly. Percussion-less jazz remixes might be ok.

Suggest away!

PS: Kirby's Dream Land 'Gliding on a Silver Lining,' by Level 99 is a perfect example!

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02439/

Would love suggestions for tunes I can sneak in at my wedding reception this weekend.

Think mild, soft, background music. Acoustic covers are a safe best. Small orchestration is ok. Big orchestrated sounds won't fly. Percussion-less jazz remixes might be ok.

Suggest away!

PS: Kirby's Dream Land 'Gliding on a Silver Lining,' by Level 99 is a perfect example!

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02439/

Can I just say that I'm kinda teary-eyed from that kind of lofty praise? Have a GREAT wedding this weekend with nerdy music that will touch the hearts of everyone present. Mazel Tov! Salud! Le Chaim!

Edit: Another very warm acoustic mix of mine that fits in with what you're looking for is Quickening, from Xenogears: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02085/