Okay, so I've got integrated audio on my notebook...

Strati

(Yeah, I know I'm pretty much screwed already.)

Anyway, I just bought a Schecter Diamond Series Omen-6, it's pretty sweet, and it sounds awesome. I've got a Dell Latitude D620 with integrated audio and graphics, one gig of RAM, and running XP Pro. I've got the necessary adaptors (I mean, the 1/8" jack to 1/4" inch phono plug and vice versa) in order to plug the guitar into the computer, but whenever I do, the audio's all muffled or muddy, which I'm blaming on the integrated audio. (As far as I know, for a notebook of that size, there's not much else you can do.) Is there any way I can kick up the potential of my audio and/or graphics (speaking of graphics, Chankast won't run properly because of my graphics situation) without a major extraneous purchase?

(Yeah, I know I'm pretty much screwed already.)

Anyway, I just bought a Schecter Diamond Series Omen-6, it's pretty sweet, and it sounds awesome. I've got a Dell Latitude D620 with integrated audio and graphics, one gig of RAM, and running XP Pro. I've got the necessary adaptors (I mean, the 1/8" jack to 1/4" inch phono plug and vice versa) in order to plug the guitar into the computer, but whenever I do, the audio's all muffled or muddy, which I'm blaming on the integrated audio. (As far as I know, for a notebook of that size, there's not much else you can do.) Is there any way I can kick up the potential of my audio and/or graphics (speaking of graphics, Chankast won't run properly because of my graphics situation) without a major extraneous purchase?

You mean like a USB external sound card? Something like this?

Oh, snap, I am totally saving my money for that. So that's basically the only solution?

I dunno.

When it comes to laptops, the only things really upgradeable in them are RAM and the hard drive, so any other addons have to go through one of the peripheral buses, be it CardBus, ExpressCard, USB or 1394.

USB's the most widely-available so that might be it.

I dunno.

When it comes to laptops, the only things really upgradeable in them are RAM and the hard drive, so any other addons have to go through one of the peripheral buses, be it CardBus, ExpressCard, USB or 1394.

USB's the most widely-available so that might be it.

Ah, okay, I gotcha. Well, thanks!