A few easy questions...

All right, I'm satisfied with the demo version of FL, and I plan to buy the full package and start making songs soon. I just have a few questions to sort out before I finally decide to purchase it.

1) Can you change the tempo in the middle of a song?

2) Can you change the dynamics of an instrument? (without making a new, um... sequence? part? and changing it for the new part).

3) Is there an easy way to do triplets besides manually cutting the notes?

4) Are there any useful plugins that are not provided in the XXL version?

1) Yes. Edit events. Create a new pattern, place it where you want the tempo change (protip though, right click on the tempo thing first and click "init song with this position" so the song will start with that tempo). While in this new pattern, right click the tempo thing and click edit events.

2) Are you referring to note velocity? If so, there might be some way with automation clips, but I think it'd probably be easier to just select the pattern on the playlist, and hit ctrl+shift+C to clone the pattern. It'll appear as the pattern right below. Open the piano roll of that pattern and make the dynamics changes you want.

If you just want to change the volume of a certain instrument/channel mid-song, you can do it with edit events, same as above, but by right clicking the channel's volume knob instead.

3) Just to the right of the 8 lights (metronome, 321 count, etc) there is a drop-down menu that says "Line" by default. This is the snap setting. It affects plotting notes on the piano roll as well as automatic quantization of midi recordings you make. You can change it to 1/3rd beat for 8th triplets, or 1/6th beat for 16th triplets.

Also, there is a non-manual chopping tool. Select the note(s) on the piano roll and click (the piano icon) > Tools > Chop...

If you click on the Open icon in that window, go up a level and into the Quantization folder, and into the Snap folder, right there will be all the same things from the "Line" dropdown menu mentioned above.

4) I'm not sure. I have FL Studio 7 Producer Edition... in which the Soundfont Player, DrumSynth Live, Sytrus, Wasp, and a few others are demos, which sucks.

Just to echo what Miku said, yes you can change tempo mid way through the song, you can edit a notes velocity (although your VST may vary), read Miku's instruction for the third question.

As for the last question, the only ones I think would be very useful are WASP, Sytrus and Soundfont Player. PoiZone, Toxic III & Morphine are a little more technical, but they make good sound, so you might want to check the demos first before buying (that goes with all of them I should say...).

Oh, and buy at least producer edition ;)