Did you like EarthBound?

Red Shadow

Then I have IMPORTANT NEWS FOR YOUS

EarthBound is coming out on the Virtual Console soon, and its sales will be THE determining factor in whether MOTHER 3 is brought to America or not.

When EarthBound is released on the VC, download it -- even if you've got a dozen copies already -- and get every one of your friends to download it! It's only going to be $8, and each download will be like a vote for MOTHER 3. Start Facebook groups, send messages to people on MySpace, talk about it on other forums -- the goal is to pique people's interest in EarthBound.

If you have a digg account, abuse it. Digg the life out of this article.

GO GO GO

When's it coming out and what controllers can I use for it? If I don't have to get a classic control, I may finally get this bloody game.

Like all SNES games, it'll work with the Gamecube controller or the Classic controller only, and the GC controller shouldn't pose any problems(Unlike some games)

http://starmen.net/

Check out the EarthBound Seige Starmen.net has going on. Basically they want people to call Nintendo reps and talk to them about interest in Earthbound and Mother 3, and to mail postcards into Nintendo to further support the cause. These guys are seriously hardcore... but they can be really effective ways to get things done if people actually contribute.

Think I might mail something in to show my support, and I'll definitely be buying Earthbound via VC: I was planning on doing it the minute it got released anyways. :)

-Nick

You would think that with the low cost of VC releases--just need a new ESRB rating and a little bandwidth--that they would have a little less resistance to releasing something.

And, Earthbound is not just a game. It's a way of life. Long live Ness.

I have been keeping up with mother3.org, an english patch for the mother 3 rom, for some time now. While I'm pleased to hear this new mother related news, as I discussed with my roommate last night, there is a potential problem in it for me:

Our team has agreed that this translation project will come to a full stop if/when we hear that Nintendo has chosen to pursue an official translation of MOTHER 3. Our only goal is to put MOTHER 3 in the hands of the fans.

I'll be getting my hands on Mother 3 one way or another... but if Nintendo decides they're going to release an english version, and the organizers of this patch cease their efforts, I'm going to have to wait until Mother 3 actually GETS released here.

...which is bad considering I'm still waiting for Earthbound 64. :tomatoface:

If you're not excited for Mother 3 yet, here's a good reason to get excited:

battle2.png

You would think that with the low cost of VC releases--just need a new ESRB rating and a little bandwidth--that they would have a little less resistance to releasing something.

They're spreading their releases. It's a fairly simple and useful tactic: It puts more focus on the more obscure titles, and it ensures a fairly steady flow of cash. Not to mention that a Wii game release drought can be covered with big-name VC titles.

Why would they need a new ESRB? Or is that because the KA rating is defunct? I'm sure Earthbound would only get an E. Though it would be nice if Nintendo retranslated the game with the alcoholic references and other 'adult' material intact.