MEETUP: OCR NYC July 29th (and possibly an August date)

Bahamut

Just wondering, anyone in the area up for hanging out in NYC this month sometime? Big group, small group, doesn't matter much to me, it's boring as fuck around here right now...I need something to spice it up.

Noon @ Grand Central Terminal. As for what we'll do, we'll wing it for the most part, looking/walking around, visiting various places, and of course going to the show.

Here's the info about the show: http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.showDetails&Band_Show_ID=18399913&friendid=89576394

July, 29 2007 at The Tank @ Collective: Unconscious

279 Church Street between Franklin and White, New York, New York 10013

Cost : 7

It's a very easy walk from the 1 stop at Franklin, or the A, C, E from Canal.

priestcave-flyer2.gif

And here's two clips of the music: http://www.myspace.com/priestcave

Interested Parties

Bahamut

Jose the Bronx Rican

PassivePretentiousness

The Pezman

Zethzen

Potentially

Atma

DrumUltimA

I think I'd pass on something like that. I wasn't thinking of anything huge - I like PP's suggestion the most.

I've always wanted to eat here, but it's probably more pricey than people like (it's where the NY strip steak was invented) and it's probably busy as fuck. It shouldn't be hard finding a place, but what type of place is preferred? Most places in the city I know of that are a restaurant and bar are pricey, so if someone knows of a good suggestion, speak up.

I think I'd pass on something like that. I wasn't thinking of anything huge - I like PP's suggestion the most.

I've always wanted to eat here, but it's probably more pricey than people like (it's where the NY strip steak was invented) and it's probably busy as fuck. It shouldn't be hard finding a place, but what type of place is preferred? Most places in the city I know of that are a restaurant and bar are pricey, so if someone knows of a good suggestion, speak up.

Well, Gallaghers may be a bit over your heads, since it's rare to see the place not busy.

If anything, I hope this list might help you all...

http://www.nyc.com/search/find.aspx?secid=6&int4=143

And if all else fails...

Hope you all have a good time.

my price range is probably no higher $25 a plate and $6 for a decent draft.

How does the 26th sound? I'm all booked for the 25th so that day would be a no go for me.

are you sure that the weekend (28th or 29th) wouldn't be a better option? I could probably make it into the city that night, but I wouldn't be able to make it out until about 7:30 at the earliest. I'll also be coming over a nine hour work day so I'd have some difficulty staying out much past 10ish.

... I want to meet celebrities!!!

Then why are you posting here?

EDIT:

NYClan?

Perhaps, if properly timed, linking up with Shael Riley and the other members of PBC Productions would be possible as well. I've wanted to meet them on their own turf ever since MAGfest.

Oh no, Devon Riley and NYClan, it'd be like that horrible Empire Arcadia thing all over again

What horrible thing was that?
Wait, are you referencing to that group who listen to a guy who wears a Power Glove...?

It wasn't at ALL what I thought it was going to be. So for most of the time I just talked to my friends who invited me to it, and Devon, and we had a good time.

Just wondering, anyone in the area up for hanging out in NYC this month sometime? Big group, small group, doesn't matter much to me, it's boring as fuck around here right now...I need something to spice it up.

Setting up meetups usually works best when you throw down a date, then people can plan around it