OCR00773 - Astérix & Obélix "3 Ways"

orkybash

Asterix & Obelix '3 Ways'

I'm really liking this. But then again, I'm always very fond of NoppZ's unique (at least to the remixing community) style. For whatever reason, though, this mix strikes me as particularly well pulled off. My only gripe is the fade ending (a major pet peeve of mine). I wish I could compare this to the source material, but I can only go on what NoppZ has remixed, and to reiterate: I like it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

oldschool r&b’s the name and its done very well. the bass and vinyl scratch are two things i happen to dig. not much else stands out individually, but taken as a whole this is great to chill to

as long as you’re checking out NoppZ, be sure to get my favorite mix of his, Final Fantasy IV - Damcyan Gangsters (extend this bi0tch!!) surprisingly, the guy also has some great solo piano mixes: Zelda 64 - Ocarina Piano and Final Fantasy VII - Aeris Theme (Piano)

• 6 months later...

Cool remix, well-done and very long, but that's not a bad thing as it doesn't really get repetitive (from my perspective, at least). An imaginative listener may be able to envision Astérix on a long journey, not rushing toward his goal but traveling at his own pace.

Will definitely make it to my regular playlist due to coolness.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
be sure to get my favorite mix of his, Final Fantasy IV - Damcyan Gangsters (extend this bi0tch!!)

I could if you post a link.

Anyway, this remix gives me a flashback of X-zibit's "X" theme song. It might be the rythum of the piano and bassline in correspondance to the beat.

Interesting stuff. I likey! :wink:

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The song is a little close to the originals, but I thought it but a nice spin on them. After checking out the game after hearing this mix and hearing the tunes, the thought that came to mind is how NoppZ put life into them. Specifically, the Londinium music is was sped up and a little groove bias added. It did tend to drag on a bit though- the three songs I felt didn't mesh that well to form a cohesive song. The transitions weren't bad however. Nice overall.

• 2 years later...

Very old skool OCR vibe on this one. Decent textures throughout, though it just seems to go on and on.. Production is clean enough, and things sound good, though the samples seem pretty lifeless to me. I think part of it seems like it's just a series of cut and pastes. There aren't really any interesting drum fills, or variations between repetitions.

It was Aite, but somewhat dated.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00773 - Astérix & Obélix "3 Ways"
  • 4 years later...