Underwhelming last bosses

Anyone ever played this Atari game?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=1475790&cl=2970679

I dunno, if that guy destroys the gond... it can't possibly be as challenging as it's made out to be in the commercial, can it?

Whoa. I remember that game... barely... I remember beating it once and never playing it again. I don't know why, but I had more of a challenge braving the 100 stages of Galaga or playing Xevious.

Pretty much every boss in Twilight Princess was rather underwhelming. Most I beat without even getting hit and that was on the first run though the game.

FF10's final boss was a joke. Having to kill your own summons and then well, it's just weird for a boss. Seriously, it's like you are on drugs. It was still a great game though.

FF12... Shouldn't even be a final boss. Also, the optional bosses this time were also a huge joke (when compared to previous optional bosses). I didn't even have to level up or anything to beat them (did Yiazmat at about level 69 or so). The only one that seemed to pack a decent punch was Zodiark, but even he isn't so bad once you learn what armor you should wear.

TP really was a joke when it came to bosses.

The hardest bosses in TP were:

-The orc, especially on the bridge

-The bird that the corrupted twili whistled on grass to call.

I beat TP without dying once - A first for me for Zelda games. Embarassing, isn't it?

FF9's final in both forms. Easy kills compared to the devil battles of hades and Ozuma

Honestly the only FF game i can think of without the topic is FF8. Speaking as one who took down omega weapon cheat free the final boss in that one was as hard if not harder than Omega. And trust me thats sayin something.

For me it's got to be GRAW on 360 when you fight that Carlos bloke or whatever his name is.

I remember the first time i got to that part in the game and bullets were flying

all around me and he just died... one of my dodgy AI teamates came good in the end and killed him it was a terribe final showdown to a great game i never even got a single shot off.

The way FF8 worked is kinda funny. If you leveled up to 100 without bothering to boost your stats, then yeah, you probably made the game hard for yourself. If you boosted your stats without leveling up at all, then your game is very insanely easy. If you leveled up to 100, but then boosted stats afterwards, it's still pretty easy, but not as easy as if you left your levels low, but maxed stats.

Basically, as you level up, so do all the enemies.

So, you probably had a hard time on the final boss because of your levels.

Personally, I didn't find it that hard (and I didn't boost my stats yet). I found Omega worse, but I didn't fight him until I was level 100 and still had not boosted my stats at that point.

Agreeing with Grandia II. What was up with that? Despite being an RPG, it's very linear and doesn't really give you too much time to level up, much less over level. Play the game, beat the boss. He has as slightly stronger 2nd form and then you beat that too. I was hoping for an overwhelming 3rd form, but that never happened.

Jack of Blades from Fable. Easy to beat when you use multi-strike.

This has my vote. After the intense battle with Maze, this guy was a joke. In the original version of Fable, all I did was used lightning on him non stop while drinking mana pots and he died. He was stunned by the lightning the whole time and couldn't attack me, I could just stand still and do it.

At least in the expansion version you couldn't stun him with lightning, which made him a little harder, but not by much. His second form as a dragon was much more impressive though.

This has my vote. After the intense battle with Maze, this guy was a joke. In the original version of Fable, all I did was used lightning on him non stop while drinking mana pots and he died. He was stunned by the lightning the whole time and couldn't attack me, I could just stand still and do it.

At least in the expansion version you couldn't stun him with lightning, which made him a little harder, but not by much. His second form as a dragon was much more impressive though.

Even then...

>Berserk

>Multi Strike

>Big sword....

End. The dragon looked all big and tough...yet it was insanely easy. Just wait for him to land and deliver the blow.

Legend of Legaia - After having to fight Songi 3rd form, I was expecting something god-like. Yeah...I was really wrong that time.

ZOE 2 - Oh man I was so mad that I had fight Anubis for the 3rd freaking time! I was ready to open up a can until I beat him in about a minute....

ZOE 1 - Storyline boss. You can't hurt him at all.

Yu Yevon was certainly a joke.

The Joy in MGS3 was pretty easy too, compared with what you had to do to get to her.

Again, I agree that Gannon was insanely easy to kill, but it was still a fun fight....

Hmmm, what else? Andross on the SNES Star Fox, he was way to easy imo.

I have a few others, but it's too late for me to actually remember what they are.

Legend of Legaia - After having to fight Songi 3rd form, I was expecting something god-like. Yeah...I was really wrong that time.

They kinda blew their load when Songi had a move called "Genocide Cannon" or something like that. But the final boss wasn't so disappointing as he was just a long, drawn-out fight. And really, all the bosses in that game after a certain point were the same, they'd use their super-move every 3rd or so turn, so you just defend on those turns and heal when necessary.

Bowser from Super Mario Sunshine was so easy I was stunned when I beat him. I was all, "what the hell? That's IT?"

Also, Strife from Soul Calibur 3. He doesn't even turn into one of the OTHER final bosses like Abyss or Night Terror. You just equip a healing weapon and defend til he dies. Lame.

I would have to say Aries from God of War was easy as hell, which I didn't get because he was the god of freagin' war! That damn minotaur before him was harder than him, alot harder. And I'll just agree with everyone else on Ganon in TP too. The Arbiters Ground boss was easy too, but DAMN was that fun as hell!

They kinda blew their load when Songi had a move called "Genocide Cannon" or something like that. But the final boss wasn't so disappointing as he was just a long, drawn-out fight. And really, all the bosses in that game after a certain point were the same, they'd use their super-move every 3rd or so turn, so you just defend on those turns and heal when necessary.

Bowser from Super Mario Sunshine was so easy I was stunned when I beat him. I was all, "what the hell? That's IT?"

Also, Strife from Soul Calibur 3. He doesn't even turn into one of the OTHER final bosses like Abyss or Night Terror. You just equip a healing weapon and defend til he dies. Lame.

True when you put that factor into the mix. I can agree with Strife being a huge joke. It didn't take much to bring him down.

Anyone mention the final boss of Gradius 3? I just finished it on the Virtual Console. That game is demoniacally hard. I died during the final level so when I reached the final boss I had an upgraded weapon and that was it. The boss went down with a whimper. Usually the challenge is to dodge the enemy firepower, but that just wasn't an issue this time. I was very surprised when it blew up as the fight didn't feel like it had even started yet.