OCR00775 - Final Fantasy VII "Chocarena"

Saunders

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I am officially obsessed with the Chocobo theme now 'cause of you, Draggor. ^^ This is the best Chocobo remix I've heard so far, and I'm certain it's going to remain my favourite. It actually sounds like it belongs in Gold Saucer, and not all of the remixes sound like they 'belong' in the game. Great work! ^_^

• 2 months later...

this is by far the most creative and well-done Chocobo theme remix on the site. when I first heard it, I wanted to get up and do a happy little dance.

the arrangement is good and well-paced, everything is decently balanced, and I love how the main theme was kept in the MIDI-style beep form. the "wipeout" segment was icing on the cake, giving the feeling that you're getting two remixes for the price of one download. all in all, it makes me want to thank Squenix for Chocobos until the end of time.

bravo, Draggor. you are most certainly teh roxxors.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There aren't any words in any language to describe the noise I made when I first heard this song. It's soooooooooo good. GAH! I just wish more Final Fantasy characters had a mystical love children with one hit wonder pop. Just imagine it. Moogles mate with...um...lets see...nevermind, the children of everything are just too frightening. But this child, the Chocerana, this child is the most adorable kid I have ever seen/heard. Great job.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one is just plain fun. Love that slow-down and speed-up part around 2:50. Somehow, everything just falls perfectly together. It really gives me a picture of a day at the amusement park. Just letting the wind take your hair as you ride up and down the roller coaster or simply walking and talking with your buddies. Good for a sunny day.

This one is just plain fun. Love that slow-down and speed-up part around 2:50. Somehow, everything just falls perfectly together. It really gives me a picture of a day at the amusement park. Just letting the wind take your hair as you ride up and down the roller coaster or simply walking and talking with your buddies. Good for a sunny day.

I couldnt have said it better myself. I dont know if this is for da playlist but its a good one!

• 2 months later...

I love all of the chocobo-chocobo remixes, but this one is the best by far. I love how you did the background music, it kind of reminds me of double dragon games. You also didn't just stay with the normal chocobo tune, you mixed it up, but in a good way.

Yeah, it's just overall a great song, listen to it almost every day. Mmmmyup

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...
"HEYYY CHOCARENA!"

Hahaha Oh Snap!

This is amazing. It has this chippiness to it that I haven't heard since Pokemon Gold & Silver.

I imagine the dance moves to this would be a cross between the Macarena and the Chicken Dance. :<

It's chocobo, it's fun, it's get down and shake it on the dance floor. One just can't listen to this and not smile.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

a little interpretive, but on the whole not too impressed. the melody could stand out more and perhaps be a more driving force in the song to pump you up / get you energized / dancing. second half has more energy - but melody presence problems continue.

i still can't see "carena" without thinking "hey ocarina!"

Edited by SoulinEther

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Haha, this makes me smile. The cheerfulness is infectious. At first I thought it could use a little bit more of interpretation and focus, but once the second half/soloing kicked in I was sold.

...and it left me wanting some more of that "Wipe Out" section. Good stuff :-P

Thumbs up.

Edited by Holy Land

• 1 year later...

Holy Land: "Haha, this makes me smile. The cheerfulness is infectious. At first I thought it could use a little bit more of interpretation and focus, but once the second half/soloing kicked in I was sold.

...and it left me wanting some more of that "Wipe Out" section. Good stuff :razz:

Thumbs up."

I completely agree with Holy Land. No matter what mood I'm in listening to this remix always makes me smile and feel better. I even laugh a little sometimes it's so cheerful ;-) good work on this piece.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00775 - Final Fantasy VII "Chocarena"