MarioKart Wii

L.T.W.

/cry

Boooo!

You should be glad I deleted my original post, it was far more harsh on the fact that the unbearable stench coming out of your wet pants affected your already decayed irrational fanboyism riddled brain with the illusionary thoughts that creating a new thread on a topic already covered in another that is already in the front page would be so awesome that everybody would shit their pants at its glance, just like you obviously did when reading the aforementioned news.

Lurking is not as bad as your urges to post stupidly tell you.

There's a Brawl thread. There was a Twilight Princess thread.

Let the mods decide whether a game deserves its own hype thread. It will either get locked or it won't. No use flaming and crying over it.

Online mario kart. Let's hope this one turns out better than MKDS.

There's a Brawl thread. There was a Twilight Princess thread.

Let the mods decide whether a game deserves its own hype thread. It will either get locked or it won't. No use flaming and crying over it.

Online mario kart. Let's hope this one turns out better than MKDS.

The game looks very similar to MKDS(except with the graphics of the Wii, duh), since everyone has their cars like they did in MKDS. I just hope that in MK Wii snaking won't exist like it did in MKDS. That really killed the experience for me. MK64 is probably my favorite MK title next to the SNES MK.

You should be glad I deleted my original post, it was far more harsh on the fact that the unbearable stench coming out of your wet pants affected your already decayed irrational fanboyism riddled brain with the illusionary thoughts that creating a new thread on a topic already covered in another that is already in the front page would be so awesome that everybody would shit their pants at its glance, just like you obviously did when reading the aforementioned news.

Lurking is not as bad as your urges to post stupidly tell you.

Yeah, and making a thread like this shouldn't be enough reason to flame the guy this bad....O.o

Somehow I think that as long as there's power sliding, there will be snaking. AFAIK I've never seen the two apart.

There was power sliding in MK64, but it wasen't as easy to pull off as it was in MK:DS. Same goes for MK:DD. Let's hope this one isn't an exception.

The snaking was the reason i stopped playing it.

It was difficult in MK64 because of the small hop you had when you went into a slide. In DD it was because of the (what I felt to be) looser control scheme. The DS had tight controls with no hop (now it has been a while since I've touched it...I could be dead wrong with this theory) so it was the perfect medium for snaking. Yes?

It was difficult in MK64 because of the small hop you had when you went into a slide. In DD it was because of the (what I felt to be) looser control scheme. The DS had tight controls with no hop (now it has been a while since I've touched it...I could be dead wrong with this theory) so it was the perfect medium for snaking. Yes?

It did made you hop, but like you said, it had some smooth controls.

Doing that in MK64 and DD it felt like you were driving on ice, making it impossible for snaking as in MK:DS.

I just want the AI to be fair this time. It makes no sense to me that the statistically worst kart+driver beats everyone, including me in the statistically best kart+driver (and no I do not suck at the MK games).

I don't wish to complain about everything ;_; but there's just always so much to complain about.

Anyway, what I hope this game to be is a crossover between MK64 and MK for SNES (collecting coins builds up the speed and it needs to at least be 3D so driving does not suck n_n; ).

Seeing how the non-standard karts are already in it, I'm not expecting too much of this game.

They keep taking our beloved "hardcore" franchises and turning them into something everyone can play... You can't please EVERYONE and people who never played games before will like any game regardless of how much it sucks or not at all. Just let us keep at least this one and let new people actually do what 'we' did all this: practice for hours a day to actually build skill on the game.

I just want the AI to be fair this time. It makes no sense to me that the statistically worst kart+driver beats everyone, including me in the statistically best kart+driver (and no I do not suck at the MK games).

I'm not sure what you mean. I mean, when playing against harder AI, it should be tougher right? But I've never found any of the Mario Kart games to be so tough that I can't win after some practice. In the end, it just comes down to how good I become in the game that determines if I win or not, and not so much what kart/character combo I use if I adapt my play style.

EDIT: I also didn't find it too hard to snake in Double Dash, though of course that was more kart-dependent.

I'm not sure what you mean. I mean, when playing against harder AI, it should be tougher right? But I've never found any of the Mario Kart games to be so tough that I can't win after some practice. In the end, it just comes down to how good I become in the game that determines if I win or not, and not so much what kart/character combo I use if I adapt my play style.

EDIT: I also didn't find it too hard to snake in Double Dash, though of course that was more kart-dependent.

Well, what I mean is, it feels like the computer's skill isn't getting better, but it just blatantly cheats.

Kind of like on F-zero X where, on Master difficulty, you'd always have 3 drivers with you that would always catch up on you AND pass you no matter how fast you are/good you are etc. Plus they seemed to have infinite boost power, but that's a different story.

At least in Mario Kart DS I felt what I described in the other post.

I don't know how to "snake" or whatever and I refuse to use some kind of trick to beat an AI that was programmed to always be faster no matter the statistics.

That's just me though.

Here's some DD action pretty much powersliding the whole track almost :P

Doing that just to win is too much work(even though this is time trial).

Eek! That was horrible.....

I have to say that it really does take some skill to do stuff like this, but it drains the fun for other players that way.

Well, what I mean is, it feels like the computer's skill isn't getting better, but it just blatantly cheats.

Kind of like on F-zero X where, on Master difficulty, you'd always have 3 drivers with you that would always catch up on you AND pass you no matter how fast you are/good you are etc. Plus they seemed to have infinite boost power, but that's a different story.

At least in Mario Kart DS I felt what I described in the other post.

I don't know how to "snake" or whatever and I refuse to use some kind of trick to beat an AI that was programmed to always be faster no matter the statistics.

That's just me though.

Gotcha, I can understand that point of view.

Gotta love the AI in Mario Kart SNES though haha. Depending on what character you were, that set who was going to be the computer to place higher. Although, you could always change that and try to cause a computer to place lower than what it was supposed to. Since the computer's place was based off of who has more points, they'd stay in 3rd(assuming you placed 1st) instead of 2nd.

Here's some DD action pretty much powersliding the whole track almost :P

Doing that just to win is too much work(even though this is time trial).

That is fuckin' impressive. But still, no one wants to go through that much work powersliding... I mean, I'm pretty good in MK, but there is no way in hell that I'm that skilled.

Edit: I have no idea of what "snaking" is, either. Anyone care to give a short explaination?