MarioKart Wii

L.T.W.

Gotta love the AI in Mario Kart SNES though haha. Depending on what character you were, that set who was going to be the computer to place higher. Although, you could always change that and try to cause a computer to place lower than what it was supposed to. Since the computer's place was based off of who has more points, they'd stay in 3rd(assuming you placed 1st) instead of 2nd.

Yeah, i remember that. You could totally mess up the order by making them get lower places in the first race.

ASF, snaking is what you have seen in that Double Dash video. It's the continues (spl?) use of the power slide, giving extra boosts. Doing this the entire race, will pretty much ensure your victory. However, it is regarded as something very low/cheap, as it makes sure that un-experienced players have no chance whatsoever.

The fact that you go from right to left, to right, to left, resembles the movements of a snake's body when it's crawling around, thus calling it snaking.

Snaking is powersliding from side to side on a straight road, just to get the miniturbos mario kart gives you, for an overall faster forward speed.

The reason it was such a problem in MKDS but not in '64 or Double Dash was because the "mini turbos" rewarded for the power sliding were huge, about half the speed boost of a constant mushroom if you snaked properly.

Yeah, i remember that. You could totally mess up the order by making them get lower places in the first race.

ASF, snaking is what you have seen in that Double Dash video. It's the continues (spl?) use of the power slide, giving extra boosts. Doing this the entire race, will pretty much ensure your victory. However, it is regarded as something very low/cheap, as it makes sure that un-experienced players have no chance whatsoever.

The fact that you go from right to left, to right, to left, resembles the movements of a snake's body when it's crawling around, thus calling it snaking.

Oh okay. I couldn't remember if this was the term used for what I saw in a MK64 vid some time ago. Similar to it, but not as tasteless. Thanks.

Now I'm tempted to ask for a race or two on my DS...

Oh whatever. This is Mario Kart man! C'mon.

I can't watch the video from here - Is there a double dash option? God I hope so.

Good question...Though i didn't see anything about that in the video (i could've fallen asleep), Reggie DID say something about the amount of players playing online.

He didn't say anything about the amount, but he did say that more players would mean more fun. He also mentioned online gaming - worldwide.

Could a double dash feature work online? Well, worldwide?

Mariokart used to be my favorite franchise, but since DD...

I'm concerend about Reggie saying "A first-timer can stay bumper to bumper with a Kart veteran."

I bet:

-Hop is still out (giving less strategy with cutting corners and avoiding items)

-Coins are still out (coins, imo, gave depth to a race, because you also have maxed out speed to worry about next to corners and items)

-Course design is still wide open (as opposed to snes and handheld, where a tight "perfect" driving line existed, giving you the chance to get beter because you step by step dicovered the correct way to take the corners)

yeah. Pessimistic. Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you really need to play mario kart DS (hopping and several other moves return).

Anyway, this looks pretty sweet. I hope they figure out a way to keep powersliding and eliminate snaking altogether. That killed Mario Kart DS online for me.

You should be glad I deleted my original post, it was far more harsh on the fact that the unbearable stench coming out of your wet pants affected your already decayed irrational fanboyism riddled brain with the illusionary thoughts that creating a new thread on a topic already covered in another that is already in the front page would be so awesome that everybody would shit their pants at its glance, just like you obviously did when reading the aforementioned news.

Lurking is not as bad as your urges to post stupidly tell you.

What in the name of all that is holy is fucking wrong with you?!!!!!

What did I do to you to get attacked like this?

Just go to hell and refrain from posting comments like that again, please.

What in the name of all that is holy is fucking wrong with you?!!!!!

What did I do to you to get attacked like this?

Just go to hell and refrain from posting comments like that again, please.

stfu nub

Get over yourself or get out. This sort of thing is standard procedure 'round here and it's not likely to change.

deel wit it srsly

That type of post doesn't really have a place here - he didn't do anything wrong there, there was absolutely no reason for Nuts to go off there.

Eh, I spy six counts of stinky green idiocy in the original post alone. He at least deserved Nuts' last sentence.

I hope it's nothing like the GC version. That crap was unplayable. MKDS rules.

But I hope there's snaking. Snaking makes the game fast and fun as hell.

I hope there's snaking and you weaklings are left with no choice but to wallow in your rancid filth of suck.

If there's an option to change the boost style so that you can turn off snaking I suppose that's okay but if there's no "make 'em wallow" option fjadnbigundsvjnb

Does anybody know if DD was done by a different team than the gameboy version? Usually, that's the case, having specified handheld people.

Anyway. if there were different teams, than there's a chance this game will be done by the ds team. Oneline play (and even a track that looks a lot like a ds track) at least give me some hope that's the case.

Well, if you listened to Reggie and the gang, it will definitely be online and it comes with a wheel (which I hope can be tacked down to a table or something). They also mentioned about more players - Also, some of the online games will not require friend codes. Which games? I don't know, because I am hung over and in need of coffee.

I don't know which 'teams' are involved, but I hope it won't be as cheap as Double Dash (blue shells, enemies ganging up on you, blue sparks).

Well, because you have to do them the whole time to win. That extra time should be focused on collecting items and using weaponry.

I just think that it's a hassle. Maybe if you limited their usage. When I play competitively, we use blue sparks the whole time, and it just takes the fun out of actually driving and enjoying the trip to the goal line.

Well, because you have to do them the whole time to win. That extra time should be focused on collecting items and using weaponry.

I just think that it's a hassle. Maybe if you limited their usage. When I play competitively, we use blue sparks the whole time, and it just takes the fun out of actually driving and enjoying the trip to the goal line.

Hmm...

I can snake easily, but I don't like using it to win cause it's lame...but when I think of blue sparks, I just love them because it makes taking turns that much more fun. Also it allows for some pretty wicked red shell dodges which are always pleasing to watch and to pull off. I've never thought of blue sparks as a bad thing because my group has unanimously decided to only use them to make awesome turns, not to exploit mini turbo.

Also, I demand the return of emblems! I loved showing those off.