*NO* Pinball Fantasies 'Stoned and Boned'

Liontamer

Contact Info

* Your ReMixer name - Videogame Orchestra

* Your real name -

* Your email address

* Your website - www.videogameorchestra.com

* Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile -

ReMix Info

* Name of game(s) ReMixed - Pinball Fantasies

* Name of individual song(s) ReMixed - Stones n' Bones level music

* Additional information about game, if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc. - Olof Gustaffsson, Amiga

* Link to the original soundtrack, if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site -

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.exotica.org.uk/tunes/archive/Authors/Game/Gustafsson_Olof/Pinball_Fantasies.lha - "Stones n' Bones" (di.stones_n_bones)

Ok, so after checking out the original, and then the rest of the soundtrack, what am I hearing?

Sounds like the "Stones n' Bones" bells (that's all the source is) used a few times in an entirely original composition. Didn't recognize any of the music from the soundtrack. If I'm right, this submission is a violation. I'll follow up and get back to this.

EDIT (9/3): http://www.zophar.net/zsnes/spc/pbfantsy.rar - 21 "Stones n' Bones"

For whatever reason, the Amiga pack I got from ExoticA didn't have the actual level music in there. But a quick check of MobyGames showed me whatever platforms this game was released on. I don't have the actual Amiga original at my disposal, but the SNES version of the source looks to be enough to compare.

You make some really good sounding tracks, Videogame Orchestra, but there's no interpretation here beyond the sound upgrade. We need interpretation at OCR. You need to read up on the submissions standards and listen to other ReMixes on the site vs. the originals to get a better idea of what we're looking for. Despite whatever expansionist instrumentation is here, it's not substantial enough in light of the structure being verbatim with the original.

When we say 'ReMix'' date=' we actually mean something closer to 're-arrangement', if that helps clarify. If you listen to most of the pieces on the site and compare them to the originals, you should get an idea of what a ReMix is. [b']In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top. Also, don't simply take a MIDI file and assign new instruments to the parts, or add reverb, and expect that to pass as 'yours'. Changing a piece's genre, adding original passages, solos, harmonies, and counter-melodies, as well as altering instrumentation, dynamics, and tempo are all ways of making a ReMix your own unique creation, and are techniques best used in conjunction.

NO Override

• 2 months later...