OCR01599 - Super Mario Bros. "Mario Likes Thorazine"

djpretzel

Thorazine is supposed to be a sort of sedative, that slows down the processes. BUT the song is all backwards! Looks like thorazine isn't working for someone. I should write a life novel about that.

I wished it was more like valentine since it goes on hi pitched for too long. Those articulations just jab at my ear. I don't care how real they're supposedly supposed to sound. I guess I just have a bias towards these things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having seen the amazing movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest yesterday once again, I can only come to the conclusion that part of Schnab's inspiration for this mix, or at least the slower/softer parts, (and the name seems to confirm that) comes from the muzak that was played by Nurse Ratched for the patients. Eitherway, everything I could say about this mix has already been said, so I'll just say it's an amazing piece.

Having seen the amazing movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest yesterday once again, I can only come to the conclusion that part of Schnab's inspiration for this mix, or at least the slower/softer parts, (and the name seems to confirm that) comes from the muzak that was played by Nurse Ratched for the patients. Eitherway, everything I could say about this mix has already been said, so I'll just say it's an amazing piece.

hahah actually shnab is just crazy

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely my favourite mix of the infamous Mario tune on the site, and is just as great as Motoi Sakaruba's darkened arrangement of the track, of which this mix shares a slight resemblance despite being much quicker and lighter in tone. But I digress...

This is the sort of music that polarises listeners (it is Shnabubula, after all) but as always, I drink it all in. I love music that interchanges and tries to wrestle free from any sort of constraint. There's a fantastic sense of unpredictability in most of Shnab's work, and I think above all else, an extremely high level of quality.

The amount of material he's extracted from a source tune I usually perceive to being ruined in the transition to realistic instruments is astounding. I can't fault this, and even if I could, I'd be too intimidated to. One of the most artistically competent, yet wholly accessible, on the site. More is always needed.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01599 - Super Mario Bros. "Mario Likes Thorazine"
  • 5 years later...