Tactics Ogre arrangement

RainMan7

This arrangement is based upon Tactics Ogre. More specifically 'Air Land'. I re-orchestrated the music entirely, added an flute cadenza mid way through and add a zany drum section just for kicks. :D

Anyhoo, I realize that its not much of a deviation from the original source track but I am not quite sure exactly how close the line should be drawn. I feel that the piece promotes the style of the original while adding some new touches, but feel free to disagree with me

http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/rain/Flying.mp3

At any rate, I hope you enjoy the track! :)

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Ryan

You picked a very good source tune. It's nice to see a Tactics Ogre arrangement for a change. Especially considering that to the best of my knowledge there haven't been any yet! :/

I think the arrangement is faithful to the original no doubt and offers some decent amounts of variation in the instruments. The addition of the percussion around 1:11 is quite nice but I think it would be nice to include more of it possibly. I don't recall the original being quite this dynamic with the cymball crashes and all so I'd guess that's another strong point of addition as well.

Personally I think this a pretty good job. It may be helpful to add even more original ideas to the arrangement but you may not need them. That's the best I can give you. Hopefully someone with more experience than me will come along and help.

Also, thank you. For arranging this song. I'm glad to know I'm not the only who's heard it.

Finally, I've met a fellow Tactics Ogre appreciator! :350: Most excellent.

You picked a very good source tune. It's nice to see a Tactics Ogre arrangement for a change. Especially considering that to the best of my knowledge there haven't been any yet! :/

Cheers! Air Land is one of my favorite video game tunes and a diamond from a soundtrack full of shining gems. The way the composition propels itself forward harmonically and development-wise is very beautiful. I like how the piece moves in 3/4 but doesn't droop at all, unlike a waltz. The way it seamlessly loops is also superlative.

Its unfortunate that Enix didn't bring the game over to the united states, otherwise the soundtrack might've become more accessible and beloved. The soundtrack is also dreadfully hard to find without paying $100+... Still, that hasn't really stopped us, has it? ;) Its easy to fall in love with a soundtrack like Tactics Ogre.

I think the arrangement is faithful to the original no doubt and offers some decent amounts of variation in the instruments. The addition of the percussion around 1:11 is quite nice but I think it would be nice to include more of it possibly. I don't recall the original being quite this dynamic with the cymball crashes and all so I'd guess that's another strong point of addition as well.

Cool and thanks. I think I am going to submit it as is. I'd like to start working on other Tactics Ogre arrangement in the meantime. :) It'd be nice if we could get a few other guys/gals to contribute as well.

Personally I think this a pretty good job. It may be helpful to add even more original ideas to the arrangement but you may not need them. That's the best I can give you. Hopefully someone with more experience than me will come along and help.

Thanks. I'll submit it and see how it goes from there.

Also, thank you. For arranging this song.

Its my pleasure. Thanks for saying so.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only who's heard it.

Likewise. I'll be sure to update this thread when I've completed other arrangements.

See ya later

Ryan