Computer problem that I need help with....

I'm posting this message from a Mac instead of my pc due to the nature of the problem.

A few days ago my pc started to sporadically have repetitive beeping fits at start up, and has progressed from a probability to an absolution. I can't get on my computer since all it will do when I power on is repetitively beep and bring up no display or any other indicator of what's wrong.

As for how this problem came about, it may have been due to the recent cleaning I've given it with a compressed air can.

If anyone else has run into this problem and has had it fixed, please tell me what I should do.

The odd thing about this is that I've ordered a new pc right before the problem became permanent. It makes me wonder if my pc is jealous....

Make sure your RAM is seated nice and snug. Also, you might want to power cycle your power supply; turn it completely off and unplug it, then start again. Lastly, based on the chipset settings comment, check if your CMOS battery is good, it's the watch battery on the motherboard. If your clock keeps resetting, that's pretty much guarenteed to be the problem.

Well, I updated my computer manually with anything Windows update provided since yesterday, and I haven't had any problems since.

As far as it being a cmos battery problem, those suckers are supposed to last several years, and I've only had this comp for about 2. Then again, anything could happen, I suppose.... hoping that nothing will happen, of course.

I tend to let the dust form a protective heat shield around my components.

the real root of your problem was that this protective layer of dead skin and dirt was no longer there to prevent your "old man" ram from overheating. Thus your Puter realizing its age and the complexities of the way the world works, decided that it would take a holiday.

Your computer isnt broken, its just having a midlife crisis.

Moral of the story,

DONT FUCK WITH NATURALLY OCCURING PC DUST!