OCR00778 - Donkey Kong Country "Blue Vision"

Disco Dan

This remix is definately one of the best remixes i've heard. It used to be my favorite remix for a long time (until i listened to it over and over until it got old). I don't think that there was a problem with the similarities to the original song. If there's nothing wrong with the main melody, why change it? It doesn't sound like a midi of the original and besides, bLiNd wouldn't do that. It would be co cheap.

This is one of those songs that creates a mood and accomplishes an ambience and feel that most songs don't.

A ReMixer should not be punished because he is good enough to emulate the original from scratch, as bLiNd has done here.

Well done, and a definite improvement on the original. I'm listening to the original (from the OST) and then Ambient Gemini / Blue Vision, and both accomplish the task of improving on the original, and do it well.

• 1 month later...

bLiNd, you rock :D

This quickly became one of my favorite remixes. I had downloaded Ambient Gemini ( i think that's the name) at first, and was really disappointed at how bland the song was, but then I found Blue Vision.

I love the synth effects at 3:07, especially how it rises to dominate the song then fade out again.

10/10!

Keep up the great work 8)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I never really got into the Donkey Kong Country series of games. I played a little bit through emulation, but I didn't really find them all that spectacular. However, I ran into this mix while going through the OCR bitorrent. This is the kind of piece that makes you go back to the orignal soundtrack to find the original piece. Unlike much of bLiNd's work, this is very mellow and relaxing. It just sounds fantastic. The VGMix version posted seems pretty much the same, but a few parts sound a little better. I really enjoyed this ReMix. It is very similar in structure to the original, but that doesn't make it any less awesome.

96/100

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This remix was kind of funky, the original was along many other DK songs great to listen to, but bLiNd here took it one some step further to make it slightly better and to improve the listening experience. A very chill remix that has the charm of the original but the style of bLiNd. Very good!

Yeah, I´m totally agreeing with fake here, great song dude. :D

Wow, where can I start?... This mix gives the complete power of the original water levels directly from the game, but doubles it. It gave both soothing elements throughout the mix, but still kept a strong beat to keep a realistic feeling of dangerous waters that you would be swimming through. This was by far one of the best water effect mixes I've ever heard, and deserves to be heard by all.

Final Grade: 9 out of 10

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I can definitely hear contribution, as well as allusion to the original sound theme.

There seems to be something really beautiful appearing in the electric background toward the end... you know? The part that fades away...

It would have been nice to hear more of that. Great work lad.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you so much for making this! The original one from the DKC is one of my favorite video game songs. Your version makes it even better. A very well done remix! Thank you so very much for making it, and i hope you remix more songs from the DKC series.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While Aquatic Ambiance employs a subtle, minutely worrisome feel, Blue Vision is openly sweeping, bubbly, and pronounces the beat to the point where I just gotta bob my head. Every lead synth is endearingly elastic, and the constant ebb and flow of effects adds to the strong but gentle current in this mix. I also like the way the chewy supporting lead (3:07+) alters itself briefly before the very end (4:08+).

• 5 months later...

This mix adds too much energy to a source that, imo, needs to stay slow and mellow; it just feels to miss-matched and out of place.

While the combination feels a little awkward and panicky, it is pulled off successfully and retains some of its foggy laid back nature.

Also some of the synths feel odd and out of place, but in the end, this is still a very solid and highly recommended remix

• 1 month later...

Interesting. I really like how this seems to have a more upbeat groovin' feeling while maintaining the cool, crisp, relaxing flavor of the original tune. I can hear a high amount of source tune, but seeing as you still made it your own, (and the best out of the hundred other mixes of this mix, IMO), I like it. Bravo.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00778 - Donkey Kong Country "Blue Vision"