The Winding Road - Faxanadu Orchestral

Really really early, there is almost no humanization on this, and that will be added, as well as other stuff that belongs in an orchestra, like a glock. Oh yeah, an ending too.

Is it too repetitive? What sounds are weak?

Is it too liberal with the source (track 4 in the nsf)?

http://oceansend.com/5502/rockp3/ocr/The%20Winding%20Road.mp3

The phrasing sounds a bit awkward at times, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. The entire intro section seems like it should be played with a very rubato feel. I'm not sure if that's what you're going for with it. Some good harmonies through out. My only real complaint so far is the quality of the samples. Humanizing it should fix some of that. Most notably the awkward attack on a lot of the notes.

The phrasing sounds a bit awkward at times, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. The entire intro section seems like it should be played with a very rubato feel. I'm not sure if that's what you're going for with it. Some good harmonies through out. My only real complaint so far is the quality of the samples. Humanizing it should fix some of that. Most notably the awkward attack on a lot of the notes.

I've managed to get a lot more velocity stuff in, as well as some additional sections. The horns near the end need a bit more work, but it's bedtime for now.

I agree completely about the rubato intro, though unfortunately garageband doesn't allow me to alter tempos mid track. Hilariously enough, I bought Logic and it arrived in the mail yesterday, but it requires OS 10.4, and I only have 10.3; I've been holding out since 10.5 is available in October, so if the rest of the mix is done before then, i'll just cut the intro. :-(

Updated the mp3 on the first post.