Attention All Who Plan on Attending PAX '07!

JackKieser

no dude seriously that is bad, you should get that checked out

i would have never hurt that cat it was just collateral

...sarcasm. Really, just sarcasm. With a little ironic humor thrown in for good measure. I KNOW you weren't gonna hurt the cat; it's hard to injure a picture from google image search.

Jeez, laugh a little, man. It makes life better.

--Jack Kieser

...sarcasm. Really, just sarcasm. With a little ironic humor thrown in for good measure. I KNOW you weren't gonna hurt the cat; it's hard to injure a picture from google image search.

Jeez, laugh a little, man. It makes life better.

--Jack Kieser

Noone's laughing here, Jacko.

*pfft*... dumbass.

Noone's laughing here, Jacko.

*pfft*... dumbass.

Ok... and, how is that my problem? And why am I a dumbass? I'm not following your logi... Oh, that's right.

Never mind, I guess. Pointless to ask you about logic.

--Jack Kieser

(PS: Wow, now that I think about it, that sounds way more incendiary than I though... sorry about that, guys. lol)

...lol.

I actually chuckled at that a little when I saw it. Nice, Darke. I applaud.

The true meaning of hyperbole.

--Jack Kieser

(On a side note, I thought it was important to get out there that, no matter what I posted earlier or how it may be interpreted, I don't hate anyone on this thread. You all have a right to say whatever you want; whether you have done it RESPONSIBLY or not is up for debate, but by no means do I have anything personal against you guys, and granted some of the stuff, like Darke's and that ASCII a while back,is genuinely funny stuff . It's the internet; it's kind of pointless to hate people on the internet.

The reason I wanted to get that out there was for the dumbass comment and, like I said, I sounded a little more incendiary than I would have liked. I'm sure that when you all get up from the keyboard and go outside, you have at least functional moral compasses, so no reason for me to loathe anyone.)

In regards to the responsibility comment, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Good God, apologies for that one folks... *cringe*

Jack: since your humor and sarcasm meter is clearly not tuned for the likes of OCR, I'll spell it out for you:

-Noone here hates you either.

-I know you can't hurt a Google image, but thanks for the heads-up bud.

-I called you a dumbass not because I actually feel that way, but because 90% of the comments in this thread have whizzed right over your head.

-Dime store debate terms (non-sequitur? Ad hoc? Honestly, dude) don't really impress when just bandied around. That may work for other forums, but we have PPR.

-LARPing is LARPing.

-Oh and, if you're keeping tabs, there's only one winner here. Not you, not me, but DarkeSword. 8)

In regards to the responsibility comment, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Good God, apologies for that one folks... *cringe*

Jack: since your humor and sarcasm meter is clearly not tuned for the likes of OCR, I'll spell it out for you:

-Noone here hates you either.

-I know you can't hurt a Google image, but thanks for the heads-up bud.

-I called you a dumbass not because I actually feel that way, but because 90% of the comments in this thread have whizzed right over your head.

-Dime store debate terms (non-sequitur? Ad hoc? Honestly, dude) don't really impress when just bandied around. That may work for other forums, but we have PPR.

-LARPing is LARPing.

-Oh and, if you're keeping tabs, there's only one winner here. Not you, not me, but DarkeSword. 8)

-I warned you about the image cause you said I need mental help. Sounded at the time like you couldn't see humor or sarcasm yourself.

-I would say that calling someone a dumbass makes it pretty obvious of how much you respect that person. You wouldn't have said it if you didn't mean it, so don't try that.

-Yes, responsibility. When I took every measure I could, including personally changing the subject, to stop the stupidity, people still felt that they had to make matters worse. Irresponsibility. Just cause you have a right doesn't mean you have to exercise it; the biggest misconception of freedom.

-Dime store? They are tenants of good logic and reasoning, which, as you can tell, I'm sure, is important to me. You can't build a good argument without looking for these kinds of flaws. They don't impress you because you can't use them correctly.

-Yes, LARPing is LARPing. You people keep bringing this up as though I tried to disprove it. I tried to disprove that TDL was ONLY a LARP, because that is an oversimplification. My reasoning and logic stands and is still sound, as we have yet to have anyone disprove any of it; indeed, nothing I have said has been disproved with any rational form of logic or reason.

-I will take a quotation from Jon Stewart's 'America the Book':

It is "the eternal fate of the noble and enlightened; to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."

I believe it speaks for me.

--Jack Kieser

PS: And, yes; Darke is still awesome.

Hey, Jack.

You're slowing turning from "guy we had some fun with and it's all cool now, let's just forget about it and get back to other stuff" to "guy that seems to be taking this really personally, and is throwing jabs at everyone that still talks to him, because he's being petty and vindictive".

Why do I say this? Because you are on that whole "I'm a better person than you are because I can quote a book and use fancy words" thing. All it does is make you look like you're trying too hard to gain some sort of self-imagined higher ground thing, and it's not working. Every time you try to act like you're on some sort of holy mission from God about this whole matter, you're making yourself look worse. And given that as a species, internet forum members tend to seek out and attack the weakest of the herd and eat them alive in a sick, sadistic, cannibalistic feeding frenzy... that's probably not the best thing to do.

Most of us were just having a little fun at your expense. None of it was serious. Hell, you even had someone outright tell you this in a direct, no-terms-uncertain, precise way. He said it with no malice or trickery or anything. And you reacted in the worst way.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're a huge role-playing guy. So much, in fact, that over on the Penny Arcade forums, you talked in character in the Terrawhatever thread. That's fine, I don't have a problem with that. That's your thing. I'm also going to say that by not agreeing with you on a pointless matter about whether or not it's a LARP, shows that you're taking the whole thing as a personal attack for some reason. Which it's not, but you seem to think it is any way.

Grow up. This is the internet. Take nothing seriously. If someone wants to make fun of you or argue against your opinions, acting all high and mighty will just make them target you even more. No one likes a guy that acts like he's better then them, and with your attempts to make yourself some sort of intellectual victory, you're doing one hell of a job at it.

If you don't like what I just said, then maybe you don't belong here. We're not the worst place on the internet, but god damn it, we're going to say what we think. And right now, I'm thinking and saying that you might not belong here if you can't take a little ribbing. If you can deal with that, then fine, you're going to make it here. A round of celebratory drinks and cupcakes for everyone. If not, then maybe you should just leave and go find somewhere where the members won't say things that hurt your feelings.

Oh, wow. So, I looked up that PPR thing, because I had never heard of it and was curious... wow.

No wonder I'm getting so flamed here. All I saw was the first page, and really that's all I needed to see; why all the flung crap, guys? Because people want to use the Internet as a place to have a logical discussion? Because that's all I could pull from those posts.

Granted DJT, I didn't see you on there, so I'm not really directing this at you, per se... but I did see even Darke. Wow.

No wonder the world is so bad off... intellectualism is always under attack; one of the things that history hasn't taught the world.

--Jack Kieser

PS: It seems that while I wrote this, Damned posted what is right before this. I want to respond to you, because what you just said was said with respect, dignity, and obvious though. I respect and commend that.

I don't live my life on forums. I do come to OCR every now and then to read the Smash Bros. thread, but other than that, I'm not a forum kind of guy. Now, you are saying that people are taking lighthearted jabs and that they just wanted to have fun and move on... but even you can't deny that what was posted early on was dripping with sarcasm and the majority (including some of what I said, mind you) sounds, or rather more importantly READS, as if it is intended in an incendiary manner. I value a certain level of respect towards people I don't know, unless I am given a direct reason not to. Hence, the reaction to DJT's dumbass comment, and some of the earlier posts, for instance posts number 13 and 15.

Although it can certainly be misconstrued as such, I don't think I am better, per se, then anyone: every person has something that they can do better than me, and vice versa. But I am a realist; I tried, as I said earlier, to correct a misconception with logic and reasoning, and no one has even tried to do anything other than mock me in return. Writing and design is my profession by choice and by passion, which is why I like the premise of this game so much. Yes, I take it a little personally when I try to have a valid discussion and all other people do is mock me in return; I doubt you can say that is totally unjustified. Granted, this IS the internet... but I'm sure you understand the premise of my thoughts.

And, I have never role played in my life. The closest I've come to role playing is dressing up for Halloween, which I haven't done in years. I have never talked "in character" to anyone in person, unless you consider my personality my "character", and I've only talked in character on the internet once, if my admittedly bad memory serves correctly.

I'm alright with having people poke fun. A laughed at the kitten thing. I laughed at Darke's picture. But, when I laughed at the cat, I was told I needed mental help (post 58 ). And the word "seriously" is used in that context. I'm sorry, but I''m sure any sane person would take that literally.

A little ribbing is fine; after all, I said a while back that I would like to put all this behind me. I apologized for and rude remarks I made in post 63. All I've gotten since is more flak. And more sarcasm.

You have to at least understand that, if nothing else.

No wonder the world is so bad off... intellectualism is always under attack; one of the things that history hasn't taught the world.

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I was talking about. You just have to get even the smallest little remark about how you're the smart one and we're the dumb ones in.

Hey, how about this. If you can make even one post here without using any quotes, in part or in whole, or any latin, or philosophical ideas on the subject of intelligence being trampled upon, or even a little curt retort like the quote above, then I'll be impressed. Hell, I may even be moved impressed enough to say I'm sorry.

Oooookay... go.

Yeah, so I figured you guys were gonna post while I was editing, but I figured screw it, why stop and copy/paste... I'm too lazy for that. :) So, yeah, I edited that post with a response to Damned.

If you could, check it out for me. I'll re-post it if you want or whatever.

Oh, and Damned, that quote was totally about the... PPR, sorry had to look it up again... Yeah, I said that because someone on there said they wanted the thread removed. Or something like that. I thought that was a little uncalled for, personally.

--Jack Kieser

Okay, look, I was all fixing to exit this conversation, because it's not as funny when it seems the person you're jabbing doesn't understand the context of the insult. However, I'm not going to sit here when my integrity is called into question, even on LOLS INTERNETS.

I value a certain level of respect towards people I don't know, unless I am given a direct reason not to. Hence, the reaction to DJT's dumbass comment, and some of the earlier posts, for instance posts number 13 and 15.

Face it, you overreacted. What I said was definitely incendiary, but that doesn't mean it was serious. It was a continued playful jab at you. And even if you want to go on thinking it was serious, that's fine too. Because my statement was directed at the fact that you weren't getting jokes that umm...

*checks*

yeah, everyone else in the thread understood. Tough, but that's how it is.

Writing and design is my profession by choice and by passion, which is why I like the premise of this game so much. Yes, I take it a little personally when I try to have a valid discussion and all other people do is mock me in return;

I admire your passion for writing. However, an Internet forum isn't always the place for it, as you can make yourself look like a pretentious jerk pretty quickly. Just something to chew on.

I'm alright with having people poke fun. A laughed at the kitten thing. I laughed at Darke's picture. But, when I laughed at the cat, I was told I needed mental help (post 58 ). And the word "seriously" is used in that context. I'm sorry, but I''m sure any sane person would take that literally.

No, very few sane people would've taken that comment seriously. Notice how my post there is in all lowercase and looks hastily typed, in contrast to every other post of mine which strive for proper grammar and capitalization. That should throw up a flag right there, but if it doesn't, guess what: I was joking. And everyone knew it.

A little ribbing is fine; after all, I said a while back that I would like to put all this behind me. I apologized for and rude remarks I made in post 63. All I've gotten since is more flak. And more sarcasm.

You've gotten more flak because you've shown that you're clueless when it comes to what we were poking fun at you about. That's the way of the world, friend. Don't act all indignant when it hits you in the ass.

For the record, I tend to be a really nice guy on OCR. Now, I've been lurking for about a year, so there's no way for you to have known that, but a few in here might be able to back that up. The point is, the comments I'm making are coming from a position of 1) laughs or 2) honesty, and not because I'm a douche or something. In that light, I am genuinely sorry if you took me for a mean dude; obviously that was never my intent and I was joking like everyone else. And also for the record, most of the other posters in here are generally nice too. We've been acting the way we have because you were funny/clueless (in the beginning) and annoying/out of hand (at the end). That's the truth to it, no spin.

I'm done here now, thread ceased to be funny once you took everyone too seriously. It was fun, gents.

jklol.png

End of story.

Now Jack, be a good boy and leave. I don't mean that to be condescending, but I'm being serious. If you can get a guy like DJT to start questioning himself on how mean he was even though he had every reason to say what he did. I know you've lost a bunch of standing already in this conversation, but take your losses and go. No point in further ruining a horrible reputation.

With this, I take my leave as well.