Help I got rejected:(

This is pretty interesting actually. I say i would have to agree with everyone else and say that you need better samples and it needs to be a lil less repetitive. I would say its pretty darn well mastered for the samples you're using, but you maybe need to add a bit more of a lower end. Otherwise, i would say the MIDI sounding instruments and repetitive arrangement are your worst enemies. Maybe throw in a solo or something spice it up.

So I updated the mix again it can be found at

http://www.heartsteps.com/remix/a/midiTastic.mp3

let me know what you think of it.

On the midi note I was looking at synthesizers and something that's a little within my

price range was the fruity loops orchestral content, I was curious if that would be a beneficial purchase, ( well alot would be better than the instruments I'm using), but maybe someone with experience with that content can tell me if it's worth my money.

Wait wait wait, before you buy stuff, do you have a "soundfont" player? If you do, try looking around the net for sites like http://www.hammersound.net/ or something of the like. The file extensions are usually .sf2 but some may be .sfARK

After downloading them (assuming you have a soundfont player) shove them in any folder, prefferably near the rest of your music generators and whatnot, then open it via the soundfont player plug in, et voila free sounds. However, if its .sfARK look up google for a program called Alive (or its equivalent)so that you can decompress the sfARK file and use it in your soundfont thingy.

Hope that helped ;)

Ok so now I would say that I'm done arranging, unless you guys think it's too repetitve or whatnot I didn't put any soundFonts on it yet cause I didn't want to have to reset all the controls that I have for vol,vel,etc.. until I was sure this was the final, so do note those MIDIsh instruments are still there.

Here's the Link:

http://www.heartsteps.com/remix/a/midiTastic2.mp3

You won't have to reset your levels and all that if you're in FL, which I'm assuming you are. Just drag the soundfont over the old instrument you have, and it'll work (Assuming you have the soundfont plugin, that is). This is sounding a ton better than the first post, but you've still got a bit to go. Add more instruments doing some original stuff, play around and see what you come up with. You should drop the main melody out at some point and put a section that's original, as the same thing over and over will put someone to tears. To quote Sakurai, it’s enough to make a guy cry by the end. This could easily be almost half the length it is now, bring in the newish stuff you have near the end much earlier and cut off some of the song. Good luck with this, with some more work and better samples it could sound really good!

Thanks the for tip, I'll get to work on that right away...tomorrow.

Gotta go to sleep now, and btw

I'm only partially using fl, my program can rewire to other synthesizer programs, but for some reason it only sends basic information like tempo, and oh we started playing now,

so what I have to do is save the track that I'm using and import it to fl, but if I make changes to the track I have to do it over again, so I want to get the arrangement good before I dink around with soundFonts