My music - Need some Advice

Hi,

I´m trying to improve on my music production skills, and I guess I hit a halt sign. I simply can´t find how much groovie this can be, so I´d like some opinions in what I could do.

I´d also like some opinions about the song itself, and wanted to know if u have heard anything like it (Melodies I mean). Its a WIP, and just consider up 'til 2:40 min. The rest is on the making, and this part still has a lot to work on.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/84rhvo

Thanks =]

I´d also like some opinions about the song itself, and wanted to know if u have heard anything like it (Melodies I mean). Its a WIP, and just consider up 'til 2:40 min. Thanks =]

Well, the song clip is only 27 seconds, so I don't know what you mean.

As for what you have here, it's a great intro to a song. I suggest some even harder hitting bass as the song moves along with a deep chorus in the background during a couple of the stretches. As a change-up, you can temporarily remove that techno/semi-scratchy synth that's accompanying everything. After a brief hiatus, bring it back.

Just a few thoughts.

Regardless of where you take this, I'd like to hear more.

Well, I think my earlier suggestions still apply although this is very catchy "as is".

1:49'= This seems to be a likely point of transition or departure for the song. A new effect(chorus, new synth, or some such) thrown into the mix for about 30 seconds or so would work great before getting back to that chime around 2:17'. Don't be afraid to throw a few "risky" sounds in there. People around here will tell you if they fit or not. You might just surprise yourself.