Half-Life: 2 - Sorrowful Piano

MtM0201

I've been working on this song for about 3 weeks, figuring out the timing and notes, and I think I did a good job with that. (even though I lowered the overall pitch of the song a bit so the notes are moved down a bit (doesn't affect the song in a negative way).

It's a remix of "Tirade At Dawn", the original plays right before the Highway 17 Chapter, with one of the rebels injured in a warehouse. Since that song is kinda sad, I didn't think I'd fit that well as a sad song, so I thought I'd try and remake it into a more emotional/sad song. You should remember the original piece, well..once the intro starts, lol.

http://mattm.dmusic.com/

^It's at the top of the list (called "sorrowful piano 2" because the s.p. was a WIP, and I just need to get around to removing the 2). Hit the yellow button in the middle to download.

Oh, and there's no drums, just don't think they'd fit in that well with this song.

Enjoy! ;-)

and please comment

It'd help if more would bother to listen to your remix :(. Though it should be longer than 45 seconds. Unless there was a mishap and I somehow downloaded the wrong version =/. It says Sorrowful Piano on the file name. If you can make it to roughly around 1:30 seconds they MIGHT just let it pass, because there's a song for FF6 that's about that long. If you want, you can try bugging one of the judges by PMing (private message) them :P. Like JJT or Big Giant Circles.

yeah, I'm gonna wait till more people reply with their thoughts.

Well, I wanted to keep it the same time as the original, because this is also going towards the half-life 2 mod I'm the musician for, so I just want to see if it'd be able to be accepted or not.

Well, this has a really nice vibe and feel to it - but I doubt it's going to make it on the site. It's very very short for OCR and doesn't seem like it's developed very far. Basically, you've got piano synth with strings/pads layered on the chords. I'm not familiar with the original, but you have to keep in mind that this site promotes reinterpretation and development of songs rather than just covering the original with different instruments. Currently, this more seems like an intro or first section of a longer piece.

yup

http://mods.moddb.com/4061/half-life-warzone/

and I use Fruity Loops Studio 7 XXL (downloadable so I can get FL8, 9, etc..)

but a lot of my own samples, such as the electric piano in this song

Awesome :D I'm working with FL studio too, though I don't know how to make my own samples or make my own sines/saws etc. I have to use what I can buy and/or find :(

could you reccomend me any add ons / CD's I should get for FL studio :D?

Just download all the free stuff off sample fusion that you want., except I went a little further and edited them in FL, exported a note as a .wav, and made even better samples. ;-)

@ Nutritious..

Of course I've been making it a little longer 8-)