OC ReMix @ Otakon: Site Staff Presents Panel on Video Game Music ReMixing

djpretzel

Well, I'm glad at least you were able to get a different car so we could make it up to the convention today. It was good to to see some of you guys again today, it's been a while. Anyone planning of being there at all tomorrow? I may head up for a bit, mainly just to spend some money in the dealers room, but if any of you are going to be up there tomorrow as well, i wouldn't mind hanging out for a bit since I didn't really get to spend a lot of time wiht you guys.

Who the hell steals wheels, and how does anyone not notice?

Anyway, I won't be making it at all to anything, I'm too tied up in family matters right now.

It was between 3 am and 7 am Sat morning....probably dark. I was sleeping 30 ft away. Dag.

My wheels were sorta special stock rims that came with this limited edition '06 tC I have, so MAYBE they are rare? I dunno...its hard to imagine STOCK rims being worth anything (other than to the dealer jacking the prices). Plus I scraped some curbs like a newb and my rims that were stolen had a couple gouges in em. Suckit, wheel-steelers! Geico looses in this instance.

Well it was fun, the parts that didn't suck anyway. :P

I probably should have gone with the rest of them to see the amazing person Larry was so bent on meeting; I felt the lure of the gaming room however and I must say I was disappointed this year as I was last year. The gaming room is not the place to introduce yourself to Gears of War, so I didn't even get in line to play it.

But next year...will be better than this year I hope.

And I'll have photos of me to post tomorrow (even though I'm staying home in order to do that).

One more thing: *thanks starla for the hug and for not breaking his camera while she was dressed up.*

me too.

O U THOUGHT MAYBE WE SOLD OUT, DID J00!?!?

Original stuffs. zircon provided Antigravity and SGX provided Better Than Sliced Beats and Chroma. And it's good to know that the people that picked them will more than likely enjoy them, rather than be disappointed. But don't take my word for it. [/Reading Rainbow]

EDIT: BAH. I can't believe I got jacked by this cracka chica. :-P

Well, I have to say I very much enjoyed my time at Otakon. There's so much to say and do and speak of. For now, however, I will refrain, as I need sleep, and must also prepare to leave tomorrow (sunday) for home.

I took some rather decent pictures, and I shall enjoy posting them when I am once again home.

I'd also like to take a moment and thank the OCR panel, djp, zircon, pixietricks and liontamer for being awesome. As well as everyone who was able to show up at the panel as well as the two meetups.

Hopefully, I'll get to see many of you before I leave for home sunday, at the Eminence concert.

zircon, DJP, Larry, and SGX fiddling around in Dave's home studio

01.jpg

Me (cosplaying as OCR-tan) pretending to smash the SNES-modded guitar

02.jpg

Group shot! Cowhatninja, Dale North, Larry, aureus, Ferret, phoenix, DJP, MIDIman, Green Tentacle, zircon, me, Kroze, and Upthorn

03.jpg

Site "staff" handing the money from the "shirt sales"

04.jpg

Having lunch outside of Chipotle/The Blu Bamboo

05.jpg

That water was coming from the Da Vinci flying machine style dolphin sculpture fountains... a point of great discussion. That's DJ Carbunk1e on the bottom left!

06.jpg

Yums

07.jpg

zircon, myself, Larry, DJP, Dale North, and MIDIman

08.jpg

Nice work, Otakon '07! Ferret, Upthorn, Dyne, phoenix, Jiggles McPuff, Dale North, DJP, Larry, zircon, Arrowned, José the Bronx Rican, me, and MIDIman

09.jpg

Notice a relation? aureus (my brother) cosplaying as Otacon

10.jpg

With zircon

11.jpg

Ferret hiding in the Hellsing display

12.jpg

zircon and Larry playing Wii bowling at Dave's

13.jpg

Day 2: lunch at Houlihan's! Check out those Long Island iced teas

14.jpg

injury, PosiBolt, Kroze, DJP, Arrowned, Upthorn, Ferret, José, amvteknoboy, Larry, zircon, me, and aureus

15.jpg

injury and PosiBolt with the s'mores poo

16.jpg

DJP signing the OCR-tan guitar

17.jpg

zircon does the honors

18.jpg

And José

19.jpg

Aaaaand Larry

20.jpg

The guitar, with buttons courtesy of BGC's wife, Amanda! (We got more signatures later on, but hey...)

21.jpg

Guruupu! Arrowned, amvteknoboy, zircon, Larrizle, DJP, José, Upthorn, aureus, me, Ferret, injury, PosiBolt, Dyne, and Kroze

22.jpg

Hello, Purple Tentacle!

23.jpg

Meeting Hitoshi Sakimoto

24.jpg

Sakimoto signing the geetar

25.jpg

And Yura

26.jpg

Woo! Larry, José, zircon, MIDIman, and myself with the bros

27.jpg

tgfoo and SGX came for a while (after the whole car thing was sorted out)

28.jpg

Yes, dear friends... Racism still pervades the streets of Baltimore :<

29.jpg

Pretty harbor view

30.jpg

We lined the dock as we waited an hour and a half to be seated at California Pizza Kitchen

31.jpg

New faces here are three guys we hooked up with about selling merchandise at future cons

32.jpg

The ice cream truck played the main theme from TETRIS

33.jpg

Day 3: aureus and Domo-kun having a delicious IHOP breakfast

34.jpg

Larry and Paige - Feel Da Love

35.jpg

Hey Ninja-san, I was just curious what stand you were at. I visited artists alley twice during the trip. (Actually, three times if you count today's trip for Dan Kim so I could get fivre some pwnage.) Anyway, I'd also like to point out that the geetar is probably worth WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than was spent to procure it. Which is awesome.

Something else I'd like to talk about, (and Kroze Arrowned, please forgive me for not being able to find you at the Eminence concert), the Eminence Concert. In a word: PWNAGE.

I have never ever seen anything like it. I feel so priviledged to have been able to see this concert. Piano Squall made an appearance as co-emcee, as well as Hitoshi Sakimoto. I was lucky enough to actually pick up one of Eminence's CDs, I bought Passion, two days earlier along with Piano Squall's CD. I had the chance to listen on the way home from Otakon, and I have to say, I'm very impressed with both.

Anyway...I've got so much to do, and so little time (ugh, work at 7am tomorrow), so I'll do my best to get photos posted. Also, I was unable to take any photos of the Eminence concert as it was, I was shaking the whole time, and couldn't get steady (though had you seen me during Time's Scars, you would've totally understood).

Hey Ninja-san, I was just curious what stand you were at. I visited artists alley twice during the trip. (Actually, three times if you count today's trip for Dan Kim so I could get fivre some pwnage.)

I didnt go back and sell stuff today but I was at P2 in the section with those Petting Zoo ballons friday and saturday. Also my friend was selling mulitple game perller beads mostly megaman which attracted alot. I didnt do as good as he did but we had fun none the less.

We have Time Scars on video just to taunt the ones who didn't come to the concert *CoughCoughLarryAndyJillDaveCough*

Yeah, the whole thing was pretty damn epic and the encore songs were PERFECT!

The whole weekend was really awesome, Jose and I had a fun time chillin together, helping Dave plan out next years (And following panels) with ideas (Like I am gonna tell YOU GUYS? HA! As if! :P)..

And the Tetris Ice Cream truck just sealed the deal!

I didnt go back and sell stuff today but I was at P2 in the section with those Petting Zoo ballons friday and saturday. Also my friend was selling mulitple game perller beads mostly megaman which attracted alot. I didnt do as good as he did but we had fun none the less.

Well, as long as you had fun. I wanted to come see your stand at Otakon, but I wasn't sure where you were, and honestly, walking around asking people "Hey, are you Ninja-san?" all night didn't seem like a very good idea.

Anyways...glad you had fun!

Well, as long as you had fun. I wanted to come see your stand at Otakon, but I wasn't sure where you were, and honestly, walking around asking people "Hey, are you Ninja-san?" all night didn't seem like a very good idea.

Anyways...glad you had fun!

Thanks. Hope you did too :]

God damn I wish I could have come.

Who made the OCR-tan guitar, and how did they make it?

EDIT: also, Jill as OCR-tan = teh hawt

Me too, me too...

I forget where the guitar is from, I think it was from ebay. I forgot what the original color was, but the day after the Philly meetup, Andy, Jill, and I spray painted a bunch of stuff for the OCR-tan costume.

Definately had fun. It was great to see the OCR Panel, and enjoy Otakon as well as enjoy the two OCR Meetups. I'm rather hopeful that in the future there'll be another local meetup (or maybe I'll take a shot sometime and hit an NYC meetup).

Anyway, that's it for now.

Me too, me too...

I forget where the guitar is from, I think it was from ebay. I forgot what the original color was, but the day after the Philly meetup, Andy, Jill, and I spray painted a bunch of stuff for the OCR-tan costume.

Yes, Jill cosplaying OCR-tan was leet. Most definately leet.