The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello! The name's Ashleigh but I prefer to be called Ranger-270.

I found this website just a few minutes ago, and I must say it's a good looking site! I heard about OCReMix in a gaming magazine I used to read, but I never got around to visiting. I'm female, 15 and I live in Australia. I'm a BIG video game music fanatic, and all the music on my MP3 player is video game music. I also own a PS2 and DSLite. I'm a Metroid fan-girl, and now own Metroid Prime Hunters.

Hope to see you all 'round mates!

This forum is strange as fuck.

You newbies may have less trouble adjusting to these new forums than the ones who've been here for a while.

Good luck.

(WHERE THE HELL IS THE QUOTE BUTTON? Oh, found it.)

I don't know, the vBulletin is hella faster than phpBB2 on my home, slow-as-fuck connection. But I also have images disabled, so I wonder if that means anything.

I've lurked for over three years now, no idea why I've never made an account.

I'm continually amazed by the amount of talent present here. Although I've never attempted a mix myself, I do realize the sheer amount of work that goes into each one. Keep up the good work guys! :)

This forum is strange as fuck.

You newbies may have less trouble adjusting to these new forums than the ones who've been here for a while.

Good luck.

(WHERE THE HELL IS THE QUOTE BUTTON? Oh, found it.)

I don't know, the vBulletin is hella faster than phpBB2 on my home, slow-as-fuck connection. But I also have images disabled, so I wonder if that means anything.

I am seeing no speed increases, myself.

Welcome all. Enjoy your stay and for the love of all that may or may not be holy never ever accept home made baked goods from the denizens of UnMod except on the second Tuesday of each month.

I'm just kidding of course, don't accept them then either. ;)

Hi everybody. I'm a proud 15 year old Texas resident/OCR enthuisast. I've been coming to the site for quite some time, and am a big fan of many works, but it took me this long to become a member. I know a few people from IRC, and would love to meet more. Feel free to get ahold of me on aim or whatever.

Well, I probably win the award for "longest lurker ever"... I've been here since AE was around. (and I still wish he'd submit more mixes - his Mega Man stuff is amazing)

I have no idea why I haven't made an account until now, just lazy I guess... *sheepish grin* I'm into mixing now myself, use FL 6.4 (yeah! beta!) and a bunch of VSTs.

What else... well, I play trombone. I'm a Texan. I like Monty Python. I believe that FFVII wasn't the greatest game ever made. (oh noez!!11!) I don't find Dane Cook funny. I prefer Pepsi. My favorite TV show is Metalocalypse... Basically, I'm an odd one. And I do firmly believe in the pudding snacks.

Hey Guys, my name is vincent im from perth western australia and im 17 years old :) just found this site this arvo, well got a link from a good mate of mine and absolutely love it! downloading songs and yeh enjoying it, would like to get to know people alot better who enjoy this stuff and is there downloadable mixers to make your own beats :o? if so would i please be able to get some links, feel free to email me on Haro_rider19@hotmail.com. haha take care guys speak soon . Peace

Hi, I'm introcing myself, I'm Switchstance from the south of Argentina. Gamer, programmer and musician. I hope contribute with the boards. Sorry my bad english.

PD: Why the signatures are so big? No rules for sigs?

Some have comps running with downright obscene monitor resolutions and when viewing on a comp with a lower resolution pics appear huge. Basic sig rule is don't try to be an ass (ie. purposely stretching a page). Just try to accommodate all parties involved but understand that sometimes that isn't possible.

As for your English, you're doing very well. As long as we can get your point, and I must say a very fine job you did, all is swell. Welcome to the boards.icon7.gif

Ja, I'm new here. I actually registered about a month ago, but didn't bother to post until now.

I'm currently working with FL Studio 6, but I won't be doing any remixes until I figure out everything there is to know about FL Studio and how make music not suck, which will probably be a while.

(Also, my name was originally going to be "Big Jack", but I accidentally put in the wrong email address there, and had to create a new account, so now I'm stuck with this stupid zero in my name)