The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hi OC Remix community, my name's Drew. I'm 18 years old and I'm a hardcore gamer. I mostly play shooters, fighting games, rpg's and action games. I'm also not really new to the site, rather new to the forums. I've known about the site for about a year or so, just never registered. The music on this site kicks ass, just thought I should say that.

New guy here. I'm a sound designer working in the game industry. Previous projects have included Bionicle Heroes, Tony Hawk's Project 8 and Neverwinter Nights: Wyvern Crown of Cormyr. Currently working on a 360 project that I can't really talk about.

Anyway, I've been known to play keys in bands on occasion, and I sometimes rip up game tracks when I have a free weekend.

Glad to be here.

Yeah, I've loved the awesome compositions and great artists this site boasts for a while, as well as the discussions it hosted. I noticed how there are a lot of serious gamers like myself here, and there were a few benefits I could have from posting here. Well, ironically, my main question was answered before I posted it.

On Mike Tyson's Punch Out for the NES, I had no idea how to do the special punch. I noticed in the demo that there was some special move, that was really good and would help me. I tried for soooo long, all these complex button combinations.

And then of course, I find it that all you have to press is Start.

I felt like a total fool, but I figured I would post the incident anyway; it's pretty funny.:)

Dear all of you . ^ㅂ^

How are you ?

I am happy to write to you .

Let me introduce myself .

I am a student living in Korea .

So I am not good at English .

I became to know of this site while looking for music of chrono trigger .

And my favorite music is '600 a.d in piano' which is made by kLuTz.

By the way , there are many data in your site , besides I like all of them .

I wish to thank the producers .

Thanking you in anticipation.

Sincerely skyblue_

Dear Newbies,

We love you. We really do. Pay attention not to the trolls, and forgive them their inability to comingle with society on a meaningful level. Welcome all, and remember you get what you put in. And we love you. Seriously.

Anyway, welcome all new people to OCR, have fun and enjoy!

Yo, it's a pleasure to finally be able to talk to some of the awesome people who make all this fantastic music, and all the great folks here on the forum. I've been a lurker for a few months now, and a listener for God-knows-how-long. I decided to join the elite ranks of the OCR forum when I realized that 99% of every other video-game / music / well-anything-really related forum was pure crap.

Well, that's about it. I can't make music worth a damn, but I enjoy character design and art in general... I'd love a chance/ excuse to show off any of my stuff around here, sometime!

I hope I won't be too obnoxious as a newb! Thanks, see you all later.

Hey everyone! Just signed up on the forums. I've been an OCremix fan for a long time... and been wanting to compose/remix for even longer.

About Me:

My real name is Trevor. I'm 22. Going to school for Vocal Performance major on scholarship. Apparently I can sing, so they give me money. lol I'm thinking of going into Game Design though... its been a dream of mine... problem is, i have MANY dreams. So i'll probably end up being 80 and doing everything on the planet, and never settling. lol

I'm into competitive powerlifting, but i'm not a fatty like most of them. lol I lift like a powerlifter and look like a bodybuilder. I'm also really geeky. I listen to FF Piano Collections when I lift. For some reason, it doesn't relax me, it motivates me. Crazy huh?

I just bought a Keystation 88es. I looked up some reviews by others on this site, and I went and tried it out. I can already play so i'm not worried about learning.

I hope to get to know you all, and learn a lot on composing and remixing.

~Peace

I'm Jere, but when I write I go by Altus Audacia because it's latin and has that consequent "foreboding destiny" about it. I essentially quit everything to be a musician and resolved to launch myself to fame and fortune by introducing my music through several mediums such as this (I'll garner support, then start a Jere-should-be-famous petition...), so I'm currently working on a few remixes. Been a fan of this site for many years, it'll be nice to eventually contribute.

Hello, my name is Dave and I play alto sax a little... I'm not very familiar with remixing tools; however, I've come to this site ever since I was freshman in my high school (now I'm a senior).. The thing about my ID is.. well... If you are familiar with flash animations in Korea (South, of course), you would know... Hopefully, I will be able to post one remix before I die ^^;;;

Hello, my name is Dave and I play alto sax a little... I'm not very familiar with remixing tools; however, I've come to this site ever since I was freshman in my high school (now I'm a senior).. The thing about my ID is.. well... If you are familiar with flash animations in Korea (South, of course), you would know... Hopefully, I will be able to post one remix before I die ^^;;;

Me too, cool cool...

and Welcome!

Hello everyone, I am a long time viewer of this site (lets see, about 6 years now, on and off) and I have never had the time, or inspiration to start with my own remixes. Well I now have time, and I have found the inspiration, so here is hoping that ill be more of an active member in the community in the near future.

Hey there everyone, just thought I'd make an introduction post. I'm a long time lurker (probably about 4-5 years now), and never really got involved in posting on the forums out of fear. I sure read a lot of it, though :-P . My name's Jack, and I am currently a 3rd year in college. ...well I'm drawing a blank on what more to say, so I hope to post more in the future and get to know everyone more! :grin:

I've been a long-time OCR fan...but I've become a recent lurker. I'll see one or two threads that seem intriguing from the home page...check them out...and then wish I could post in them, but I never bothered registering(Cause I'm not usually active in forums, and being one of the Earth's populous that still has a dial-up internet connection at home doesn't help either...). Well...I'm a lurker no more! :-D

But I still have dial-up! :cry:

'Morning all. I've been listening to OCRemix for about 4 years now. I was stoked when we finally got the radio feeds. Online gaming gets much, much more satisfying when the right songs are playing. I'm an IT Tech from Texas, Microsoft Certified Professional, and college student. Which is good, because it's easier to pay the bills when you've got a great job. Hope I get to know a lot of you well, and further hope I can get some music out there. Currently, I'm working on mixes using Linux distributions and open source applications. Not that I wanted to make anything hard on myself, just wanted the challenge. Other than that, I play guitar when I can, and I record live with some friends as well. A few of those sessions eventually get remastered, but who knows?, maybe they'll end up here one day.

Look forward to hanging out with you all!

Hey I am new, well just new to the forums.

I am Amesuki, I am fifteen, and I love Retro Games. I live in England, and I also own many keyboard, but my new laptop doesnt support them >.<!

I am a boy!

Well my favourite music artists are:

The Prodigy

MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence)

And Sex Pistols.

I love Retro Gaming and I own over £4000 worth of games and consoles. I currently have around 30 Consoles! And 1000 Games, so I tend not to get bored! Weird enough I do have a girlfriend. I was in a band called Systemize, but that went down the pan.

Anyway I hope to get good tips on Remixes and also meet some cool new friends

-Newbie for now, Amesuki-