The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hi all, My name's Arthur! The latest n00b around :razz:

I'm about 25 years of age, and live in the Netherlands. I also host some radio shows in my free time, but mostly I like to make new versions and/or remixes of old game tunes, and found this with google when I decided that maybe I should share my work somewhere...

So I'll start with my first question: Where do I drop my creations?

By the way... I'm about to get married next thursday :-D

EDIT:

Ah... Never mind... I found the FAQ already :wink:

Welcome to the boards. Post some links to your radio show, we'd like to hear. Also post your work here for feedback . Best to you and your bride. Take care.

~Maha

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, My name is Jason.

I am 20 years old, and Live in texas. I sell/fix computers for a living. Ive been coming to this site for about 6 years and love the Remixes (Project Chaos is awesome!). I am a huge RPG/FPS/RTS fan! Im really into game creation aswell.

I hope to meet alot of cool ppl here and to try out some remixing

umm ever sence about 1999 ive been listenign to OCREMIX stuff.. i think ive seen this place change faces liek 4-5 times... ever sence then ive been trying ot get the hang of arranged beats. I play bass and some acustic guitar IRL, but when ever i get time i love trying to make a song.. and i use the word try.. casue well its not really offical till soem one publishes it huh.. no matter its all good in the hood.

inspirtation - pretzel, mcvaffe, mazedude, amievil, 4eyes, iron maden, megadeath, and your mom.

kthxbai

DeFlanko

and for the record... :nicework: this is the first black emote icon ive ever seen.. epic..

Hm, looks like I forgot to make any sort of introduction.

Anyway, I'm Kizyr. I've been listening to stuff off of OCR for somewhere around 3 or 4 years now, and I'm always checking back to see when anything new is released. I only just joined the forums once I heard about Pixietricks' work on Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword (since I'm also a huge Civ fan).

Couple of my favorite artists here are pixietricks, Reuben Kee, and GrayLightning, among several others. Not to mention that the Chrono Symphonic and Project Chaos albums were incredible as well...

Anyway, I hope to stick around. KF

Hey, My name is Dharmesh Mistry, and i love videogames, my favourite songs from games are Simon's Theme from Castlevania series, Megaman X1 Intro Stage Music, Chrono Trigger's (escaping from Prision) music and a whole bunch more, im gonna start by reviewing some of these posts and start my remixing!

Hi my name is Zoraida, I'm 24 years old and I live in Connecticut. I'm married to Jam Stunna and we created a future monster of video games named Gabriel he is 11 days old :). I love, love video games especially Smash Brothers and The Legend of Zelda. I love video game music especially that from old Mario games and The Legend of Zelda. I'm also into vintage games and stuff. I die for coffee and I go to college for Art. Life is awesome. :lol:

Greetings and salutations: I am Kusabi. Somehow, I met Drack at college, and discovered that there are more people who like the art of video game music. I play a large variety of games, although my summer is being sucked up by work. I mostly play on my small collection of Nintendo systems, although I have a PS3, and a few other systems. I'm a CS major, so I also enjoy some computer games. :smile:

Welcome to the boards. Post some links to your radio show, we'd like to hear. Also post your work here for feedback . Best to you and your bride. Take care.

~Maha

Link to the Station I do my stuff on: http://www.musixmania.com

Site is in Dutch, sorry... Most of the shows are too, but add me to your MSN Messenger thingy (arthur@studio88.nl) and say Hi! I'll be sure to greet you in proper english if you let me know you're from OCR! :wink:

Also, We play on Request too! My shifts are Mondays from 11:00 (GMT + 0100) to 14:00 and Fridays from 11:00 (Again GMT + 0100)

'till 15:00. Monday nights I Host together with my Wife from 23:00 (GMT + 0100) 'till next morning 09:00 (Of course, we do sleep somewhere in between :wink:)

I've recently submitted a remix to the application address, and I'm waiting for the judges to decide, so no info about it yet... Maybe I'll throw in a few remakes (not remixes) while I'm here...

Well, catch you guys later :grin:

Hello, I am new.

Basically I found this site when looking for a Chrono Trigger - Battle With Magus Remix...The first I heard was Black Wind Rising, By Star Slazman. And wow, was I impressed.

I decided to join and see what was up on the forums and such. Well, to tell a bit about myself, I'm basically a 3D Modeler & Animator, along with a few experience in Graphic design. I got two good friends who work with me in a group called "M-Productions" where we simply make video's usually making fun of certain aspects of human society. I am the animator, the other is the composer, and the last one is the story writer and concept artist. I'm hopeing to get them to eventually join here as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, hello, good people of OCR. I am CobaltDelta (Call me Cobalt, if you will.), and I seem to be the epitome of average-joe users. I have no remixing talent whatsoever, but that might change in the future, if I can ever get off my lazy rear-end and study some advanced composition techniques. I assume I'd be good at remixing - nine times out of ten, I can play a melody by ear, provided it isn't too obscure (For example, I could play the opening theme from Mega Man 3, but playing Hideki Naganuma's "Bomber Barbara" from Sonic Rush might be a little more difficult for me.)

I have moderate skill with computers, but desperately need to brush up on my software knowledge (Seeing as how I have next to none.) and some of the more technical hardware skills.

I also play video games to an absurdly unhealthy extent, which might just be why I'm here. Recent favorites of mine include:

Sonic Rush, Jet Set Radio Future, Ace Combat 5, Ace Combat Zero, Mega Man (All of 'em. I'm a Mega Man fanatic.), Star Fox (Most of the games I enjoyed, with the exception of Assault and Command, which I could complain about for hours.)

I'm a bit of an audiophile, and the majority of the music you'll find on my 60GB Zen Vision M would be OC Remix along with a few various other video game soundtracks. I just don't care for much mainstream music. (Hah, that's hilarious. "Music." *Chuckle*)

Also, I'm a bit of a Grammar Nazi. Not to the point where I'll chew people out for poor grammar, but I'll usually tend to spell things correctly, and will at least try to keep proper grammar maintained throughout my posts.

I look forward to my stay here at OCR. Nice meeting you all.

Hiya. You should probably already see my name before you start reading this post, but for manner's sakes, I'm GigaShadow. Been checking out this site for about a year or two now, always admiring the remixers and their talent. For the past couple months or so, I've got this urge to at least try to do some remixing of my own, and well, what better way to be introduced to the whole remixing community then by joining the OCR forums?

Uh, more about myself, as I'm sure alot of people on here are, I'm a huge video game and music fan. Tastes for both can be quite erratic or odd. Pretty hard to get a good feeling on if I'll enjoy something or not at first glance. Besides those two, I've become quite a comic book nerd over the summer. Wednesday has become my new favorite day of the week, for whatever new comics come out that day.

In case you can't tell yet, I'm for the most part, sarcastic and laid-back(which I use as a nice way to say lazy...). You'd have to work pretty hard to get on my nerves alot.

As for music itself, I know more then average about musical theory and such, and while I do play the clarinet, I'm not that good(hey, at least I'm honest). I'm more interested in making music then playing music(which totally makes sense. Totally.), so whatever tools remixers use to make their remixes should interest me quite alot.

why hello everyone. Benderu here. just wanted to introduce myself to this amazing community. I heard about this from VGDJ awhile back. i would really like to get more into remixing because i just love making music. anyone wants to get to know this newbie alittle more feel free to do so. im more than willing to make many new friends here:)!!

Hello, I am Sindarin from Greece. :-o

I am developing video games and hope I can get some directions in here, so I can include nice music to my game projects.

My forte is hand-drawn/digital artwork, but wish to learn about the music principles too.

P.S. The OC remixes are great and I keep a DVD full with them. :-P

Hey everyone, the name is Mitch. I just happened to stumble upon this site one day, and as fortune would have it I just happen to love video game music, and remixes! It appears to be a match made in heaven to be sure.

I hail from the great land of Minnesnowta and travel around the country quite a bit for business. I dabble in music production and know my way around programs such as Reason and ACID, but I currently am not very talented. Which sets me apart from the contributing artists on this site.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of the OC community.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Rozovian, and I'm a video game remix downloader. (Hello, Rho.)

I'm working on a couple of remixes I'm hoping to complete and submit soon, and thought I might as well join the forum. I'm mostly into Metroid and Zelda, but play most of the games my gamer brother buys. There's a number of nintendo consoles in our house, plus a ps2. Then there's a number of Macs, but that's not as important. I'm also an avid origin debater, but that's as irrelevant here as the length of my beard (which will remain a secret for now, more so than my sex). Greetings from Finland.

Call me Rho.