The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

We know, we ARE awesome,

Kidding aside, we appreciate your feedback, but there is already a thread for comments about VOTL here, http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11896

Also, for the individual ReMixes on the site there is a review thread for each mix, as in your case Mcvaffe's mix is here, http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=514

And for your last few questions, there was a thread about who uses what here.

Usually skating around the products forums is helpful.

EDIT: My google-fu has reveled tutorial videos for acid.

sorry, i'm just not used to not being told "stfu amateur fruityloops fgt" and "this is the worst remix evar~!!" or being called an "unreliable fgt" or a "homewrecker" etc

i'm pretty sure that last one has nothing to do with my music though

also, some dude just sat down next to me here in the library, looked at my screen, said "ocremix.org?" and i said "yes" and then he left right away. wtf???

sorry, i'm just not used to not being told "stfu amateur fruityloops fgt" and "this is the worst remix evar~!!" or being called an "unreliable fgt" or a "homewrecker" etc

i'm pretty sure that last one has nothing to do with my music though

also, some dude just sat down next to me here in the library, looked at my screen, said "ocremix.org?" and i said "yes" and then he left right away. wtf???

You know, every post I have not made is one praising the remixers here. And I don't make posts a lot more than I make them.

Hey remixers,

I just wanted to post and say that you guys are seriously off the hook. my friend found out about Voices of the Lifestream via Evil Avatar, and I found my way over here and perused the remixes. I've got to say, I'm overwhelmed. I love music, and hearing these remixes has been a great blend of enjoyment and nostalgia.

I wanted to give extra props to all the FF7 people, and also McVaffe, who did a simple yet amazing remix of Relm's theme from ff6, which I haven't been able to stop listening to. You guys are sick!

Thanks. I appreciate it. I try...hard...

No, seriously.

yeah dude! I wouldn't worry about haters...music is music, and what matters most is creativity, not what means you go about producing it. I have no idea how any of you made your remixes, I just listened to them and smiled a lot, and that means good music to me. The only time I would maybe knock a program would be songs coming from garage band, because although those songs are cool sounding, from what I understand most of the songs are already done for you.

Thanks for the dude who made the post in the beginning with the links, I'll definitely check them out!

OH SNAP, one last thing...is there a place to make requests? I would give me left nut to hear some more Dragon Warrior IV remixes. There's one I saw up, an arrangement of the Akmento Mines theme, which is really good...but that's the only one!

just wanted to post again to see my sig :)

edit: ok that's kind of big...

I registered on here... well, I forget when but it seems like a really long time ago.

I forgot about this place until I got an e-mail about the Voices of the Lifestream thingy and remembered about OCRemix.

And back I came.

It only just occurred to me that it may be worth my while becoming an (at least semi-) regular posting person on the forums here, so "Hey there! :D"

So while I may not be a newbie chronologically speaking, I'm a newbie for all practical purposes.

I registered on here... well, I forget when but it seems like a really long time ago.

I forgot about this place until I got an e-mail about the Voices of the Lifestream thingy and remembered about OCRemix.

07-26-2007 according to your profile. Guess the memory really is the first thing to go ;-)

Anyway, welcome new folk. There's some soda in the fridge and microwavable popcorn in the cupboards. djp hasn't gone to the store yet, so that's about it right now.