The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

ok i got a newbie question. in fact its uber noob. how do i know or how can i check on the status to see if my songs been accepted/posted? i see the judges decisions thread but i dont know if they just add to that thread or post a new one or what.

be a good citizen,

help a noob today.

Figured that since I had to say something else so thougtht I'ed say hello to everyone here :)

Been a LOOOOONG time lurker normally can get my questions by searching, but for some reason can't this time.

Been listening to various OCR mixes for a long time, I remember I was on dial up anyway.... *shrug* Like most of them, don't really not like any.

Um.. any way ... SPOON!!

Hi all, I've been a fan of this site for years but just now decided to join the community. My name's Richard, I own a video game guitar tab site, http://www.gametabs.net which I just recently redesigned. Hopefully some of you will find it useful in your remixes. I haven't remixed anything yet, but I'd like to start soon. I just downloaded and listened to the Final Fantasy 7: Voices of the Lifestream album, and it is absolutely incredible. The quality of remixes in that album is just amazing. I'm about to write a review a glowing review of it on my site. Anyway, nice to meet you all.

ok well now that i know what snacks n jackson is i can honestly say i want to cry in a corner. However, i have searched far and wide on this site in help, faq, and forums to try and find out why we all have titles i.e dan hibiki, ryu, big boss.

AKA what do they represent???

AKA what do they represent???

Your post count silly head! When you hit over 25 posts you get the "snacks N jaxson." when you get over 50 you get "Dan hibiki." Over 100 is "goomba" (from super mario bros) and so on. they are all basically video game characters that represent how many posts you've made on the boards.

Hi, I'm Zach. I've downloaded songs from this wonderful site for over a year. I'm incredibly sleepy... I'm procrastinating a lab report due tomorrow. I feel like I'm spewing info all over the place, but at least I employ grammer good, er, grammar well. I'm in the 11th grade. I'm on my highschool drumline, and it is quite rocking. We won the percussion caption at our last contest, and that means uber kewl. I know I want to pursue a future that has something to do with music, or at very least, have an avid hobby that deals with music.

I'm incredibly busy (for me that is) with physics, calc., my highschool band's last week and a half of marching season, and various other personal activities. With that said, I might not be on, except maybe once every week or two. :sad: After marching season I should have a little more time.

Aww, had an introduction all typed out and page doesn't load. I'll type up a summed up version, then.

I'm Ibby.

I've never been a part of the OCRemix community, but I've been remixing videogame music for a little while. I've been entering the Dwelling of Duels competition for almost two years under the name Kidd Cabbage, and even got first place last month with a huge Dragon Warrior, Wizards and Warriors, and Willow megamedley done up in orchestral metal. My music tends to end up a type of frantic metal. I play guitar and I haven't really dabbled in much electronic music. If you feel like acquainting yourself with any of my music, it's all on my webpage, which is linked through this profile, or if you're lazy, click here.

Also submitted my first OCRemix a week or two ago. Wish me luck on that.

Anyways, hello all - I think that was the point I've been trying to make.

Edit: And God, I'm having a tough time trying to get used to having the newest posts be at the top of the first page, as opposed to the bottom of the last.

Aww, had an introduction all typed out and page doesn't load. I'll type up a summed up version, then.

If you feel like acquainting yourself with any of my music, it's all on my webpage, which is linked through this profile, or if you're lazy, click here.

Edit: And God, I'm having a tough time trying to get used to having the newest posts be at the top of the first page, as opposed to the bottom of the last.

Ibby i just went to your webpage and saw your setup for recording guitar and let me say thank you! :) i have been trying to figure out what type of equipment i need to mic my guitar rather than porting it through a pedal straight to the computer (which is terrible quality)

Ibby if i remember correctly all you need to do is change the preferences in your user control panel.

'sup~~~

I'm Sui, I've listened to a fair amount of OCR mixes...and I've actually come to ask if there was anyone who could do a band arrangement/print out the score for one of their remixes for me. I mean, if you remix you have to write the music out...so I imagine there must be someone who's willing to do that! XD

Ibby i just went to your webpage and saw your setup for recording guitar and let me say thank you! :) i have been trying to figure out what type of equipment i need to mic my guitar rather than porting it through a pedal straight to the computer (which is terrible quality)

I would like to point out that the tuna fish is the most important tool required.

Hey all, I go under the name of Flexstyle and I'm an avid gamer (although my scope is currently extremely limited), and a house/dnb/trance producer of about 2 years. Other musical experience includes about 4 years of violin (quit a few years ago though) and about 3 or so years of piano. I'm also a trained sound man for my church, and have been for several years.

If you feel like checking mah stuff out, you can do so at www.acidplanet.com/flexstyle.

My primary game is currently the open-source shooter Tremulous. Usually I'm on the Dretch*Storm server under the names "his nose," "|TSR|TheLittleGreenMen," and "[DRU]Vortexx." Yeah, you needed to know that.

I probably won't be super-active on the OCR forums as I'm a regular member on several other forums too, but I thought I'd at least sign up. You'll probably see me around a little bit at least.

Let's see here...I've recently downloaded every single stinkin' torrent the site has to offer (all the remix albums, plus the "all the remixes from the site"), and of course I love a lot of the music I've heard here. Most notably stuff from zircon, bLiNd, Leifo, FFMusicDJ, and some others.

I'm also trying to learn a bit of graphic design...hmm, what else is there to say? Oh yeah, I'm 16 and I live near Phoenix Arizona.

So HI!

Hi! My name is Josh Clark. I'm a classical pianist/any style vocalist, and I love video games (Well, WHY ELSE WOULD I BE ON THIS SITE??? JK!). I would love to record something, but I don't got no recording equipment. :-PSucks don't it?? So I need to know if any one near Jackson, Michigan does.... I'm also interested in collaborate work!! Also, I'm going to have a concert in the spring at Loomis Park Baptist. All OCRemixers invited!! You might be surprised what you hear! *hint* *hint* I am experienced as I've got superiors in music festivals, and have been the church/choir/quartet/ensemble pianist for 2 years. (Well, more like 1 1/2 but who's counting?:lol:) Thanks for taking the time to read this! Thanks all for making this site my main online destination!!

Greetings Overclockers, this is FT speaking and it looks to be a rather Tenacious morning! I'm a newcomer to OCRemix forums, but have been listening to their tunes from time to time for about a year now, and after noticing the disturbing lack of Mortal Kombat mixes, I decided to register so that my voice could be heard. But don't worry, I'm a veteran of forums like these. That's one less person you'll have to educate in Netiquette.

I'm a big fan of Tenacious D, as well as many classic rock bands, but my head's so full of jagged metal that I don't really have much room for anything else, unless it sounds epic, so I'm more of a fan of remixes that sound more like rock anthems than anything else. Another reason why I'm here: I notice a sickening absence of rock remixes.

Anyways, during my endeavors to get these unholy qualities purged from the site, I seek to have a fun, occasionally silly time here at the forums. Here's hoping I last for a good week or so!

~FT

hello from Wilmington Delaware. name's Chris, im 25 and like many people ive read, ive been downloading remixes here for many years, but just decided to join. i play piano and trumpet but havent done any remixing. i belong to about 9 other forums (Honda mainly), so i'm no newb to forumlife at all.

Hey everyone, your newest member here, (Well, maybe for like 5 seconds more) Infiniti. No, I did not intentionally name myself after a car. I've been doing my own music for almost a year now. Come February, it'll be a year. I think I'm most likely one of the youngest people here. Anyone younger than 14?*Laughs* Anyways, I also go around as MegaFreak2(MF2) but not here. Wish me luck getting used to the forum!(Why are the older posts on the later pages anyways?)

And as usual, when I post my first message in a forum:

COOKIES FOR EVERYONE!*Throws "cookies" everywhere*

Hey everyone, your newest member here, (Well, maybe for like 5 seconds more) Infiniti. No, I did not intentionally name myself after a car. I've been doing my own music for almost a year now. Come February, it'll be a year. I think I'm most likely one of the youngest people here. Anyone younger than 14?*Laughs* Anyways, I also go around as MegaFreak2(MF2) but not here. Wish me luck getting used to the forum!(Why are the older posts on the later pages anyways?)

And as usual, when I post my first message in a forum:

COOKIES FOR EVERYONE!*Throws "cookies" everywhere*

i feel old now. egads, when my first song was posted here, you were 9.

anyways, welcome to the forums!