The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello newbies, and welcome to the ocremix forums!

Usually I would go on with this post to say how great the boards are and shill it to hell and back, but with the current influx of new guys comin in, the best thing I can recommend is to lurk for a while and see how the "groove" of the site is before posting.

With a lot of new people coming everyday, a first impression goes a long ways here now.

Do not be nervous though! After feeling how the flow of the site is, I am sure that you all will be accepted in in no time.

Wut up? The name is Chris and now you know what the C in CMG stands for.

I come from the world of DDR/ITG/Stepmania. I am a 2 year step file maker. I've always been a big fan of OC Remix and the stuff the guys make. Recently I've been venturing into the remixing world myself, and have made a few remixes of my own, only a few of them video game related... which I plan on submitting here to become just like the rest :-D

Other then that, not really good with intros so anything you wanna know about me, just PM me or send me an message on AIM or MSN.

Wut up? The name is Chris and now you know what the C in CMG stands for.

I come from the world of DDR/ITG/Stepmania. I am a 2 year step file maker. I've always been a big fan of OC Remix and the stuff the guys make. Recently I've been venturing into the remixing world myself, and have made a few remixes of my own, only a few of them video game related... which I plan on submitting here to become just like the rest :-D

Other then that, not really good with intros so anything you wanna know about me, just PM me or send me an message on AIM or MSN.

I know you from the didder forums! You did the mash-up of Dynamite Rave and Energizer, right?

Huh. With over 20,000 members, I certainly see why a good introduction goes a long way. xD I'll try not to be tl;dr...

Name's Katie, RTF is my gamertag for Smash Brothers (Melee) which I play religiously with my crew. We travel for tournaments 'cause we're nerds. I play a lot of fighting games, actually, my second most-played genre being music/rhythm, I'd say. I'm an avid beatmania fan (even though I suck at it), and probably suck more at Pop'n Music than I think. I also like to do artstuffs with whatever I can get my hands on- but it's mostly boiled down to photoshop because I'm poor, and, well, I already have it, so it costs me nothing, ha.

Now something maybe you're interested in- musical background! I grew up in a large family of musicians on my father's side. I've been exposed to live music since before I was even born. I grew up with ample access to multiple instruments, but I gravitated towards the piano. I've been playing it for probably sixteen, seventeen years of my life. I'm self-taught, can play things easily by ear, and have not only found great inspiration in classical greats such as Beethoven and Bach, but I'm also moved by the works of Koji Kondo, Yuki Iwai, Bun Bun, Masato Nakamura, blah blah, you don't care. xD

I unashamedly rock out to 8-bit chiptunes and classical music, but I really listen to everything under the sun.

Hope you can find room for me here, I'd love to actually put up a mix some day. :D

I'm JC (that's how that part of my username is pronounced, people have mistaken it for Jake before), and I'm currently studying Computer Games Design at college. I'm also an office worker on weekends to earn a bit of extra money, and on the side of that I'm also a forum administrator at www.goal-kick.com, a Football Manager fansite.

I've been lurking around here for a couple of months so I thought it'd be best to pop in and say Hi and thanks for the music. I'm no music buff by any means, nor do I know how to make it on a computer (aside from software that is a tad expensive for the amount of time I'll probably use it, but I'll pass my opinions on tracks that particularly catch my attention.

Most of the stuff I download from here are tracks that I would be able to recognise by previous experiences of a particular game, I probably wouldn't download a remixed track if I had never heard of the original before, so as I know what's going on and I know what improvements (if any) have been made to the original piece.

So anyway, hi guys, and I'll probably be seeing you around.

Hi. My name's Platinum Azure. I'm new.

I'm taking a Music Through Technology class at my school. I'm hoping it, and some experimentation, will teach me all I need to know to start contributing.

I like to think I have a pretty good ear. Can't make music all that well right now, though, in spite of it.

Woo. Good times.

Hey there, ho there

I'm Mahler, long-time lurker and OCR enthusiast. While my patronage of this wonderful site has been relatively inconsistent throughout the years, I do remember browsing this site waaaay back in like '99-ish: I'm pretty sure OCR was one of the first sites I found after getting the internet (AOL, lol). It was awesome finally getting to meet Liontamer and DJP at MAGfest earlier this month and catch up on what OCR has been up to lately. Now I sit once again at my trusty computer and I figured that after 8 years of inconsistent lurking, I should probably register an account.. so here I be.

I've been a huge fan of much of the talent that emerges from this site and every remix project impresses me more than the last. Much props to everyone who contributes... I can't wait to see what kind of awesome new stuff 2008 has in store.

=Peace

Hey guys, I used to browse this site a long time ago and recently re discovered it.

I'm very much looking forward to composing/'remixing', and I figured I'd register to get myself known somewhat to the community.

I'm also running a band for anyone's information, and we're going to play some remixes and original compositions as part of our list. The few who I've so far managed to contact for sheet music to some of their work may already know about me(somewhat), and I suppose a number more will hear from me soon enough ;D.

Hey everyone!

I've been browsing this site for the last few months and have been blow away by the quality of the remixes here. Just awesome stuff, I listen to it constantly.

About me: I'm a student Game Designer that's currently directing a game for IGF 2008. I have a soft spot for the Mario and Sonic remixes.

Great site, guys! Keep up the music!

Hello there. Like most people here before me, i'm new to the forum, but a long-time lurker of the site. I first found it years ago and have been visiting it on and off since.

I believe MGS2 and "Metal Gear May Cry" by Jared Hudson first brought me here. I love most of the DKC remixes and the project album from a few years back.

The name i usually use is Wegalo, but i missed the "lo" when i registered :-?

Hi, I'm Splinter of Chaos (or SoC for short), and I'm only really posting here because some forums get itchy if you don't.

I don't really know anything about music except that I can make it, and I made a remixed the original Final Fantasy battle theme song as I learning experience, so I thought I'd join here and see if others like it as much as I do.

Note: I won't be checking here for replies. I HATE introductory threads, but I'm reading enough that I'm not ignorant while posting.

Hello to all,

First time member, long time lurker. I finally got on because I really want to start to be an active member of the remixing community (as well as prepare myself a little bit for my music minor next semester). I've been playing the boards for 15 years now, percussionist for 10 (if anyone need any help or suggestions, just PM me).

Want to thank everyone active in the community for keeping this site up!

Hey, the's name is TheSnowStorm. I been around OCRemix giving my ears a delightful treat of musical remixes of my favorite songs from various video games since 2004. I was so blown away by your talents and my mind was open that video game music is actually music.

I have been playing the violin for the last ten years and just got into arranging music from video games a while back. It is my dream to compose and arrange music for video games. And maybe, one day, if my music I composed will be arranged by a fan, or even Video Games Live. One day, feh, I can only dream . . .

Hello everybody!

I'm Melchior, a young chilean musician (very novice, by the way). I've been listening OC's Remixes for a couple of years and decided to create my own compositions, based on one of my beloved friends: videogames.

I just expect to be a friendly member and a support for anyone who needs it.

=)