The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello everyone.

I'm João Filipe de Carvalho, 21. My artist name is the same as my nickname here - Nodachi.

I've known OC for a long time. Even if you ask me, I have no idea why I never registered and posted musics here before.

I'm from Lisbon, Portugal. I've been making music since my 12, I started taking it seriously, and recognized it as my dream not too long ago. Currently, I'm majoring in Music Production and Eletronic Music at ESART, Portugal.

There's some things I love it about here. When you visit production forums, all you see is:

"Yeah I got the new Megasynth 3000 plus with 50 Gb's libraries ahahaha!!! I have it and you don't!!!"

Honestly, im sick of all that talk, in every single forum. Here, from what I've read so far,

people cheer for each other, recognize each other's talents, and thats something I find cool.

Ive hearded some really good things, some of them with amazing production quality.

I hope I can learn from all of you, and teach a thing or two when possible.

I have two songs I remixed especially for the site just a couple days ago. I'll send them to evaluation today.

About gaming: I'm a big, big retro fan. Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, Super Hang-on... man, im having goosebumps XD

Currently I'm playing some MMO's and Devil May Cry 4 as well as Chrono Trigger (again XD).

Thank you for your attention, I'll post sometime soon.

Greetings,

Nodachi

I have two songs I remixed especially for the site just a couple days ago. I'll send them to evaluation today.

Welcome :)

As for your songs, I'd highly recommend posting them in the WIP Forums to give people a chance to give you some constructive feedback before submitting it to the judges. It may save you a lot of time waiting for a decision in case it's not up to site standards.

So... Im Sérgio Fonseca, from Portugal. I would describe myself as an idealist . A dreamer. I played my first videogame at age 12. Altered Beast, for Genesis. My first real game, however (although Altered Beast was not that bad) was Sonic the Hedgehog. A few years later I got miself a psx and a copy of FF VII, and, well, same old story... A few Final Fantasys later, I found miself fed up with all that intensity. Must all games be that dramatic to be good? Where was this industry going? Where was the light-hearted magic of the classics (like...Sonic)? So, i went to the videogame store, and what did I found? Ratchet & Clank!!! Of course, i've played all sorts of games, but these two franchises were the ones that left their mark on me. And this is my videogame experience. Thanks for reading...

Yo, I'm Jon Edwards.

A friend showed me OCR in high school and I've been using the site as a music and geek-related news source ever since.

I realized recently that said introduction happened five years ago this past March, and coupled with the donation thread, I figured it was about time I actually put up an account.

I'm Mike from Maine, aka Sobou (Soh-Boh is how I pronounce it). I've been lurking since at least the Sonic 2 project was released as a guest and the donation thread put up by bgc motivated me to finally join AND contribute the last five bucks in my bank account to ocr.

I honestly can't remember how long I've been skimming over this site listening to stuff, but it's been a while. That considered, you can blame the likes of Ailsean and Ashane for my showing up here. Buddy o' mine linked me to some tracks, and after a few marathon sessions coding Terra in Black and Cessation of Mammon into Guitar Hero 2, I think it's safe to say I'm hooked. Hopefully I can get some sort of setup going here soon that'll let me see what I can contribute to this fine repository of schtuff. I gots me a couple gee-tars and some brass in desparate need of noisemaking, so here's hoping.

Wuts goin on OCR. Well I've been a fan for quite sometime. I wanna say around the year 2000. For some reason I just never register to the website. I love music and I ecspecially love VG Music. From everything I have played to things I haven't, I'm currently attending Louisiana Tech University and I'm a Computer Science major. I hope to get my masters in Game Programming after I graduate from here. I try my hardest to stay on top of the latest news but with school and all it hard so hopefully you guy can help me out, but I think ya'll have a great community here. So, I'm glad to be apart of it.

Be e-z,

Gambit-III

Hiya OCRdians (OCRnites perhaps?). Anyhow, like many others posting in this introductory thread, I'm a long time listener / lurker / fan of the site, and I finally figured I would engage myself in this community a bit more, so here I am :P

My name is Scott, age 26, and I've been a gamer pretty much my entire life. I grew up playing Hunt The Wumpus on my Texas Instruments TI-99 at the age of 2, and have gone through pretty much every console since then. I have an affinity for Mega Man 2 remixes and egg salad.

I play guitar, albeit not at the level of the artists around here, but I do enjoy coming up with my own renditions of various video game songs in my spare time. I would like to develop my skills and perhaps look into remixing at some point in the future, however I suffer from acute symptoms of laziness. If I do ever get around to actually learning everything that I need to however, I hope to submit a Destiny of an Emperor montage, seeing as how the game has gotten no love it seems.

Anyhow, I guess that's all for now. Thanks :>

Well, hello everyone! My name is AJ, and I go on the internet as PianoCat. I've been listening to OCRemix for a long time now, and I recently submitted my first attempt at a Chrono Trigger remix. I'm looking forward to hopefully being part of this awesome music community!

Hello! I'm Tsukimoon! Yes, my name is what you will say.

I'm an aspiring musician, and have already stolen SOOO many DKC remixes from here it may be unreal. I also generally like to keep my typing grammatically correct, at least, as much as I can.

I'd like to say that I am a few months into learning piano, and I have FruityLoops but most things are confusing. Expect to see me in the help section for that! ^^

That's it for my introduction. Thanks for your time!

Hello everyone!

I've been a long time listener to this site and I've finally decided to join in the fun of forums and chat it up!

I love music as whole, more so game music and while I can't make my own remixes (I haven't really tried, I'll admit), I do love hearing people's other interpretations and creativity of their own.

It's really nice to meet you all and I hope to enjoy more great remixes from the lot of you!

~Rita

Wuts goin on OCR. Well I've been a fan for quite sometime. I wanna say around the year 2000. For some reason I just never register to the website. I love music and I ecspecially love VG Music. From everything I have played to things I haven't, I'm currently attending Louisiana Tech University and I'm a Computer Science major. I hope to get my masters in Game Programming after I graduate from here. I try my hardest to stay on top of the latest news but with school and all it hard so hopefully you guy can help me out, but I think ya'll have a great community here. So, I'm glad to be apart of it.

Be e-z,

Gambit-III

Do not,

I repeat,

DO NOT continue to post using gigantic orange text. You will regret it, I assure you.

Other than that, velkommen.

Heya guys, I'm Synius, formerly known as Arcsynth or Lythe, if you by some random chance have met me elsewhere a long time ago. =P I've been doing music for about 3 years now, and I can't get enough of it. I've only really attempted a video game remix once, and, well, let me just say that was long ago. XD I've experimented with many electronic genres, but it seems like Trance (specifically, Melodic/Dark and Progressive) is my forte. If you're interested in what I sound like, you can check out my sites in my signature.

If you want to talk, feel free to send me an IM via AIM. =D

Hello, this is TheDebuter typing! I am a vocalist rapper and I've been writing lyrics and making music for 5-6 years. I'm also currently learning how to produce music so I can become a better producer. Also, my myspace music page is www.myspace.com/dreamstar9th to listen to my lyrics. I am also a Nintendo, Final Fantasy VI, and a Sonic fan. If you want to collaborate or talk to me just message/reply to me and I'll get back to you! :razz:

Hey guys

My name is Jamie, however people call me Ronald, or Steve. It all depends. I love videogame music and i've been visiting this site for a long time, and only just now decided to join the community. I will submit some of my works shortly as remixing/doing renditions of videogame songs has been a hobby of mine for god knows how long. Right now im working on a remix of `The Opened Way' from the Shadow of the Colossus OST.

Anyway, i hope to get know you lovely folks better as time goes on. Take care

Hey guys

My name is Jamie, however people call me Ronald, or Steve. It all depends. I love videogame music and i've been visiting this site for a long time, and only just now decided to join the community. I will submit some of my works shortly as remixing/doing renditions of videogame songs has been a hobby of mine for god knows how long. Right now im working on a remix of `The Opened Way' from the Shadow of the Colossus OST.

Anyway, i hope to get know you lovely folks better as time goes on. Take care

Welcome to OCR. Since you've got some music you're planning on submitting, I'd recommend you first drop by the WIP Board and post your songs there to get some intial feedback. Then folks can let you know if they need any refinement before submitting.

Enjoy your stay :)

hey folks,

my name is chris and i'm glad to have found another great composer community on the net : ) i'm an active member of sakari-infinity.net, but one board is never enough : )

feel free to pm me here or on msn, i'd be glad to talk to you guys : ]

i'm going to submit some of my work, unfortunately its n oremix of anything but original music written by me : )

thanks,

chris

Yep, it's the Cap'n!

I've been remixing only since around October of '07... I dun think I'm half bad for a newb, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that...

I use the demo of FL studio 7. It's only the demo, but it gets the job done.

I'm afraid my remixes may be denied, though, 'cause they're pretty much MIDI rips...

But they don't sound like it!

And yes, I'ma put 'em in the WIP Forum!

Hey! :D

Im kinda new here and Im not sure if the retro covers I do in my spare time are OCR material but thought that people here would be intrested to have a listen maybe so thought i'd drop a line.

I got a few of my covers here at - www.myspace.com/xcriticalstrikex - If you fancy a listen ^-^

xGx

p.s. not all my songs are up on myspace as i can only put 6 up so here is a full list of all the ones ive done, and ones im working on :)

Dr Robotniks Mean bean machine - 2p verses

Dragons fury

Hellfire

Skitchin - Cheese Grater (Basic)

Sonic 1 - Marble zone

Sonic 1 - Spring yard zone

Sonic 2 - Chemical plant zone

Sonic 2 - Emerald hill 2 player mode

Sonic 2 - Mystic Metal

Sonic 2 - Skychase zone

Sonic 3 - Icecap zone

Sonic Spinball - Toxic Caves

SnK - Sandopolis Zone

Star wars - Cantina

Ones im working on that arnt finished are

Sonic 2 - winged fortress

Sonic 2 - Special stage

Sonic 2 - Death egg

Gunstar heroes - Level 1

Gunstar heroes - The escape of golden silver (or something :P )

Streets of rage 2 - Ending theme

Luigis manion

Wonderboy in monster land

Zelda - Lost woods / Main tune