The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hey everyone! First off, I'm sure it's said constantly, but I love the work everyone does here. All the remixes and collaberations are awesome. So, in hopes of learning something new in music creation and remixing, and music in general, I thought it'd be a great idea to join these forums.

I'm a pretty big amature, with only a bit of experience with a keyboard and vocals. I've played with FL Studio and decided that I wanted to upgrade to something a little more in-depth. So currently, I'm using Reason 4.0 which is pretty awesome. However, I am still far from having learned much at all. And I'm still learning to play the keyboard and use it with Reason. I've done vocals very few times, but I don't suck at it, so I'm better with that.

Aside from that, I'm a student at ITT Tech and a CSR at Blockbuster. I live in Jacksonville Beach, and love where I live. I don't think it needs to be said, but I love video games, and have since I was a wee lad :P Anime is pretty sweet, too.

So, that's it guys! If i seem like a cool guy and you'd like to get to know me, please don't hesitate to pm me. I'm always up for meeting people.

A fine how do you do to everyone.

I have signed up on these forums to accomplish 3 things. Firstly to review every track in my collection (1530 and counting I deleted some) in a more formal review format. Secondly I wish to learn how to remix and play the new keyboards I have access to now; it will probably take a couple years to learn enough to post stuff I imagine. My third mission is to request remixes for games such as Vectorman and Mortal Kombat. Either they have none or someone mixed up the movie theme for MK and I want some stuff for the games up there.

I tune Pipe Organs for a living but illegal immigrants have stolen most of the business so I wont be doing that for much longer. If any one cares you can contact me anytime you wish, I don't mind at all.

Hello....Im Mygames....And I would like to remix some game music. I am new though, So I'm still figuring out Fruityloops...

BTW: I do art too.... I'll upload some of those..eventualy. :P

I also am A fan of the OLD sonic games (new ones suck...except SRA)

If you want to hear my first remix...um...Ask. it's called Donkey Kong Country: Mood Swings. :D

Anyhow, Hi. I would like help making some remixed music because I know what sounds good and have some fresh ideas;but I'm only just figuring out fruity loops. I've got the music finding down, the piano Roll a little...thats about it.

So before I keep rambling on and repeating myself...

Tindeck.com for hosting.

Welcome to ocr, and like OverCoat said, come post your works in the WIP forum.

Hang around and listen to other ppl's works and read the feedback they get, you might learn something that way too. Don't be afraid to post your stuff, there are a lot of people with very different musical background and skill level there.

Then there's the ocr FL subforum, for FL-specific questions; and the guides. I especially recommend zircon's compendium on remixing.

And don't worry if you're just not getting it. Just try to learn something every time you read something or do something with FL.

Hey gang! :-P Thanks for all the sleepless nights! lol I just stumbled across the site about a week ago and, wow, just wow. Incredible music, insightful reviews, friendly community...where have you guys been all my life?

As far as myself, I'm taking my first tottering steps into the whole MIDI camp.

*Stands up*

"My name is Justin, and I...I'm a recovering .mod tracker. But I've been clean for almost six months now. Thank you."

*Sits*

Right now, I'm just window shopping software. (Looking at the FL demo currently. Looks nice, but where are my hard-coded hex values?) I just wanted to pop in and wave, and toss kudos out to everyone. Other than that, I guess I'll just ease my way in, and hopefully I'll have something spiffy to put up here in a bit. :-o

(Wait...are those actual music notes? Like...real ones?)

@~}~~

Been hanging around with OCR for about three years now, but I haven't really thought of joining as an actual member until recently when I started looking through the WIP forum (for about the last few months). So hello to everyone here and whatnot!

Just a little background on myself... I've been playing the clarinet for nearly five years with a marching band season included in there. I have 0 experience with any music programs, so I never use any of that technical jargon that I don't understand - instead, I just use the music language I've been taught with dynamics, balance and whatever I can babble on about. Odds are, I won't really make any music around here as I'm still heavily in the learning process. However, I will stick around and give as much insight and feedback to WIPs and whoever else requires help... and while I'm at it, of course, get to know everyone better and vice versa.

Probably an obvious one, but anyhow, thank ye all for your dedication to working with music in creative and helpful ways and kudos to everyone!

Fyi, just call me Wind rather than my full username, which is essentially just there to differentiate me from anyone else that may go by "Wind." Or because it's cool..-ish...

EDIT: Also, hi and welcome, Sick16, to community! And by actual music notes... well, far as I know, you're using synthesized sounds and not live instruments. But the notes themselves are real. The sounds are created to be as close to the actual instruments themselves (I hope they are... because I know there's some bad ones out there). Hope that clears up your inquery.

Hello, all. I'm new.

Well... new-ish.

See, you can tell by my join date that I'm not really new at all. In fact, I've been hanging around OCR for what seems like half my life. Left a review here and there, but never really got into the community aspect of it. But now, all that is changing, as I am... *gasp* beginning to aspire to my own musical ambitions.

I can't play a damn single instrument. I can't even read notes. But I can sing, and I have recently discovered that I have some degree of absolute pitch (which explains how I've been in something like 5 different choirs and never learned how to read music. @_@).

My offering to the community is something that I hope is unique: I'm a lyricist. Give me a tune, and I'll happily put words to it. Want it to rhyme? Fine by me. Don't care? All the more freedom. I love writing lyrics and experimenting with music in my head, so until I can afford my own musical mixing equipment / software, I'll be happy to help others who need it.

Hi everyone, I joined recently and am very happy to have done so.

The name's Viktor or just call me Xeno, whatever suits your fancy.

I love game music, it's heavily the reason why I get to play some games (for the sole reason of having a kick ass music) and IMHO Overclocked Remix has also played an important part of this with its top notch remixes AND remixers.

I've recently uploaded my first submission in the WIP's & Releases sub forum, the thread's title is "Let's go trance" should you want to check out what I'm into.

I'm somewhat a very curious guy, and like to get involved deeply in things that interest me. Thanks to you guys, remixing is now part of who I am, and I'm very interested in improving and making the best out of this experience. Hope to talk to ya soon, and eager to hear from you, Viktor 'Xenocrates' Luna. :)

Hey, all! I've been coming to this place for good music ever since a friend showed me my first remix. I've been hooked ever since!

I don't own any consoles, although the PC is usually enough to work with. I discovered the depth of soundtrack music after that first remix, and have been collecting remixes and originals since, taking up several gigs (to the distress of my family!)

I've also experimented with composing using first tracking, and now FL for many years, and have even attempted to make soundtracks for a couple of indie games (which, unfortunately, never got much farther than planning stage). I decided I'd finally join up, though, so I can give and receive feedback on some of my favorite songs.

So, I'll see ya around, and I look forward to hanging out here!

-Kenogu Labz

I have been visiting this site for a few years listening to the plethora of amazing remixes here. Recently, I have purchased Finale Music and I have been using it to orchestrate. I have studied music for 8 years and I have played piano, tenor saxophone and flute for 10 years.

Hai everybody! I had already posted in the topic of Speed Racer XD but I'll make my introduction official in here. I'm Marina but you guys can call me Lenne if you want XD. I'm a HUGE Final Fantasy VII fan (as well as Sephiroth and Cloud LOL) and I had gotten wind of FFVII : Voices Of The Lifestream from a couple of friends over the net a few months back. Then while looking up random remixes of One-Winged Angel yesterday, I found a link to the Voices Of The Lifestream site and I just fell madly in love with these awesome ReMixes! Voices Of The Lifestream is teh awsum and it's because of these wonderful ReMixes that I joined this forum! I also plan to look into the other OC ReMix albums too! Well, I like to make new friends and enjoy talking to them so if any of you guys want a friend or someone to talk to I'm all for it ^_^!

~ Songstress Lenne ~

Hai everybody! I had already posted in the topic of Speed Racer XD but I'll make my introduction official in here. I'm Marina but you guys can call me Lenne if you want XD. I'm a HUGE Final Fantasy VII fan (as well as Sephiroth and Cloud LOL) and I had gotten wind of FFVII : Voices Of The Lifestream from a couple of friends over the net a few months back. Then while looking up random remixes of One-Winged Angel yesterday, I found a link to the Voices Of The Lifestream site and I just fell madly in love with these awesome ReMixes! Voices Of The Lifestream is teh awsum and it's because of these wonderful ReMixes that I joined this forum! I also plan to look into the other OC ReMix albums too! Well, I like to make new friends and enjoy talking to them so if any of you guys want a friend or someone to talk to I'm all for it ^_^!

~ Songstress Lenne ~

Hi Lenne. A word of advice: don't post in red. Just use the forum default.

Step three - Remove the quote in your sig less you wish to start massive flames at you. Aka heads up dude.

Why should he/she? It's not breaking any rules. If an anti-FF7 fanboy gives him/her shit, he/she can ignore them... quite literally now with vBulletin.

Would you remove your Kirby sig if some folks gave you shit for having it?

Didn't think so ;-)

Why should he/she? It's not breaking any rules. If an anti-FF7 fanboy gives him/her shit, he/she can ignore them... quite literally now with vBulletin.

Would you remove your Kirby sig if some folks gave you shit for having it?

Didn't think so ;-)

I think we both know I am in mid process of that sir.

Anyway, I say that because you KNOW *YOU K N O W* how much bs happens over stuff like that here.

"SEPHIROTH SUCKS"

"HAHAH WHAT A FGT YOU LIKE SEPHIROTH HES A QUEER"

etc etc etc etc etc

I am just giving a heads up. He/she can keep it if she wants. She should just prepare for a lot of stupid pm's regarding what I said above.

I think we both know I am in mid process of that sir.

Anyway, I say that because you KNOW *YOU K N O W* how much bs happens over stuff like that here.

"SEPHIROTH SUCKS"

"HAHAH WHAT A FGT YOU LIKE SEPHIROTH HES A QUEER"

etc etc etc etc etc

I am just giving a heads up. He/she can keep it if she wants. She should just prepare for a lot of stupid pm's regarding what I said above.

Oh, I know the goofy commentary that gets unleashed by some folks. But, the inability of those folks to keep to themselves over the mere mentioning of a game character shouldn't be a deciding sig factor here. Sure, some will do it just to be a smart ass since bashing the game's reached meme-like levels, but a part of me would like to think that the majority of folks here have gotten past the "OMFGROFL U LIEK Ff7!" foolishness by now.

Yes, it's true I am a BIG FFVII fan and yes, I'm a HUGE fan of Sephiroth. If people feel the need to shout random and meaningless anti-FFVII/anti-Sephy banter at me then that just shows how immature they really are and can't keep their own opinions in a decent manner. That said, I dont care if they do that. Just to clarify, I am a girl too XD. And Sorry about my mini-sig below my posts. That was force of habit too but if it's too much I'll stop and not do it anymore. Again, thanks for telling me though ^_^.

Hey everyone. I've posted in a few other places, but I'm still pretty much new to the forums. I'm DJMetal, and I co-host a VGM radio show out of PSU in Portland, Oregon. I've been coming to OCR for about 4 years now, and I've listed to every remix on the site at least once (I know because my iTunes keeps track for me =D), and I'm here to try to get involved in the community. I'm doing this for two reasons: First, I think I've been missing out on some awesome people by not doing the forum thing, and Second: I figured spreading the word about our radio show can't hurt. Especially considering you guys all probably like video game music to begin with.

So...yeah! Here I am. Favorite games include: Metal Gear Solid, GTA: Vice City, Fire Emblem, Advanced Wars, and Xenosaga Ep. 1. Pleasure to be here!

DJ Metal

Hi. Victor 'Xenocrates' Luna here.

I've been a fan of OcR for long, VGM represents a large part of my playlists and I've enjoyed a lot of games because of the music rather than the game itself.

I'm down with the creative stuff, like drawing and composing and the like. Though I'm not that much of an expert and remixing, I'm up with self-improvement and will post one or two ideas that I expect you enjoy and help me refine. Thanks and if you need something (like someone to chat with, an opinion or just goof around), think Xenocrates ;D

Hy i am Marino i am 17 i like music,i play violin and i am trying to do some remixing (that is the reason i am here) i like this site and i hope i will be a good remixer one day with some help from you guys...:razz: