The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Morning all. My name's currently RockmanNeo, but that might be subject to change; I'm usually called Rockman or McFadden. I'm 16, from the sunny UK (thanks, global warming!), and while being a long time fan of OCRemix and its remixers, I've only recently gotten into remixing myself, and decided to join the community. I might post some of my WIP remixes at some point, as nursing a long-term arm injury has rendered me incapable of recording guitar. Oops!

Hi everyone, my name's Adam. I'm 19, from Australia and I've been a fan of this site for some time. I really enjoy listening to game soundtracks in general, so OCRemix is like a dream come true. :smile: I think the work of the people on here is excellent, and really appreciate the effort they go to. Keep it up guys! I thought I'd check out the forums so that I could talk to other fans of the site, as well as the people who make the wonderful ReMixes featured on this site.

Hey there. My name's Jim and I've been coming here for a few years now checking out new remixes and such. Apparently I signed up for the forums a long time ago, but just never got around to posting anything. I just signed in hoping my account was still active, and viola. Here I am.

A major reason I'm posting now is because I'm near completion of an animation I've been working on for some time. I was going to ask if someone was interested in creating the music for it, but I'm afraid if I do that people would get mad or something. That, and I don't know where to post a thread like that. If you could help me out, please do! Thanks.

Hey there. My name's Jim and I've been coming here for a few years now checking out new remixes and such. Apparently I signed up for the forums a long time ago, but just never got around to posting anything. I just signed in hoping my account was still active, and viola. Here I am.

A major reason I'm posting now is because I'm near completion of an animation I've been working on for some time. I was going to ask if someone was interested in creating the music for it, but I'm afraid if I do that people would get mad or something. That, and I don't know where to post a thread like that. If you could help me out, please do! Thanks.

Hey, I'd like to submit a few traxx to your project. Granted I don't have anything posted up... and I'm not the most accomplished remixer in here. But I'd love to help. I have a myspace page if you want to hear some of my work even though I do more music production than anything. I figure it may be a good opprotunity to broaden my horizons a bit. My url is myspace.com/tharadikal. Peace mayn..

What's good O.C... I've been a fan of this site for years myself and finally I get to submit some of my own remixes.. Word. So, I tried to upload one this morning, but it says my user id on the forums is required.... So yea, here's the newbie qustion. Where is it, cause I either don't see it or recognize it?... or maybe it's just not there.:| So yea... Bless me with some knowlege great ones. Thanks for having me here too!

Hm. An introductory thread. Ok, I'll give this a shot...

So, hi. I basically joined because I fell in love with some of the remixes in the Thieves of Fate thing. (Of note, I am new, therefore I don't know whether the album is called Thieves of Fate, or Radical Dreamers. If someone could explain it to me, I'd be grateful.)

I'm a fledgeling musician and I figured this would be a good learning experience. I've been playing guitar (bass, acoustic & electric) for two and half years now, played trumpet a long time ago, and have some mild theory knowledge. I also love video games and their music. I particularly enjoy battle music and the soft songs of videogames. My favourite videogame song of all time (at the moment, since I'm fairly oblivious) is Together We Ride from Fire Emblem.

Basically, at the moment, I have to many questions to put in one mere reply, and I don't want to clutter this topic, so if an experienced member would be willing to, for lack of a better word, teach me about the site, remixing and such, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, I hope to be of use to you guys in the near future.

Well, I'm a long-time listener, first-time caller - er, forum-goer.

I've always loved video game music since I was young. Once I found OCRemix, it was like a godsend. Recently, I've found myself with a moderate amount of free time and a renewed interest in OCR. So, I decided to join the forums.

You can call me Meyichi, or Meyo if you're lazy (that's with an "e," mind you). Some of my favourite series are Mana, Chrono, Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Metal Gear Solid. (A girl that likes MGS?! No way!) I'm about to graduate from high school (another week!) and will be spending a year working before heading off to college. I began playing flute when I was eleven, and switched to oboe a year afterwards. I've been playing oboe since then, but have recently found myself without an instrument! Also play axillary percussion and keyboards as a necessity for marching season at school. So, now the only instrument I have is my voice. :/

So I guess this is where I whore myself out. I would love to do any voice colabs. I can write lyrics, read music, hold a pitch decently enough, etc. I'd really like to get into this. I'll see if I can't try out the remixing side of it later.

So, glad to be here, and nice to meet you. :3

EDIT: Which forum would be the appropriate one for seeking collaborations? I know that there's a section that addresses it in the profile, but I'm not sure where to post a "classified" of sorts. Can anyone help me on this?

well hello folks :-o

i am new here

i dont know where and how to upload my music productions

ive been looking on ocremix for quite some time now

i decided to make my own songs instead of making mashups lol

ive made 17 songs from Banjo-Tooie, they are a genre of techno/trance/acid lol

i want to upload them,

i am a student at college. i study ICT.. im on my second year now. a few week left then i shold have passed :shock: lol.

i still live with my mum and her husband, soon i am going to see if i can be a DJ at clubs and that.

peace out :-P

Hi all!

Ill keep this short cause im lazy :P

I'm a 2nd year uni student in Australia. As well as being a passionate gamer, i enjoy listening to game music and have been doing so for quite some time. Play a bit of piano/ keyboard, particularly enjoy playing pieces by Nobuo Uematsu and Joe Hisaishi.

Look forward to posting here.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums too. :)

Truthfully I've been listening to music from OCR since 2001.... That's seven years of being a fan... ^-^;; I kind of feel like I got to watch it grow. But I never joined in the forums since I'm not a musician by any means. I just love video game music. And this is where it is most appreciated. Like Meyichi said, OCR is really a godsend.

So... I guess I'm joining now to celebrate the end of high school? *cheers*

See you guys around. :)

Hey, I'm Gilleece. I have actually been on the forums for a few days [i joined because of interest in the CMC competition and wanted to participate]. I never saw this thread until now though :P.

I am a composer and play Electric bass and bagpipes.I compose in any given style and I am starting to study music full time in college this year. You can check out my pieces at: www.myspace.com/seangilleece . I try to keep my songs on my myspace as varied as possible but seeing as I can only upload 6 I do not have anywhere near all my styles in it.

Hopefully I can be of some benefit to OC Remix in the future.

Hi :)

I've been downloading from this site for a while, and I finally decided to get an account. I'm Ruby, and I play a great number of instruments. I'm best at the cello, but I'm pretty good with the piano, and the penny whistle when the need arises. I'm a decent singer I suppose.

I've been a gamer since I was 2. Zelda was my first passion, and still is my biggest love. I'm not sure what else I should say, so have at it. :)

Hello all:)

Long time listener (5 years or so now? Can't quite remember) and I've decided to take the plunge and join this crazy group of folks. I am a friendly enough person, so feel free to chat me up!

I was a Nintendo diehard my entire life, until a little system called the X-Box 360 came out...and I've since sold and/or given away all other consoles. Fav games include the Burnout series, Psychonauts, and the Metroid Prime Trilogy among many others. Apart from gaming, I love sports (Particularily soccer, badminton and golf) and am a voracious reader. I'm also entering my first year of computer science in University. Oh, and I've no musical talent whatsoever, so sadly, I am restricted to listening to the amazing pieces here. And with that, I will shut up now:razz:

Hope to get to know you all!

Hello to the great people here on OC Remix, I've been a long time lurker and have been listening to the great music on here for several years. There isn't much to say about me, except I like any kind of music except almost all rap/hip-hop. My favorite games are Final Fantasy Tactics advance, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Star Ocean 3, and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. It's doubtful I'll ever post anything else, but I'm glad to be here all the same. Oh, and my favorite OC Remix album is probably Project Chaos.

Hi, everyone! I've been a listener for quite a while now, occasionally browsing the forums now and then as well. I finally decided to make an account here, as I've been wanting to get into making some arrangements myself. I don't have a whole lot of experience under my belt, so I thought the WIP forums seemed like a great way to get some feedback for whatever projects I might be working on. I'm a hip-hop musician, so most of the music I post will probably have that sort of vibe to it. Anyhow, I hope to get to know the community in time, so I'll see you all around!

Hi all!

Since long time I'm listen to musics of this site (like lots of people), it's time to speak with the OCRemix's community, right?

So... I'm called Loyi or Guile, mostly Zarmakuizz. It is true that it is a strange name...

I am 18, I live in Antibes... Yes, I am french. Antibes is in south of France.

I'm bad in english, of course. So, never speak me in french, I need to use english easily. However, if anyone want a training in french, I accept to speak french just in private (msn, private messages...)

The last remix I love is made by Darkesword, for a music of Metroid Prime 3. I don't have the game, but it's wonderful. I have listen to many musics of Darkesword, so I think that it's quite normal.

Recently I saw that there are only two musics for Pokémon, it's few... I would like to make a remix, but it's more a dream than anything else... why not? I can try...

I write like a quiche? Thanks to tell me what is false!

See ya!

PS: I use Google Translator for just 5 words... It's true! Next time, I hope I don't need it.