The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello Flip, you seem like an intelligent person - we need more of those around :lol:. It should also be mentioned that your sig is freaking distracting.

As for this Deathatheaven person, please learn how to use, write and correctly punctuate English sentences and then come back.

The Importance of Correct Punctuation

Dear Jon:

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People

who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other

men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever

happy--will you let me be yours?

Gloria

Dear Jon:

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people,

who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other

men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever

happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,

Gloria

This is a great book on the subject of punctuation.

Nice title! :lol:

I'm really not a grammar nazi - as long as what you've written is as easy to read as "proper" grammar, I'm fine with it. But punctuation was invented for a reason, and that captured it right there.

yep, n00b here. i'm a proud supporter of 'n00bishnessiveism', if you need a definition, see the topic 'n00bishnessiveism' in this forum. so i just came in here to say 'hello', and i hope i'm welcomed. sorry about my earlier 'n00bishnessiveism' post to announce my n00b status to OCR, but this wasn't here when i first arrived. looking forward to browsing OCR, downloading music, and contributing to the forum topics. thanks for the 'unwritten rules' of OCR, it was very informative and helpful. thanks to the regulars, i now have a wider scope of the 'do's and don'ts' of OCR. well, see ya around.

sorry about my earlier 'n00bishnessiveism' post to announce my n00b status to OCR, but this wasn't here when i first arrived.

Crossfire Gambit

Topic: The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Posted: Fri 06-11-04 7:52 pm

Not to pick on you, but you're wrong :-P. Anyway, you seem to have a clear grasp of punctuation, which is nice, and you seem to have the ability to write coherently, which is even better... now just use appropriate capitalization and you'll be perfect :lol:. Actually, I'd just settle for capitalizing 'I's.

sorry about my earlier 'n00bishnessiveism' post to announce my n00b status to OCR, but this wasn't here when i first arrived.

Crossfire Gambit

Not to pick on you, but you're wrong :-P. Anyway, you seem to have a clear grasp of punctuation, which is nice, and you seem to have the ability to write coherently, which is even better... now just use appropriate capitalization and you'll be perfect :lol:. Actually, I'd just settle for capitalizing 'I's.

Well, I didn't realize the date, just that it wasn't apparent to me when I FIRST posted my 'n00bishnessiveism' topic. :banghead: For that miscalculation, I apologize. :) Yeah, I meant for my punctuation to be on, but I seem to have turned my capitalization off. :wink: Yeah, so as before, when I asked you to follow my progress, I hope it has improved to your satisfaction. Oh, as to my spelling earlier, I opted to click 'Submit' instead of 'Preview' prior to my post, to try and head off my boredom before it caught up with me. I try and think ahead, but my mind does trip from time to time.

Crossfire Gambit

Well, I didn't realize the date, just that it wasn't apparent to me when I FIRST posted my 'n00bishnessiveism' topic. :banghead: For that miscalculation, I apologize. :) Yeah, I meant for my punctuation to be on, but I seem to have turned my capitalization off. :wink: Yeah, so as before, when I asked you to follow my progress, I hope it has improved to your satisfaction. Oh, as to my spelling earlier, I opted to click 'Submit' instead of 'Preview' prior to my post, to try and head off my boredom before it caught up with me. I try and think ahead, but my mind does trip from time to time.

I see it quite well. Now continue to post with that level of knowledge of written communication, and before you know it you won't be a n00b or a newbie ;-). Another thing you should note, for situations exactly like the one you just mentioned: there's an edit button and a delete button on all your posts. The delete button can only be used on posts that don't have any other posts after them; the edit button can be used at any time, though it's usually polite to note at the bottom what you've edited.

Crossfire Gambit

I see it quite well. Now continue to post with that level of knowledge of written communication, and before you know it you won't be a n00b or a newbie ;-). Another thing you should note, for situations exactly like the one you just mentioned: there's an edit button and a delete button on all your posts. The delete button can only be used on posts that don't have any other posts after them; the edit button can be used at any time, though it's usually polite to note at the bottom what you've edited.

No problem. Well, I guess it was the right time to 'change' because, according to OCR, I am now a Regular (50+). Happy to be here and I look forward to the future. Looks bright, unless you're talking UnMod. Just kidding. :wink:

Hey all;

Name's Kapuran, and I've recently discovered your site. I love these remixes... kudos to the artists who made them.

I frequent many other forums, so I have a grasp of forum rules, and general likes and dislikes, but I do have one question.

Is there any way to upload or link to your own, original avatar, instead of using the given ones?

Thanks.

No custom avatars - but sigs pretty much take their place, given you can put close to anything you want in your sig. Close to anything, note ;-). Also, hello.

Oh, and as a warning, you shouldn't use the boo avatar - it seems to be highly correlated to people being stupid :lol:.

M'kay... thanks for the info.

All right, I know I'm new, and I personally hate it when new people on my forums make such a bold request as this, but whatever... what comes around goes around, I s'pose. Seeing as this is a community of people who like games enough to remix the themes and underscores, I find it a bit odd that there is no subforum for gaming talk and whatnot. Are there any plans at all for beginning one? If not, then I guess this is a suggestion for it. My two cents.

<__<

>__>

I made no such request. Hmm? Not me. Nope...

*runs away in fear of being stoned due to the newbie syndrome*

...Hate being new.

M'kay... thanks for the info.

All right, I know I'm new, and I personally hate it when new people on my forums make such a bold request as this, but whatever... what comes around goes around, I s'pose. Seeing as this is a community of people who like games enough to remix the themes and underscores, I find it a bit odd that there is no subforum for gaming talk and whatnot. Are there any plans at all for beginning one? If not, then I guess this is a suggestion for it. My two cents.

<__<

>__>

I made no such request. Hmm? Not me. Nope...

*runs away in fear of being stoned due to the newbie syndrome*

...Hate being new.

Oh, OCR is all about games, you just have to make the right post and give it a good subject. What kinda games are you into? If you want I can start a thread on any topic you want if you don't want to. Sorry there's no subforum, but if you want the basics, drop by the GenDisc (General) forum and make posts there.

Just because you're a newbie doesn't necessarily mean you have to hang around in the Newbie/Tech Help forum. I was a n00b for less than a day, and this is my second day. You'll fit in fine.

If you haven't taken that mystical trip to UnMod yet, you should do so, just in case. Some advice: the UnMod forum isn't so much a school/work friendly enviornment as say GenDisc. So be cautious, but not afraid.

As for your suggestion, this site is really under the control and supervision of djpretzel, so that's that. Oh, and no custom avatars, as neminem said. Just make the coolest damn sig you can. Avatars aren't that big anyway.

n00bishnessiveism isn't anything to run away from. n00bs are people too. You're two cents are good here. Makes me two cents richer...hahaha...Have fun, and welcome to OCR!

Is there any real way to introduce myself without getting the "you're a moron for even trying to talk here" treatment? :(

I wouldn't be at this site if I wasn't a gamer. I've been raised on each Nintendo console: NES, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube. I mostly enjoy reading Play Magazine and Game Informer. Yeah I now it sound's like an advertisement, but whatever. I mostly go after games lest sought after (for no good reason) or the ones that reviewers just can't seem to enjoy.

And obvious as my first try here, :banghead:

I hope to be able to talk to some without getting the same treatment at high school.

dkhlmt3.jpg

n00bishnessiveism isn't anything to run away from. n00bs are people too. You're two cents are good here. Makes me two cents richer...hahaha...Have fun, and welcome to OCR!

Goddamn you've been here for three days!

EXACTLY!Am I coming off as a jerk too you guys?

Sorry. It's just that I make a retarded entrance, and feel like I get the stupid treatment.

Wait,that's the same thing. Hey, why is my text getting all fixed to the bottom next to the image?.dracdie2.jpg

The LIGHT!! AGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!

dracdie2.jpg

That is one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

Jintao: Welcome to OCR! Don't worry about making an entrace, so much. If you feel uncomfortable, just lurk, and post in threads instead of making them, until you have a feel for what is and is not "okay". I'd also recommend going to GenDisc first.

And, by profile image, do you mean sig?

Is there any real way to introduce myself without getting the "you're a moron for even trying to talk here" treatment? :(

I wouldn't be at this site if I wasn't a gamer. I've been raised on each Nintendo console: NES, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube. I mostly enjoy reading Play Magazine and Game Informer. Yeah I now it sound's like an advertisement, but whatever. I mostly go after games lest sought after (for no good reason) or the ones that reviewers just can't seem to enjoy.

I hope to be able to talk to some without getting the same treatment at high school.

dkhlmt3.jpgThis is what happens when I don't know what I'm doing.

you're a moron for even trying to talk here.

no, i'm kidding, it's always cool to see a new face around here. Also, i'm another member of the illustrious nintendo faithfull, having been suckled on the NES, and eventually weened onto the SNES, the N64, and eventually onto the 'Cube.

I think we need to start a "nintendo fanboy's only" club, and we could put a cool little icon in our sigs to show our allegiance.

if i can get a few people to agree, we can start a thread about it in gendisc. w00t!!1 wtflol!!1

dkhlmt3.jpgThis is what happens when I don't know what I'm doing.

you're a moron for even trying to talk here.

no, i'm kidding, it's always cool to see a new face around here. Also, i'm another member of the illustrious nintendo faithfull, having been suckled on the NES, and eventually weened onto the SNES, the N64, and eventually onto the 'Cube.

I think we need to start a "nintendo fanboy's only" club, and we could put a cool little icon in our sigs to show our allegiance.

if i can get a few people to agree, we can start a thread about it in gendisc. w00t!!1 wtflol!!1

I believe that thread was already done. It was called "Why does everyone hate the Gamecube?". It drew fanboys from EVERYWHERE.