The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Greetings.

Obviously, I'm new here. Not so obviously, I've been listening to game remixes for a long time, from ocremix, remix.kwed.org, and others. I've been in the music arena for a long time, both with original compositions and remixes, but I haven't considered making a living from it; I'd rather not starve. That said, I probably spend too much time doing music and sound engineering in general.

I've heard some fantastic remixes on the site, so I'm hoping that my contributions will be of the same calibre. Contributions, however, will not be all the frequent given that I tend to spread myself a little thin with multiple projects. My own fault, I know, but variety is the spice of life, and I like having my finger in various pies, cakes, puddings, and even the occasional profiterole.

Anyway, my debut on the site is a submission of an oldie, and frankly one that I'm very surprised hasn't featured on the site yet: Galaga. Let's hope the judging panel like it.

Ooroo.

MFE.

Hi.

I'm new-ish here, but I'm a longtime fan of ocremix.

I've always liked video game soundtracks in general,

but one day I just happened to trip over this site a couple of years ago and am just now participating in the forums.

Hi there everyone! Just thought i'd stick my $0.02 in for the introduction thread! :D

I prefer to go by Tsukasa, so if you would like to call me that instead of 'the scar in the twilight' :D then yeah, have at it.

Anywho, one of your members on the OC community (Theory of Nonexistence , AKA ToN) introduced me to the site and I'm gonna see what I can contribute! Anyway, I'll see you all on the IRC channel soon enough! Happy remixing!

:D

Anywho, one of your members on the OC community (Theory of Nonexistence , AKA ToN) introduced me to the site and I'm gonna see what I can contribute! Anyway, I'll see you all on the IRC channel soon enough! Happy remixing!

:D

Not to Jack the thread or anything, but OCR has an IRC 8O. iv been on the forums a couple months and did not know of this.. 8O

How y'all doin'? Just wanted to say hello. New to the site, just registered as I found the Conceptual Music competition and it seems right up my alley. I am a producer, composer, IT nerd. Not so much into the games, although I do quite fancy a round of Gran Turismo Prologue on my PS3 from time to time. I frequent a couple of other sites, DJMC and A4U mainly.

Look forward to hearing some great tunes from this place and hopfully submitting a track for the next CMC. :)

How y'all doin'? Just wanted to say hello. New to the site, just registered as I found the Conceptual Music competition and it seems right up my alley. I am a producer, composer, IT nerd. Not so much into the games, although I do quite fancy a round of Gran Turismo Prologue on my PS3 from time to time. I frequent a couple of other sites, DJMC and A4U mainly.

Look forward to hearing some great tunes from this place and hopfully submitting a track for the next CMC. :)

YAY! Someone from Canada and moreover, Ontario! Greeeetings. :smile:

Hay guise!

I'm not technically new here, as I joined a few years back, but I haven't been on the forums or done much of anything involving OCR since then, so I've decided to reintroduce myself.

When I originally came here I was writing music in Anvil Studio, and was a silly 14 year old. Now I'm a pro 16 year old using Fruity Loops Studio, heh. Definitely.

Anyways, hay etc., and I was wondering if there is anywhere I could post non-ReMixes to get legitimate feedback on them (Most probably outside of OC). I haven't worked up to writing any ReMixes yet, or at least anything I would want anybody to hear. As everyone here probably has many times more experience than me, I would like to wait a bit before attempting anything, and I would like to know where I am at. Thanks.

And hay again.

Not sure what to say without making a fool of myself..okay here it goes!

Hi, hello, and how do you do? I'm Ushikuma, a first time poster but long time gamer. I've always enjoyed the themes composed for games and after finishing any title, if anything, its the musical score that I remember most fondly. I don't have much experience in remixing but would like to learn more about it and any helpful tools/programs applicable.

:tomatoface:

Glad to be here and have a great day!

Hi,

My name is Will and I've been a fan of this site for most of it's existence, and at this point I feel like I can start to give back to the community, so I'll be headed to the WIP page after this.

Shameless plug:

I currently run a video game music tribute show each week called the 8bit Extravaganza.

If you are interested in the idea we're looking for help and critiques as well!

Thanks again for all the great work over the years and I hope to contribute!

-Will

Hiya people

I am Xac or also known as Tankooni

I have been a fan of OCR for a loooonnngg time but i never decided to join the forums or stuff.

I am a programmer(still learning and only know basic stuff), I love Video Games and Music.

I am going to give remixing a try at some point in the future but it may be awhile before I have anything of quality.

I mainly play two games on the computer, which are Guild Wars and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

Well I am off for now.

~Moog