The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Do you guys know that game you played when you was a little kid, that made you search for it as if there wasn't any other? Thosethat aren't available on wii's virtual console nor as a remake for gba or ds?

Well, I was starting to think that those memories would remain as a part of my past, but then, apparently from nowhere, a link leading to a strange site named "OCRemix" popped on google, and all that nostalgia suddenly made me remember those long playing hours...

I feel that it would be unfair not to thank you, remixers, webmasters, forum admins and else, for all the effort you made in making this site what it is today.

Long study hours (almost ten per day...:sleepdepriv:) are less painful when you hear things like "All the world in one girl" (super metroid)

So, that's it! Keep up the good work!:-P

Sup everyone I'm The JXK, I produce my own music and I've been a fan of the site ever since I saw Mario Bros Z by alvin earthworm (the story gets cliched and a bit to obvious :<- even up to the point where I "reintro Snappleman, Ashne & Norg's original remix for my own personal use" :tomatoface:- BTW one of the best songs ever, remix or not:razz:).

Expect a remix from me soon.

hi guys im very excited to finally get a damn account to ocremix, i have been visiting this site since 2002 but i only ghosted in the shadows downloading music and while its one of my favorite websites ever, i never actually opted to create an account.

when i heard the news that ocremix was selected for the street fighter 2 hd remix music i almost shat myself and finally decided i had to be apart of the comunity instead of trolling about behind the scenes listening to all the great tracks that the artists of the site produced with no actual feedback from a fan.

i am a hardcore old school gamer and i absolutely love games and this site has helped me facilitate the love for gaming in some ways. so here i am and im hoping to be a helpfull member of the community.

:tomatoface:

I'm new here 8)

From the first and last (page 1 and page 201) I got (start numbering here)

1) Always talk about the most funnestest of issues, there will be flame. There is always flame.

2) FFVII is the bestest game ever. People who say otherwise are poo poo heads.

3) Start new topics early and often. It doesn't really matter what topic it's in. It gives the Mods something to do when they have to move it. I know they love that.

4) Feed the trolls. Wouldn't want hungry trolls.

5) The 'terms and conditions' box you check when you sign up is a formality. Not really so much rules as guidelines, and not really so much guidelines as words that you're too lazy to read. The agreement should be: DO YOU SEE THESE WORDS AND UNDERSTAND YOU CAN'T CLICK NEXT WITHOUT CHECKING THAT BOX?

6) I am obviously some sort of insane super hero that is better than all of you. The sooner you come to terms with this, the better off for all of us.

7) US is a term best used when you agree with me. For your sake, you should always agree with me.

EIGHT) punktuation an spelling another stoff is not necesary u no if u just type stuf that some 1 wil figuri it out 4 u an u won have to worry bout junk like that so jus type stuff out n hit teh reply button 4 win!11!!!

9) Constructive critisism is: This sux! Learn 2 <BLANK>!

10) The louder person wins the argument.

Ten is all I feel like coming up with. My soundcard gets here Monday and I get to put that on and start playing around with it. I'm trying to dig back into my nostalgia and decide what I want to work on first. I'm considering doing something from Armored Core: For Answer, which is what I'm playing now. If it plugs into a wall and plays a game, I have it. Atari through PS3. As far as replies and reviews go, I'm pretty lazy, so if I take the time to actually think out and articulate what I mean, it's a good day. If and when I reply, I prefer long sentances with wordy descriptions complete with punctuation and usually spell checking. I reserve the right to not reed 1337 5p34k or cell phone text messaging, and not care what you said, even if it was directed at me. I'm a self described ass. This will become MORE aparent the longer you all tolerate me. In my defense I have been asked if I'm alwalys an ass, and the answer is no. I do have to sleep sometimes... As for right now I need to get away from the lazy and make an OCR signature.

In conclusion:

Hi!

Here I am!

-hewhoisiam

I'm new here 8)

1) Always talk about the most funnestest of issues, there will be flame. There is always flame.

3) Start new topics early and often. It doesn't really matter what topic it's in. It gives the Mods something to do when they have to move it. I know they love that.

5) The 'terms and conditions' box you check when you sign up is a formality. Not really so much rules as guidelines, and not really so much guidelines as words that you're too lazy to read. The agreement should be: DO YOU SEE THESE WORDS AND UNDERSTAND YOU CAN'T CLICK NEXT WITHOUT CHECKING THAT BOX?

6) I am obviously some sort of insane super hero that is better than all of you. The sooner you come to terms with this, the better off for all of us.

7) US is a term best used when you agree with me. For your sake, you should always agree with me.

EIGHT) punktuation an spelling another stoff is not necesary u no if u just type stuf that some 1 wil figuri it out 4 u an u won have to worry bout junk like that so jus type stuff out n hit teh reply button 4 win!11!!!

Alright? What do thoes have to do with anything? Are they a reference to you, or what?

Heya, name's Jason, people typically call me Jason.

I been gaming for a good while, ever since I was fascinated by an 8 bit plumber flinging fireballs at turtles. I've been secretly downloading remixes for quite some time, but it was only recently that I found the urge to contribute instead of merely mooch.

Every new album that OCR releases seems to be better than the last. I was fascinated by the release of a FFVII album, and Project Chaos has some of the greatest songs that make Chinese food delivery bearable.

Some of my favorite games include Bioshock, Chrono Cross, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Super mario RPG, Classic shooters like oldschool Doom and Duke Nukem, The Halflife series, Gitarooman! and occasionally Soul Calibur when I'm feeling frisky.

I'm currently playing WoW, after dabbling in a few mmos I figured it's about time I reach endgame in SOMETHING, and what better mmo than WoW?

I'm saving up for a keyboard, and I hope to add remixes from Golden Sun, Gitarooman, Mystical Ninja, and of course some Final Fantasy.

I'm new here 8)

1) depend on how you handle thing.

2) Your mileage may vary.

3) it take 30s at worst for a mod to clean a thread and cast a ban. is that worth it?

4) An hungry troll is busy finding food, so they don't troll.

5) Except when there is a condition about your first newborn.

6) You forgot one rule: Good is lame and Evil is Badass (or sexy)

7) there is U.S and the rest of the world.

8 ) i call the grammar nazi card for this one.

9) What else? Nespresso? Lurk More maybe?

10) that's why you are in a forum where you type and don't shout at people.

anyway welcome on board people.

Hey i'm new here, but i'm glad i found this site. So many wonderful things are happening here, and i hope to become a long time and constructive member and hope to get to know you guys better. I'd love to collaborate with anyone on just about anything. I just bought FL a week ago, i'm picking up EWQL Orchestra Silver in about a month, I have vanguard. hope to see you guys soon.

Hey i'm new here, but i'm glad i found this site. So many wonderful things are happening here, and i hope to become a long time and constructive member and hope to get to know you guys better. I'd love to collaborate with anyone on just about anything. I just bought FL a week ago, i'm picking up EWQL Orchestra Silver in about a month, I have vanguard. hope to see you guys soon.

and with that, he's more well-equipped than me =) welcome aboard! when you're ready to go, contact me and maybe i can give you a hand.

Hi, I'm a 21 year old female sitting here in California. I've had a long interest in music and sound (no thanks to a dad who has a giant discography of sound and who builds his own speakers =D ) and have been using FL Studio since version 5.

I haven't done a lot (if any decent) original work, but I'm trying to improve and release something I feel comfortable with.

Well, I hope I enjoy my stay here. ^^

Well, after grabbing music from here for the past 4 years and lurking on the facegroup group for the past few months, I finally decided to reg an accout from my phone. So yay. 've been listening to game music since almost right after I received Link's Awakening way back in 93. Ah, well, to good times!

Howdy.

I've first come into contact with OC ReMix when I somehow read a newspost about VotL. I was really impressed by the album and have been around here as a lurker ever since, checking out the other albums, looking for new albums, listening lots of ReMixes and discovering who is who around here.

So now I've decided to become little more active in the OC ReMix community. I'm also playing a bit with creating ReMixes, though it will take a while until I'll actually learn to produce something that most people here would want to listen to... :razz:

I'm a developer/programmer and have very little experience in producing music. Not that I don't know anything about music (I did have basic music lessons so I can read notes, etc, albeit with difficulty...), but I don't play any instruments, nor do I have any experience with software like QBase/FL/etc.

Right now I'm fiddling with LMMS (http://lmms.sourceforge.net/) which is very basic but it runs on Linux (my primary platform) and is easy to learn. So someday perhaps something good will come out of it. ;-)

So a big hello to everybody! And everyone responsible, congratulations with this wonderful community and keep on going!

...So I've been lurking here so long I can't even say. I've been anonymously downloading music for years now, but I've never had any contact with the OCRemix community, it seems. After discovering that OCR has a TF2 server and playing there with some members of the community, I've decided maybe I can change that.

I can't remix, and I'm unfamiliar with the terminology people use in reviews. I'm fairly experienced in music, however, and I have a synthesizer -- just no idea how to use it. ^_^;;

In any case, uh. Hi. You guys are awesome.

Hey guys

I'm brand new here. Name's Doni. I'm a producer/DJ and to be honest game music has been probably my biggest influence. Megaman 2 + 3, Chrono trigger, final fantasy, soul blazer, earth bound, and more recently Okami.... it's all classic stuff. Actually game music today is mostly just garbage compared to what it used to be even considering the huge technological gap.

Just wanted to say whats up and I love what you are doing here. I've actually just completed my first remix of a track called "Ode to Lisa" from Soul Blazer for the SNES and I'm going to be submitting it soon. If you want you can check it on my myspace, it's pretty cool :)

Increase the peace

Doni

Hey all! I was very into video game music through high school and college when I stumbled upon Relics of the Chozo back in 2003. I fell in love with this web site and all the great mixes. Fast forward through 5 years and 2 bands, I am thrilled to be back. This time I'll be throwing my hat into the ring with some IDM/Industrial/Alt. rock influences. Here's a sampling of some recent original work: http://www.virb.com/wallonia.

I'm very much looking forward to meeting, learning from and working with all of you!

Hey all! I was very into video game music through high school and college when I stumbled upon Relics of the Chozo back in 2003. I fell in love with this web site and all the great mixes. Fast forward through 5 years and 2 bands, I am thrilled to be back. This time I'll be throwing my hat into the ring with some IDM/Industrial/Alt. rock influences. Here's a sampling of some recent original work: http://www.virb.com/wallonia.

I'm very much looking forward to meeting, learning from and working with all of you!

Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to hearing some of your work in the future. :nicework:

Hey! I'm also new to the site, Names Justin, 21 yrs old, having grown up playing games like Mega Man 3 and Bionic Commando i have always had a passion for video game music, years ago i stumbled upon a Scott Peeples, Castlevania : Wicked Orchestra OC remix and loved it, the years have passed and today i found this site and put the pieces together, for the past several months i've actually been thinking about trying out some work with some composing and remixing, trying it out to see if i like it, but i'm very excited to get started. Hopefully i'll be able to benefit your community here.

Hows it going all? Names brian, been in the army infantry for the past few years. I used to be a member of this site many years ago with my friend avien (aka chris powell), finally back to what I love : music. Looks like things are going well here! Anyway, I'm 23 and currently reside at FT. Drum NY. Here in a few months I'll be out of the army and pursuing college full time again. Im quiet by nature, but will reply if someone wishes to talk :D

Good to be home.