The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hows it going all? Names brian, been in the army infantry for the past few years. I used to be a member of this site many years ago with my friend avien (aka chris powell), finally back to what I love : music. Looks like things are going well here! Anyway, I'm 23 and currently reside at FT. Drum NY. Here in a few months I'll be out of the army and pursuing college full time again. Im quiet by nature, but will reply if someone wishes to talk :D

Good to be home.

you knew avien? that's awesome. not many people around here knew him.

welcome in!

Knew him very well actually. We were best buds for many years. I remember being here as well, we used to talk about it all the time in fact. I was hoping there were more who were still a part of this community that have spoken with him, but people move on and things change, cant stop life. The part of the reason I'm back here is to start remixing again, but I think the larger majority of it is so I can put together an album for his family. But I'm not talking his work, they have that. Rather remixes done in his memory, of games that he loved. But I digress and thats on another thread all together.

Thanks for the welcome and I'm glad to see someone who (may have) knew him.

Hey all. I just decided recently that my goal is to some day compose video game music professionally, and I was referred here by someone on gamefaqs.com.

I am 19 years old and a pretty accomplished clarinet player. I study music at the University of Vermont and am about to start my fourth semester. I enjoy competitive ultimate frisbee.

Some of my favorite games musically:

Double Dragon (NES)

The Legend of Zelda: ALttP (SNES)

Super Mario World (SNES)

Paper Mario (N64)

Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

Curse of Monkey Island (PC)

Grim Fandango (PC)

Warcraft II (PC)

My current goals (starting small!) are to get proficient at piano, and purchase/acquire/become proficient at Sibelius, Protools, etc, and to get my MIDI controller to work (DAMN YOU WINDOWS VISTA DAMN YOOOOU) I also need to work on ear training, hearing chords/melodies, dictation etc.

If anyone has advice on how I should start getting acquainted with this site or other advice, I would very much appreciate it. I look forward to meeting you all!

Peace and love

hey, i play ultimate out at ithaca college.

sibelius is a good choice, but unless you'll be doing everything live you should start with a program like FL studio, sonar, or logic. protools is great in a recording setup, but there's more functionality in a more basic daw. and it's cheaper, by a lot.

Wow, your not terribly from me, i'm up in watertown.

Herro everyone!

Looooong time lurker here. When I found OCRemix BigShellWestBristol was on the main page. I've checked out the forums from time to time, but mostly just the Judge's Decisions board. However, after attending MAGfest and seeing how great the community here is, I've decided to get involved on the forums. :)

I'm a physics student at UNC Charlotte. I love board games, video games, and music. I "play" guitar and bass, by which I mean I'm better than just playing Smoke On The Water, but I'm not even half a SnappleMan. :-D In terms of remixing, I don't really have any experience. I got form-lettered back in '04 for some crappy thing I did in Project 5. I'd love to get better though, so expect to see me hanging around the WIP boards!

Anywho, nice to meet you all!

Hello everyone!

I just joined today, though I've been a fan of the site for a few months now. I figured I'd join the community, see what I could do to contribute to the site.

I'm pretty much a nerd, and video games and music are my two biggest hobbies.

When it comes to video games, I suppose I like RPG's the best, but I like strategy and puzzle games as well. And I can't pass up a good platformer, even if there aren't that many around anymore. My favorite games include stuff like Legend of Mana, Okami, and Lost Odyssey (by the way, someone needs to remix some of that;-)), to Super Mario Galaxy, Tetris, Portal, and Myst.

I have an N64, DS, Wii, PS2, 360, and a decent computer.

I like both listening to and playing music. I play flute and piano, but I play the former somewhat better I think. I'm not incredibly technic either, mostly relying on tone to get a good chair in orchestra. :razz:

I have always loved synthesizers, though I've got no access to one of my own. Coming to this site sparked an interest in digital music, so maybe someday I'll learn to remix... We'll see how that pans out.

Anyway, after my long-winded introduction, I think I'm ready to start poking around a bit.

See you guys!

Hey~ ^^

my name is Belly and I'm 22. I live in germany so probably my english may be not that good.

I love to play the piano and I'm also taking singing lessons for three months now.

I work as a voice actress and I really love this job ♥

A couple of years ago, I started to translate japanese anime openings into german.

Please take a look at my youtube channel if you want to hear some of my work.

I joined the board here cause I wanted to contact Joe Redifer.

I really like his 'ROBOVoice' Remix and I thought about making a german version of his remix : D

But that wasn't the only reason for me to register I really like a lot of remixes here.

Keep it up guys!

I've had a long interest in music and sound (no thanks to a dad who has a giant discography of sound and who builds his own speakers =D )

No thanks to him? You should learn from him. My ex's dad was the exact same way. I miss his knowledge the most.

Hi everyone!

I've been downloading songs from OC Remix since 2001, went away from the site for a while, and now I've rediscovered it. I love hearing all the unique arrangements that people can put to some of my favorite game music, even if not all of them are my cup of tea.

My favorite series/games include Mario, Zelda, Katamari, Phoenix Wright, Kirby, the Smash Bros. games, and recently, Chrono Trigger. I've been gaming for a long time (I still have my original NES, and it still works!) and I like both new and old-school games. I joined this site to add some reviews of my favorite remixes and to keep up with the community.

I play piano (although I haven't in years) and I love to sing. I'm looking forward to meeting members of the community here. :)

Howdy there, just another Newcomer to enter the fray! I've been a massive man of OCreMix for quite some time now, I first found out about some of your remix's via lastfm I started listening to the Video Games Music station a few months back and soon realised "Boy these OC people do some good stuff" and from them on I've got a few of your packages(FFVII and Chrono Trigger symphany included)

Although currently taking a course in Video Games Development, I realise that alot of my friends had little no realisation of how music was made. Now I've always had a keen ear for music and decided that it could help me prehaps when coming up with my own game concepts if I start to look in music, how its made and what makes a good track and improving on my own knowledge of music(While having a few laughs along the way)

I'm currently a newbie at remixing and making music so I'll look around as I'm sure there is a few helpful topics already posted for that kind of thing. However if anyone could suggest a good newbie friendly program for me to look into that would greatly help me :)

Anyway enough about my quest for music for now, abit about me I suppose. Well I'm currently 18 years old and a Student of video games(as already mentioned) with of course a big passion for games and music in games. (Old to new, from the beeps of pong to full scale symphonys) As for my own music tastes, well I'm somewhat of an Early eighties thrash fan(Metallica in the early days, Anthrax, Megadeth and many more) although I happen to like most types of metal music bar most death metal. I like to play my bass guitar(Just started a month back but getting better) and enjoying the odd beer or twenty.

Anyway enough of that for now! I'll whip myself up a signature/avatar in photoshop and hope to get to know you all soon!

Long Story Behind the Name.

Anyway The Name OCR was being tossed around the internet and I took no notice of it. It wasn't uuntil I heared what you guys can do for myself that got interested. I listened to Storm in the Desert by Tyler Heath on a video on youtube and decided I had to have a download. That led me here. Now I am addicted.

Im an A level Student from The Rhondda Valley's in Wales. I'm studying English, Media, Drama and inevitably, Music. I play Several types of Flute and have just started on the Piano.

Im an unashamed nintendo fanboy.

And While i may not really be up to much writing remixes, unless I can get some software, I really do appreciate all that goes on here.

Greetings OCR! I've been a major fan of this site for quite some time now and have finally decided to join the community. I would call myself a novice mixer hoping to progress my skills in music-making, and what better way than using the video game music I love? If you have any questions about what my music tastes and abilities are, feel free to ask!

Hey, OCR. I've been a long-time lurker (since late '04 or early '05) and registered in '06 under the name Artemis Winter. I just recently did a collaboration with Xaleph over at AnimeRemix and decided to pay a visit back to my roots; so I made a new account under the standard name I go by and release under.

I'm a vocalist rather than a remixer, happy to work with anyone with good ideas, and looking forward to lurking a little less lurk-tastically these days. :P

This song was officially released recently ( http://www.animeremix.org/remix/96/ ). Lira provided some amazing vocals, it's good to see she came back to visit ocremix. (Apologies for IE users, patch will be incoming to fix some formatting issues).