The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Afternoon, everyone!

Another n00b here, though only by my registry date. I have frequented this site to download music for AGES, but have just never bothered to register on the boards until now.

Anyway, nice to be here!

Welcome.

Yes, welcome. Trust me, once you get to know people here, the OCR forums are a great privledge. Just stay out of un-mod :wink:

WARNING! INFORMATION OVERLOAD!!

Yep, I'm new here. Hi.

I actually had a previous account called just "Uboichi"... but something went completely wrong with that.. So thats why there's a 2

Welcome!

Please read through the Newbie/Tech help forum before posting in the other forums.

What is "GenDisc"?

It is the General Discussion forum (now just the "General" forum). It is the primary forum on OCR and the most recently posted in threads there are displayed on the front page. The forum is moderated, but not too heavily (you don't need to censor your language).

Just FYI, this wasn't just in response to you, but to anyone else who is interested.

Just read through the newb/tech help forum, and try not to make any topics like "OMG CLOUD FROM FF7 IS SECKZY!!!1" and you'll be JUST fine.

Some people never learn this though.

Like Little Johnny Urine. Watch out for him. Can't spell even if his life was on the line. I say we nuke him, and get it over with.

I'm new here, (duh) and just wanted to say "hi". Hi. I've been downloading Remixes for a long time, and love them a lot. I'm a musician and a gamer. It's all I do, and I don't know anyone that plays more games than me. I like writing and want to be a writer someday. I've ben to a ton of other forums, and all of them for long periods of time, so I'm not really a newb. I'm not like those annoying newbs that spam and place the same thread everywhere in the forums. When you see me you're not like, "Woah. That guy's annoying." I get GI magazine, and have been subscribed to it for a year. I hope to have fun at these forums, and make people laugh with all my stupidities.

Just read through the newb/tech help forum, and try not to make any topics like "OMG CLOUD FROM FF7 IS SECKZY!!!1" and you'll be JUST fine.

Like Little Johnny Urine. Watch out for him. Can't spell even if his life was on the line. I say we nuke him, and get it over with.

Also, don't bother making a comment about LJU's typing if you do go to Unmod. It's all been said before.

Yes, it looks as if he is drunk when he types, yes, his sigs are vulgar, no, he is not stupid. Anyways, it should be noted, that sarcasm is used a lot in UnMod. Get good at recognizing it, not that it's very difficult to do so, but every now and then, someone will become deeply offended at another's sarcastic remarks, and making a big deal out of it just marks you as an easy target.

Oh, and welcome nooblets. :wink:

Hmmm, I really wanted to avoid saying anything in this thread, but I suppose this is a fairly decent way of introducing myself and a convenient excuse to explain the genius behind why I'm here, so...what the hell?

So hey. Really, the only reason I registered is because when I would read these things, people would get concerned. So concerned, in fact, that they would bribe me to stop. Of course, in time they began to stop bribing me, so I'm stepping it up and posting now. Yesss, now bring on the bitc...umm, nevermind. Let's just say they aren't bribing me with ice cream. Hmmm, what else should I mention....oh yesss, I completely forgot. I write music and plan to be remixing soon, so hopefully you'll be able to hear some of my work within the next couple months.

Well, that about covers everything. G'nite, whippersnappers...

Alrighty then, I go by the Gold Dragon of Twilight (Its in Jap.), and I suppose that I should post here to ensure that my already fragile personality isn't further crushed by my lack of competence... Oh well... This is the first time I have ever [EVER!!!] used a forum in my life, and I was hoping I could at least come here to share my time with some fellow video game enthusiasts. I am completely clueless on a lot of the abbreviations that are used freely around here, like the "pwed" that was in response to my first post. Is there any def of the thing, and I have used a search engine and get some kind of government bill... I dunno...

I guess I'm obligated to talk a little about myself as well. As you can see from my sig, I am a perspective concept designer for video games, and am presently in college to pursue my lifelong dream of creating them myself. I come to the forums to look for the present consumer outlook and see what people want and don't want in a game nowadays. I was first into'ed to OCRemix by Terra in Black, and now I come back on a regular basis for inspiration (Thank you Beatmainia 2DX 'Kick your A' and Wild Arms 'Not Alone in the World' for inspiring C.O.P.E.) Presently I am here to find a way to manipulate the course of forum conversations to further my market research of those who actually play games. Hardcore Gamers like myself...

Which brings me to a question. Would anyone know where or if I should post a topic on the current state of Japan? I know that some of the members here have to be from Japan or at least visited before, and I want to know what its like to live there from a natural source... I can get plenty of technical stuff from the net, but I want personal Exp. and real opinions. Its needed for a work I have in progress... I have no pen pals, I fear chat rooms like the plague, and I missed my chance to go there myself my Junior Year of HS over a stupid Passport!!! But anyways, does it belong under politics and economy or is that a General type message?

And to conclude (DANG! Every Time he Writes it's a BOOK!!) I'd just like to say:

1. I'm just about as Anti-American as a person in the Marines can be... (He's not in the Military, he just grew up with a bunch of Jar-Heads)

2. I'm just about as black as Vanilla Ice cruisin' down MLK Blvd. in a Caddy with Hydrolics. (Give it up man, now you're trying too hard...)

3. I'm obsessed about video games, and I hope that with positive input from others on this forum, I can help make someone's console dream become a reality. (Man, you were just saying that so you could have a round three remarks)

And finally, the person in the Parentheses is usually Mike... He'll keep us on the same page when necessary.

© 2004. Why Is He Still Writing! Publishing Co.

Alrighty then, I go by the Gold Dragon of Twilight (Its in Jap.), and I suppose that I should post here to ensure that my already fragile personality isn't further crushed by my lack of competence... Oh well... This is the first time I have ever [EVER!!!] used a forum in my life, and I was hoping I could at least come here to share my time with some fellow video game enthusiasts. I am completely clueless on a lot of the abbreviations that are used freely around here, like the "pwed" that was in response to my first post. Is there any def of the thing, and I have used a search engine and get some kind of government bill... I dunno...

I guess I'm obligated to talk a little about myself as well. As you can see from my sig, I am a perspective concept designer for video games, and am presently in college to pursue my lifelong dream of creating them myself. I come to the forums to look for the present consumer outlook and see what people want and don't want in a game nowadays. I was first into'ed to OCRemix by Terra in Black, and now I come back on a regular basis for inspiration (Thank you Beatmainia 2DX 'Kick your A' and Wild Arms 'Not Alone in the World' for inspiring C.O.P.E.) Presently I am here to find a way to manipulate the course of forum conversations to further my market research of those who actually play games. Hardcore Gamers like myself...

Which brings me to a question. Would anyone know where or if I should post a topic on the current state of Japan? I know that some of the members here have to be from Japan or at least visited before, and I want to know what its like to live there from a natural source... I can get plenty of technical stuff from the net, but I want personal Exp. and real opinions. Its needed for a work I have in progress... I have no pen pals, I fear chat rooms like the plague, and I missed my chance to go there myself my Junior Year of HS over a stupid Passport!!! But anyways, does it belong under politics and economy or is that a General type message?

And to conclude (DANG! Every Time he Writes it's a BOOK!!) I'd just like to say:

1. I'm just about as Anti-American as a person in the Marines can be... (He's not in the Military, he just grew up with a bunch of Jar-Heads)

2. I'm just about as black as Vanilla Ice cruisin' down MLK Blvd. in a Caddy with Hydrolics. (Give it up man, now you're trying too hard...)

3. I'm obsessed about video games, and I hope that with positive input from others on this forum, I can help make someone's console dream become a reality. (Man, you were just saying that so you could have a round three remarks)

And finally, the person in the Parentheses is usually Mike... He'll keep us on the same page when necessary.

© 2004. Why Is He Still Writing! Publishing Co.

Welcome.

Hint for all you newbs.. Read through as many of OmegaX800's posts as you can. It's a perfect guide for how not to act on OCR. If you can't read through them all due to the sheer stupidity of them, don't fret, you'll do just fine here :wink:

Oh and welcome all newcomers.