The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

My post count is higher than yours, therefore I am immune to that $100 charge. Now, give me $5

You would place something as trivial and meaningless as a post count above custom, something sacred which has lasted throughout the ages? Hmmm...tsk tsk tsk, bad priorities, but if I must give in then I must...I shipped the $5 using UPS, but unfortunately most of that was spent on packaging and shipping....but really, enjoy your 29 cents.

Some insight: I worked for UPS for awhile, don't be expecting that package for a long, long time...

Hi. Yeah, so, about me.. I'm a newbie, but I posted a bit on the Politics, Philosophy, and Religion board before realizing there was a board for newbies. Hopefully I won't stick around too long; I enjoyed the heated discussion back there..

Actually, everything needed to know about me is in my profile, and you can find out everything else yourselves as we go.

EDIT: Check out the Philosophy board.

Hi. Yeah, so, about me.. I'm a newbie, but I posted a bit on the Politics, Philosophy, and Religion board before realizing there was a board for newbies. Hopefully I won't stick around too long; I enjoyed the heated discussion back there..

Actually, everything needed to know about me is in my profile, and you can find out everything else yourselves as we go.

EDIT: Check out the Philosophy board.

Welcome to OCR.

]I'm a moderator. Unmod(Short for Unmoderated) is one of those places where I have no power. That's why I wouldn't be able to clean up anything there(But we have DJP to do that in case it's needed)

Who else are mods (You, GrayLightning, djp, Xelebes, Joe Redifer(?); Are there more)? I can't tell anymore 'cause nobody has those "Moderator" name tags below the post-count rank anymore.

]I'm a moderator. Unmod(Short for Unmoderated) is one of those places where I have no power. That's why I wouldn't be able to clean up anything there(But we have DJP to do that in case it's needed)

Who else are mods (You, GrayLightning, djp, Xelebes, Joe Redifer(?); Are there more)? I can't tell anymore 'cause nobody has those "Moderator" name tags below the post-count rank anymore.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/groupcp.php?g=4

That should help you. DJP is actually the forum admin, he has even more powers.

]

Hey Smoke, since I know it's going to be asked anyway. Fill us in on how you went about becoming a moderator? Is it possible for anyone else to become a moderator the way you did?

(I have the feeling this question is what SILVERWOLF was getting at, so I thought I'd not beat around the bush and just flat out ask)

(Oh, and I'm guessing that there isn't really a need for more moderators anyway, but please fill us in despite that fact)

]

Hey Smoke, since I know it's going to be asked anyway. Fill us in on how you went about becoming a moderator? Is it possible for anyone else to become a moderator the way you did?

(I have the feeling this question is what SILVERWOLF was getting at, so I thought I'd not beat around the bush and just flat out ask)

(Oh, and I'm guessing that there isn't really a need for more moderators anyway, but please fill us in despite that fact)

It's a secret to everybody. Although I was just asked if I'd be interested, and said yes.

I have a question; if I want to post a topic about tips for dating (involving no sexuality or dirty talk), where would it go?

I was thinking Unmod, but I was afraid it might go where I don't want to go...

If you put it in UnMod, it will most likely end up involving sexuality and dirty talk. Your best bet would be to put it in General. If it starts to get inappropriate (which isn't too likely to happen in General), the moderators will move it to UnMod.