The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

I have a question; if I want to post a topic about tips for dating (involving no sexuality or dirty talk), where would it go?

I was thinking Unmod, but I was afraid it might go where I don't want to go...

You're asking a bunch of people that listen to video-game music about dating tips? Well, all I can say is "Good Luck" :lol: .

SOME PEOPLE here are actually incredibly talented when it comes to the ladies...

Hello Hello. Figured I'd make the usual "OMG HELO IM A NEWB" post before hitting the boards. I'm usually called A.I. for short, and I'm a frequenter/mod at VGF message boards. I'm into industrial and hardcore techno/d&b along with a good helping of trance and triphop. Well, be seeing everyone around. Here's to hopes that I manage to both stay and not suck too hard.

"OMG HELO IM A NEWB"

As am I, well, here anyway, i got tired of my friends boards, because they always go belly up, even when they have the coolest people on them, so i figured why not here? I've been listening to OCR for a couple of years, and I've been known to practically live on message boards, so its sorta a match made in...well whatever you happen to believe in.

Sure thing. Shane's the man.

His response:

Wasn't Smoke one of the evil guys?

He DOES remember me! :)

Ask him for the zlda.com story and he'll explain. Keep in mind that I was on the zlda.com side though, so it looked different from our perspective.

And mention superbard.com as well ;).

"OMG HELO IM A NEWB"

As am I, well, here anyway, i got tired of my friends boards, because they always go belly up, even when they have the coolest people on them, so i figured why not here? I've been listening to OCR for a couple of years, and I've been known to practically live on message boards, so its sorta a match made in...well whatever you happen to believe in.

Hi Nathonix how are you? :D Welcome to the OCR forums!

You're going to love it here and will never want to leave... ever.... indifferent.gif

Hello everyone. I'm Tyler, and I've been addicted to this site for some time now.

Chorus: Hello Tyler.

I'm a lifelong and avid gamer from the Northwest, and I just felt it was time I start contributing to this site in a siginificant way. I'm a sophomore in college working toward a degree in journalism, but my true passions are music and gaming. I guess this site fits me perfectly. After hearing some remixes for the first time, I said to myself, "man, I wanna be able to do THAT!" (goat's Purple Heart, etc. :) ) So I've recently been toying around with Reason and FL, but to be honest, I'm confused as hell and have NO IDEA how music of such high caliber is produced from said software. I suppose it'll come in time...if anyone is willing to work with an extreme newbie, feel free to IM me or drop me a line (or I suppose you could just reply on this thred...)

Anyway, that's me.

Hello.I am Ashley. I am married and have a baby named Zackery.I work at wal-mart in the deli area making chicken and stuff.

I thought i would sign up for the forum so i can make my wonderful husband happy.He is oO0Phoenix0Oo on here. I wouldn't mind sharing useless information with you people.

Hi TigerPhoenix21 welcome to OCR thumb.gif

Hello, I'm new to the boards, but not so new to the site. You may not know me from NR2k3 (rsnake53 or AOD_rsnake53) or from Tribes (Derbyman).

I recently saw a post about a racing league that OCR has. Since some of you guys race, I would like to ask the site owner and the makers of the logos a question. Since I have no clue who those people are, I'm going to ask you, the OCR people, who they are. I guess you could PM me, email me (tmwde3@yahoo.com) or IM me (rsnake54).

Thanks,

Derb

I recently saw a post about a racing league that OCR has. Since some of you guys race, I would like to ask the site owner and the makers of the logos a question. Since I have no clue who those people are, I'm going to ask you, the OCR people, who they are. I guess you could PM me, email me (tmwde3@yahoo.com) or IM me (rsnake54).

Thanks,

Derb

Well, I don't know if this has been taken care of yet.

The racing thing you saw was the UnMod racing series, being played on KyleJCRB's computer, on some racing game. COMPLETELY unrelated to the site.

No it wasn't taken care of, and thank you for clearing that up for me. :)

How's it going?

Oh I'm fine thanks.

My Real name is Daniel Evan Wilke Koos.

I was born 11:59pm, April 12, 1986.

And That's when the trouble Began....

I currently reside in Burlington, Ontario...

In Canada!

Sorry.

I am a bit patriotic, but let's not get into politics.

So... a bit about me...

I am a big fan of both electronic and classical music, and obviously video games.

I Have without a doubt a "unique" personality. i am an avid reader and chess player.

I am also co-captain of my school's trivia team, and i sing bass in the choir.

I have a weird/special(the kind that's ride's the small bus)/unique sense of humour, and to illustrate that.. My three favourite comedians are Levi Mcdougall, Emo Phillips, Brian Regan, and favourite group: Monty Python. :lol:

I love Comic Books. My father is a Priest in the new apostolic church. I work a little Caesar’s. 100 percent German heritage.

Personal Problems: ADHD, Epilepsy, and some other stuff :cry:

OK. That is a start

I came into this forum to learn. Any one seen the Karate Kid? Well I am here to play the "Daniel-san" to you're "sensei". I know very little about both the culture and technology surrounding Electronica and Techno. So as I said, I came here to learn, and have fun.

thanks for reading. :)

P.S. Is there an ass kissing forum? i did not mention my favourite mixes or mixers but have a lot of compliments to give out... oh well... wait... here i go anyway.

YOU ALL ROCK!!!!

adios

Hey all. Black Mage here, first time poster, long time listener.

A friend of mise first turned me on to OCR a couple of years ago and I've been downloading ever since.

My fav mixes tend to be of the orchestral genre, though I don't limit myself. I recently found the Relics of the Chozo and it utterly blew me away! I've burnt it to audio cd and even went so far as to make a complete cd case of it (I'll post the pics sometime soon). Then last night I saw the announcement of the completion of Kong in Concert, I downloaded the first song, and once again it blew me away. So I took advantage of the campus' uber download speeds to download the rest of the project this morning. I can't wait to get home and listen to the whole thing. This will also give me another excuse to design another cd cover/case.

I'm gonna stop babbling now, so I hope to get to know everyone in the forums.

BM

Hi everyone!

My name's Ryan Thompson, and I'm a 19 year old music major (vocal performance and composition) at Iowa State University. I first visited the website around 3 years ago when one of my friends told me something he did got put up on the site.

My voice is definitely the number one thing that gets me through the day...I'm always singing something, in whatever octave. I've a range <ego> from low F on bottom of the bass clef to high G on top of the treble </ego>

I've always wanted to arrange things, but never had good enough equipment/technical skills. A year of college as a computer science major (yuck) has changed that, and I hope to eventually have time to remix something of my own.

Anyway, thanks to DarkCecil13 for getting me started here (really, thanks to both of the Mruzik guys for getting me to think about changing my major).