The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Ello all,

I've made a brief introduction of myself in the WIP forum, but I'll just say another quick hello here. Been surfing here for a couple of years now, and am muchly impressed with some of the music here. In fact some of my influences come from OCR artists. :D Hopefully my music'll be able to improve with help and feedback from fellow artists.

There's no way to get your own avatar on the site, you're stuck with the pre-selected ones. There are a few reasons for this, such as more control over what's shown, bandwidth issues for other sites and size issues causing the image to be resized or having the ability to warp the tables.

There's been topics about it before, we don't mind them.

I'd think this would be a good addendum for the first page newbie guides because a few of them are trying to step up to the loud-mouthed people:

- Don't try to argue with Nekofrog, you'll waste your time. He knows every cop-out insult in the book. Don't try to question his hipocrisy either.

- Firedrake plays the skin flute to the tag every night. That's just his writing style.

I'd think this would be a good addendum for the first page newbie guides because a few of them are trying to step up to the loud-mouthed people:

- Don't try to argue with Nekofrog, you'll waste your time. He knows every cop-out insult in the book. Don't try to question his hipocrisy either.

Meh, I’ve been gone for a little while and have just returned and although I post very infrequently my brief observations of this “Neko” fellow seems to be of just your average troll. It’s been said a million times to just ignore such individuals but people never seem to get the hint. Where there are forums there will be trolls, that’s just something we will all have to deal with.

I suppose I could add a bit about not responding or encouraging such behaviours by refusing to respond to nonsense posts or topics rather than single out a certain individual. When Neko is gone another will take his place.

Well hello all, the name's Thom Serveaux((pronounced Ta-hom Ser-vo)) and when I'm not here enjoying the tunes, I'm usually engaged in my two other obsesions, anime & MST3K ((Hence the username)) Been long enough now that I don't exactly recall just how I discovered this site, but like most of us I am extremely grateful that I did. Especially w/ Halloween coming up, I can really use some of the 'spookier' stuff as fodder for my annual outdoor display :twisted: ... BTW has anyone managed to come across a copy of the 'Killer Kuts ' CD that Nintendo put out back when they were introducing KI to the SNES? Mine must've recieved X-tra rough handling during shipment, 'cause not long after I got it, the thing like, broke in half!!! 8O:evil: Ghaaa!!!! still haven't gotten over that as you can tell....

Hello, everyone. The name's Secomb Kanzaki (not real name). Currently studying literature at New College of Florida in Sarasota, FL.

I've been here just a bit, but have been able to get along nicely (except for my faux pas-ses in lingo, seen in the FF7 sequel thread.) and was able to start up a nice topic in gendisc. yay!

but enough horn tooting...

that's my intro, anyone interested in saying hi or knowing more, than... i dunno, find me or send me a private message. ill waste your time no longer. toodles!

PS good thread! allows me to meet the newer people and really helps this nOOb. thanks!

PPS and the music rocks. my socks. all the time....

Call me Tasogare (or some version of that), and I've been listening to OC Remixes for a couple years now. I'm a teenage girl who happens to prefer talking about video games instead of hair and makeup. Long story short, I go to high school in a boring city in Northern California (boring if you've lived up here for over a decade).

My favorite songs are pretty much ANY Donkey Kong Country remix, and a lot of Chrono Trigger ones. I'm also a fan of random anime/jpop songs, as well as Linkin Park, and obviously video game music.

I hope I'm welcome in a not-so-perverted way, though I don't get much chance to go online (with school and homework and such).

Hey, name's Mitaro. I like mostly old NES/SNES games along with any (and i do mean ANY) arcade games. I am an ace in StreetFighter III :twisted: (as well as Alpha III). I want to learn to remix Sakura's theme, as well as a few songs from old NES games such as Kirby, Megaman, so on. If you are interested in talking or anything like that give me a PM. You want to know anything else about me I have yet to post?.. PM.

I hope to be of value to the forums as well as the site. See you all around

Oh yeah, forgot to mention to the newbies that I'm the guy that makes cool stuff. From Lego computer cases to sword-chucks to getting duct-taped to the wall (well, not exactly something you can make, but funny non-the-less) to The Scarlet Crusade. Just click on my sig to see my latest endeavor.

Not to mention next year I'll be taking game programming, so look forward to seeing a lot of neat projects then.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention to the newbies that I'm the guy that makes cool stuff. From Lego computer cases to sword-chucks to getting duct-taped to the wall (well, not exactly something you can make, but funny non-the-less) to The Scarlet Crusade. Just click on my sig to see my latest endeavor.

Not to mention next year I'll be taking game programming, so look forward to seeing a lot of neat projects then.

OMGPIXPLZTHX

OMGPIXPLZTHX

Pics will be posted this wednesday. Hopefully.