The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

I figured I should introduce myself or something eh. So hello OCRemix community!

I have been visiting the site for a few years now but decided to become more active. I am often inspired by the music I find here but I lack the musical talent to remix for myself at the moment. At some point in the future I would really like to pursue remixing as a hobby but for now I am involved in other things that require a lot of time and effort.

I am currently involved in a few flash projects as well as other graphics oriented projects. Hence why I say my time is currently taken up with things outside of music. I do enjoy listening to a play list of songs from here while I am working on those projects and it really helps keep me motivated and moving forward with things.

At any rate I will not babble on but wanted to say hello now that I have an account registered :)

Well, hi everyone,

I've actually been checking this site in sort of a "lurker" type way for a bit over a year now (since I saw somebody use jproject's "The Ken Song" in a wrestling music video. I kind of thought to myself at first that since I'm not actually a remixer, and am mostly just somebody who really likes and appreciates the work you guys put in, that maybe I'd be out of place. But, since everybody has generally seemed nice from what I've seen here I figured "what the heck". As for a bit about myself, I'm a 21 year old dude from the province of Ontario, I'm Straight-Edge, grew up from the SNES era, do a bit of vid-capping and video editing every now and then, played trombone in high school, and am probably the only Survivor fan around here. :razz:

I've been a fan of music in general for as long as I can remember and probably have been a fan of game music since I first heard "Corridors of Time" while playing Chrono Trigger back around 96. But hey, I'll wrap this up before I ramble anymore by saying that I just wanted to say "hi", and hopefully I can contribute to this forum, be it through reviews, opinions, or just general chat.

• 3 weeks later...

*Gulp* alrighty then...introduction time. *Breeeeeeeaaaaaaathes in*. Whew...

Hello everyone :grin:. My names Kyle and I'm (obviously) new here. I've been listening to tunes off this site for quite some time now, but now listening doesn't do everything it once did. I've just listened to some of the work off of "Summoning of Spirits", and that was the straw that made me feel like I need to tell some folks firsthand just how awesome their work is as I listen to them.

Anyways I hope to be friends with (at least) some of you as time goes on. Take care :<.

• 2 weeks later...

*Rubs back of neck* Technically I've been here since last year, but better late than never, right? :oops:

Anyways, the name's Sir_Downunder (Or just Downunder if you want) and as you guessed from the name, I'm from Australia, I'm 19, and despite having both and acoustic and electric guitar, can't play for peanuts because I wasn't consistent. I lurked this site probably for a good two years or so years before i basically said 'screw it', and decided to join up last September and haven't regretted it since.

I've been playing videogames since the SNES days (Along with an insatiable craving for Megaman X games) and had a love for music forged from doing school production after school production (with my last one being a broadway) that really kicked off in my teens (rap at first, before switching over to rock)

I'll just wrap it up before i start to really waffle on. Hopefully I'll get off my ass soon and kick myself into gear into getting some mixes on the site.

*scratches head* Where to begin... a name I guess? Okay, well, name's Jared. Call me sefirosu (Sephiroth in Japanese) or sef, for short. :oops:

Umm.. I'm 16 and live in South Carolina. I play a little acoustic and electric guitar and bass, some violin, but mostly cello. Depending on certain circumstances, I'll be up for some remix work. So if you need a cellist, lemme know!

Uh... *rubs hands together* I've been lurking the site here for about a year, downloaded Voices of the Lifestream (in case you haven't guessed, my fav. game is Final Fantasy VII), then had to get an account to share my thoughts on the songs and the awesomeness thereof.

Well, I'll cut this off here. I hope to make at least a few friends while I'm here!

Later!

Edited by sefirosu

Hello everybody!! I'm also new here, but I've already visited this great community some years ago and I'm amazed about how it has grown since then.

As you can see, I'm a mexican guy, I'm 24, I love videogames (Megaman is my favorite series :D) music and I'm a graphic designer, and I have to admit that I'm a fan of Sixto's musical work hehehe!

I'm part of a newly created group of independient artists here in Mexico, we are producing a comic (it's more like a manga, though) and we want to promote it, I was thinking about composing a musical theme for it, unfortunately, none of us know someone with great music abilities capable of make it, so I came here asking for your help, if possible...

Perhaps it's too early to ask a favor so big, but we know you can do it, if someone wants to help us, we'll be honored to give him/her credit for the work, and we'll find a way to reward this great help. You can contact me through here or via MSN.

If I need to post this request on another sub-forum with more details, please let me know.

Thanks for reading me :-P

Sooo... you moved this to a thread where people are supposed to introduce themselves but are never replied to?

That's productive.

People are replied to in this thread. This is where you say hello.

Imagine how many spam threads there would be if every new comer was allowed to make their own, "I'm new, what's up?" thread. Do read the first few posts of this thread as they will definitely help.

Hi, Seleuco. Hope you enjoy us!

Sooo... you moved this to a thread where people are supposed to introduce themselves but are never replied to?

That's productive.

Oh boy. You're going to be a fun one. :|

A thread specifically exists for people to introduce themselves. You don't get to make your own.

As for your sig question, does it really need to be asked? Just look through your forum preferences to figure out how to set up your sig. If you need a sig, just make one.

Long time downloader, first time poster.

I found out about OCRemix by going to my local laser tag arena, where they played some amazing remixes, so I thought I'd give it a try. About two years later, and I'm now posting in the forums.

I'm not a remixer, as I really don't have the technology to do that, but I would be willing to review a bit.

Hope I can fit in here!

<( ^ . ^ )>

Long time downloader, first time poster.

I found out about OCRemix by going to my local laser tag arena, where they played some amazing remixes, so I thought I'd give it a try. About two years later, and I'm now posting in the forums.

I'm not a remixer, as I really don't have the technology to do that, but I would be willing to review a bit.

Hope I can fit in here!

<( ^ . ^ )>

Welcome to the community.

Yes, reviews are appreciated don't hesitate to comment on the remixes you download.

I'm also fairly new here. I ,too, have downloaded here for a long time, but now I'm just figuring out the forum and I got to say it's a bit more confusing than other forums, but I'll get used to it, No worries.

I think I'm going to go to the request threads now XD

I'm also fairly new here. I ,too, have downloaded here for a long time, but now I'm just figuring out the forum and I got to say it's a bit more confusing than other forums, but I'll get used to it, No worries.

I think I'm going to go to the request threads now XD

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

If you haven't read the first post or 3 in this thread please do so, it should clear up a few things. If they don't, feel free to ask a question! There are plenty of people here to help.

Hi. My name's Platinum Azure. I'm new.

I'm taking a Music Through Technology class at my school. I'm hoping it, and some experimentation, will teach me all I need to know to start contributing.

I like to think I have a pretty good ear. Can't make music all that well right now, though, in spite of it.

Woo. Good times.

Okay, so I already posted here once, but then I kind of died or something. Or at any rate I stopped posting.

Now I'm here again. Hopefully I'll stick around this time!

If this constitutes spam go ahead and delete, but I wanted to re-introduce myself since it's been a while. Thanks!