The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello Everyone, my name is Peter and i am new to this site. Hmmm, a little about myself. I play Everquest on the Morell-Thule Server. I will add my magelo profiles when i get time. I am in my final year of college at the Univ. of Connecticut. Major is Human Development and Family Studies with a concentration in Family Law and Government Policy. That's about it. I am glad i found this site. Have a good day.

Yo everyone. Yet another new guy. I go by the name Wicked, as you can see. I've been hanging around OCremix since 2003 but never really cared to visit the message boards. I have enough of them bookmarked already but now that I'm half interested in remixing, I figured I might as well start participating. I'm sure everyone and their mom is interested in remixing on THIS board, though. Chances are I'll never make a remix just because I seem to have the worst grasp on all of the software. I've downloaded the demos for Fruity Loops and Reason and looked at what was there, tried messing around with it for a while but came up empty-handed. I'm planning on ordering the FL Producer's Edition when I start doing a little budget here in the next few days so maybe I'll have more luck when the SOB actually has a tutorial.

If I ever need help, I'll call on you guys. I've got some great ideas for remixes that I'd love to share with you, two in particular. I can play them in my head forever but until I learn how to get them on computer, it'll drive me nuts.

Anyway, it's a pleasure to join the site and hopefully I won't come off as a lame newb (and if I do, hopefully not for very long).

Yo everyone. Yet another new guy. I go by the name Wicked, as you can see. I've been hanging around OCremix since 2003 but never really cared to visit the message boards. I have enough of them bookmarked already but now that I'm half interested in remixing, I figured I might as well start participating. I'm sure everyone and their mom is interested in remixing on THIS board, though. Chances are I'll never make a remix just because I seem to have the worst grasp on all of the software. I've downloaded the demos for Fruity Loops and Reason and looked at what was there, tried messing around with it for a while but came up empty-handed. I'm planning on ordering the FL Producer's Edition when I start doing a little budget here in the next few days so maybe I'll have more luck when the SOB actually has a tutorial.

If I ever need help, I'll call on you guys. I've got some great ideas for remixes that I'd love to share with you, two in particular. I can play them in my head forever but until I learn how to get them on computer, it'll drive me nuts.

Anyway, it's a pleasure to join the site and hopefully I won't come off as a lame newb (and if I do, hopefully not for very long).

Welcome to the forums, Wicked. Don't forget to read (or re-read) the n00b stickies - i wouldn't want to chalk you up on my wall like the rest of them. As for software - work with it. It took me forever to get the hang of Fruity, but now i dont' even have to think to apply good effects and stuff. It comes naturally soon enough - just give it a few weeks. Ignore the stuff you're never gonna use (fruity vibrator, scratch pad, wrapper) and focus on the more important stuff, like the 303 OSC, samplers, layers, and such. Feel free to PM for any questions.

:twisted:

Hey all. I found you guys through a kazaa download :D

It's reeeealy early, so I'll just say that this site is awesome. I'm 19, and I play CounterStrike very often. I was a little suprised to not see a Darius Twin remix amongst your superb mp3 selection. Hopefully I'll be able to get myself a keyboard and contribute a little something.

Later!

Hey all. I found you guys through a kazaa download :D

It's reeeealy early, so I'll just say that this site is awesome. I'm 19, and I play CounterStrike very often. I was a little suprised to not see a Darius Twin remix amongst your superb mp3 selection. Hopefully I'll be able to get myself a keyboard and contribute a little something.

Later!

Thats the same way I found this site, welcome ^__^

Hey guys. I have been around OCremix for a while but never had the balls to register beause i saw the stuff going down in unmod. Ifeel almost cofident enuf to handle myself now but i do have a few n00b questions because i have never realy worked in any forums before.

1. how do i quote someone so there name show up instead of quote.

2. how the hell can i get rid of the sise of the thubnail on my sig?

Thanks and a pleasure to meat you all.

forgot to say Hi..

Well My name Is Sven.

I live in the Netherlands, if you don't know that place, you'll sure know my capital. 'Amsterdam' :wink:

i'm already busy with my second mix...

but it still needs a lot of work..

i'm using FL Studio 4.52..

I Love this community and I will stay here for long, that's for sure :lol:

well talk to you peepz later!!

Hi, I'm new to the boards. My name is Aaron, or barnsalot. I've been listening to the music here and reading the message boards for a while now, but have never created an account. So, I got on the computer today and made a message board account. I look forward to becoming part of the community.

w00t...finally made an account after listening to the music and browsing the boards forever. =D

Hah, now you can visit Unmod. Not that I recommend it. The stupidity seems to be running a bit high today.

And today is different......why?

The secondary accounts.

gotcha. heard some crap about that, but i feel like not getting flamed so i left it all alone.

:twisted: