The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

I suppose I should make use of this topic.

It's about high time I registered here. I've been going to this website for the longest time, and loving the remixes ever since. I've been making original music and remixes for a number of years, and for some reason, never thought to go on here and register.

I'll admit, I was intimidated, as I know my music is absolutely no where near the quality of even the moderate remixers on this website, and didn't necessarily want to feel as though I would decrease the quality of the forum by wanting critique.

But hey, you've got to start at the beginning of somewhere where the majority of users are music and audio-oriented, hmm?

So, yes. I plan on soon showing a few of my remixes on here and getting some critique, and getting to know as many of the forum members as I can!

oh yeah and i guess talk about other things in general on the other forums but that's for later

Well, I think I've been lurking here long enough to commit and write a post. Hi everybody. =)

Beyond introducing myself, I want to start off by thanking everybody who's contributed to or helped to maintain this site. For several years now, OCR has provided me with a wonderful source of consistantly quality music. I see a level of passion here that I don't see often. I'm not a musician at all - I've never written a note, nor have I tried to play an instrument. But I have a great deal of respect for people who can tell a story, or relay an emotion, or simply just have fun, all through the use of sound. The music here has been absolutely inspiring, so thanks again for this wonderful site and all the hard work you've put into it.

Hello! I live in Athens, Ga. I've been doing occasional remixes along and along, and used to frequent VGMix before it got hacked/fell into a state of disrepair. I have to admit, I was previously intimidated by the submission process here. This will be my first serious attempt at getting stuff into OC Remix. I'm really looking forward to taking advantage of the wealth of advice and criticism available in these forums and hopefully giving back with my own information [poor though it may be].

Hey! Used to hang around this site for quite a while but never got around to registering.

(Wish I did earlier. Had I known earlier, I would have paid my respects to Reuben a while ago ;.;)

Anyway, the reason I did register is to show everyone here at OCRemix a tribute to the Summoning of Spirits project with this.

http://burnedkirby.deviantart.com/art/AS3-Visualizer-Tribute-SoS-125186521

{Featuring Sixto Sounds' "Go the Distance (I'll Go)"}

Hope you guys enjoy!

Good evening OCR.

I'm Count Veizatun II. I'm an avid listener of OCR so it was high time for me to join(Well I joined a while ago but haven't posted until now because of school) But i'm here now, and that's what's important. I'm big into cartooning and such, but i'm also trying to compose music for my own youtube series.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TransfatylvaniaFilms

I suck at animating as of yet, but in the meantime i got puppets. Because everything is better with puppets. One thing to note about me however...and this might shock some of you...or not, is that I DESPISE Anime! So if I ever post my artwork here be prepared to see you're favorite anime characters being blown to bits by a legally retarded communist dictator. FYI I'm not prejudice...I hate all anime equally, so don't worry about a thing. So with that in mind I look forward to getting to know all of you. cheerio.

Hi, I'm Paradigm. I discovered this site a few days ago. I had always seen songs all over the internet with the OC ReMix tag on them, but thought it was just an umbrella term. Much to my surprise it's an actual site based on music, and video game music, no less!

I'm a jazz trombonist and bandleader myself and I hope to make lots of submissions- that is, when I find some recording equipment that doesn't amount to a Rosetta Stone mic in my bedroom. If you're interested in my help I'd be happy to provide recordings if you think you can somehow improve the quality of my recordings and find a way to compensate for how dead my room is.

Herro, as you can see just a bit above me my names shasticusus. I enjoy music and wanna know how to remix it but vaguely know where to begin. Once i DO figure out how though I'll most likely put them here if at all possible.

I plan on doing some lurkin' around soon to find a guide or something on remixing stuff. If any of you could get back to me on how to it would be much appreciated! =D

My name is Aaron. I've been checking out OCR since it's inception. Been a long time listener and I have always loved the place. I've no idea why it took me so long to join the forums... always got sidetracked by other things I guess. But it's good to be here. I like what I've seen of the community and hope to become a part of it.

One question I have is what, if any, worth does having vocal skills do here? I've always thought it would be cool to try to collaborate with someone that needed a male vocalist for their songs. I can't play any instruments and I have never used any remixing platforms, but I do have a good voice. Regrettably, I have no proof of that online as of yet, but I will put something up at some point. So, if anyone ever needs a male singer, let me know and I'll try to work something out.

Thanks for reading my dull intro. :P Hope to make a lot of friends here.

-Aaron

You can change your font color at the top of the text box. :)

As for my voice, I was a Tenor 1 that could dip down to baritone, so I have decent range. I'm not the greatest at sight reading, but once I get hold of a tone I can follow it easily.

Good to know, though, that I would not be shunned just because I'm not an actual remixer.

he was commenting on the fact that no one (except for wacky, once and a while) uses font colors since they're a little five years ago.

you should get into barbershopping, like some of the other guys on this site (escariot). best way to improve your voice.

contribute to the site in the form of posts and stuff in general, and put that you're a singer in your sig. the best way to get collab requests is to be known for what you do - that's where i get all mine, i'm one of the better sax players on the site and have a couple remixes to prove it. fishy's known for being a guitar shredder, pixie's known for melting 16-year-old boy's ears off...you get the picture.

another way is to pop into projects and volunteer your abilities for anyone who needs them. i know lufia's getting off the ground, and link's awakening and super dodgeball are still chugging along.

he was commenting on the fact that no one (except for wacky, once and a while) uses font colors since they're a little five years ago.

Ah, right... guess it's just a thing I do. Nothing special meant by it. :D

I have barbershopped a bit, but it's been a couple of years. It was a lot of fun though. I'm trying to get involved in a community choir but I haven't had much time as of late. Hopefully I'll get the chance soon. And yes, I know all about pixie. Well, her songs anyway. She's a great vocalist, someone I admire, along with Injury, Star Salzman and whomever the singer is for Game Over. I like your stuff too. I've been a Super Dodge Ball Fan since I first had a Nintendo. Great fun game and excellent music. Were you also involved in NBNG?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be sure to use them.

Edited by Darth Magus

Hey there the name is Tmansdc (tman for short) and i have been downloading/browsing ocr since 2004. First ever remix I downloaded was darkesword's reich lake and been checking this place out ever since.

I've downloaded about 400 remixes, downloaded some of both ssf2t albums, some of kong in concert, some of chrono symphonic, kirby, radical dreamers, and all of the sonic 2 and 3 and knuckles project albums.

Just saying hi and that hopefully when i get a great laptop later in the year (when win7 comes installed) and get regular internet access again in march. I'll try my hand at remixin. until then, later.

BTW, i'll add twitter/myspace/facebook link/profile, avatar, sig, etc. later on probably thursday. Well maybe not a sig I don't have any good ones.

Edited by Tmansdc
added the last sentence/paragraph

Hi, I'm Damileth ((real name's somewhere on my profile or whatever x_x)) I'm not really super new to ocremix, about a few years ago I stumbled upon the godly list/torrent that had over 1000 songs of video game remixs, many I still listen to today... but i've never actually stepped in.

Bunch of stuff is going on in my life right now.. and i'm slowly turning back to an old passion of mine that i've unfortantly slipped out of in the past 3-4 years. Music. I'm trying to teahc myself the piano, I need to start playing my sax some more... and I kinda wanna learn the guitar some more, but I just don't know where to start... so much other stuff I want to do too... but I need to take it in time.

Anyway... i'll probably lurk around abit... see if I can get any tips/pointers for doing any of what I mentioned above... and maybe get into the ReMix'ing part of this community. ((still have no idea what kind of synth or equalizer program to get in the first place, but i'll cross that bridge when it comes XD))

anyway... hi.. and.. yeah *fidgets*