The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

...hi, I'm ÆI, or Andi...or ÆI. if you want. I don't mind.

I found ocremix...a few weeks ago, maybe? and downloaded some songs, followed by some albums (all awesome...so far, anyway), before finally deciding to join today.

I learnt (along with most other second generation Chinese immigrants) piano for a few years, so I can play...reasonably well, i think. I'm better at improvising though.

I can sing as well...but I've never really learnt anything about singing apart from some techniques acquired during school choir practice...

As for mixing, I can do it, but so far its been 6 months of fiddling around with virtual knobs and sliders, the effects of which I half understand from a semester-long year 9 music tech class ...I made some songs along the way too.

...erm, yeah. introduction finished...

Hey, I'm zerossoul. I've been listening to songs on OCR for at least 5 years. About two years ago, I was inspired to join the fray. so I started gathering VST's and such, and learning different programs. And now, I finally got to the point where I feel confident that I can do some arrangements.

I've been playing the paino for 10 years, and the cello for 7. I can play the guitar, but I'm not that great. I grew up in a very musically inclined familly. Both my parrents are in a bluegrass band, and my mom teaches orchestra.

I have one arrangement that I'm currently working on and would like to get some feedback, does anyone know the best way to do that?

Warning! Challenger approaching!

Hello. I've been browsing this site for several years, enjoying the music and contemplating joining these forums.

It was time to stop thinking about it and just do it.

I am not a Remixer. I may become one someday, who knows. But neither am I just a random lurker. No, I have a different purpose here.

I am the Remix Challenge. What does this mean? Several things:

It means there are some games with excellent soundtracks that are either underrepresented or not represented on this site at all.

It means I am here to change that.

It does not mean I am here to tell you what to do; on the contrary, I am here to give ideas, to possibly dispel Composers' Block. And, of course, to see Remixes made of songs from some darn good soundtracks. To inject inspiration of my own unique brand into this community.

I am aware that there are probably plenty of people here with a similar purpose. But...

They are not me. That is all that matters.

Now, serious mission statements aside, it's time for my personal introduction. My name is Remix Challenge; You can call me by my screen name, or you can call me Katie. Your choice.

As I said, I am not a Remixer; I do, however play the piano and compose my own music. I'm not going to say I am a pro piano player; I am good at it, however. I have recently ordered Cakewalk Home Studio 2002--because it was cheap and because Dr. Fruitcake recommended it in his FAQ, which may or may not be outdated. I really don't care.

I do love music, video game music especially. I'm not a big fan of heavy metal or rock-type music, though there are exceptions. I dislike rap.

I will try not to let my musical opinions get in the way of my Remix Challenges.

That is all.

Good day!

Hi everyone. I just stumbled across this forum and I noticed here's some pretty useful stuff. I'm an FL Studio user, not very experienced though. I have no "musical education" at all and I don't know that much about "remixing" or what it actually even means. :D

Anyway, I'll post some of my songs, (I've made like 10 or so) and feel free to point out anything you like. I really would like to know how to make this stuff.

So.. See ya around. I'll be probably asking a lot of dumb questions in the near future. :>

Edit: Bleh. I just noticed the "Newbie Introductions" sticky.. D:

Edited by Jnrd
idiot

Hey, I'm RDX. I mix and arrange myself a little, however I've had to use freaking Mixcraft to do my songs, so it's been kind of tedious (Since I own a MIDI keyboard and it doesn't even support it) and the sound quality has been terrible.

However I plan on getting FL Studio one of these days. I'd say I'm only half decent at this point, but that'll change with time, I guess. I'm a little clueless when it comes to technicalities though, and music is just a hobby for me, it's not much of a passion, so I don't really know how far I'll get.

Instead of babbling on and on like other people seem to have, I'll just stop there. I don't know how active I'll be, I guess it depends on whether or not I decide to continue putting time and effort in becoming a better musician. So I'll see you around...maybe.

Oh, and I have an awesome voice, or so I've been told. I've never seriously tried singing. So if I ever find a way of singing I'll let you know...maybe.

That's a lot of maybes.

Edited by RDX

Warning! Challenger approaching!

Hello. I've been browsing this site for several years, enjoying the music and contemplating joining these forums.

It was time to stop thinking about it and just do it.

I am not a Remixer. I may become one someday, who knows. But neither am I just a random lurker. No, I have a different purpose here.

I am the Remix Challenge. What does this mean? Several things:

It means there are some games with excellent soundtracks that are either underrepresented or not represented on this site at all.

It means I am here to change that.

It does not mean I am here to tell you what to do; on the contrary, I am here to give ideas, to possibly dispel Composers' Block. And, of course, to see Remixes made of songs from some darn good soundtracks. To inject inspiration of my own unique brand into this community.

I am aware that there are probably plenty of people here with a similar purpose. But...

They are not me. That is all that matters.

Now, serious mission statements aside, it's time for my personal introduction. My name is Remix Challenge; You can call me by my screen name, or you can call me Katie. Your choice.

As I said, I am not a Remixer; I do, however play the piano and compose my own music. I'm not going to say I am a pro piano player; I am good at it, however. I have recently ordered Cakewalk Home Studio 2002--because it was cheap and because Dr. Fruitcake recommended it in his FAQ, which may or may not be outdated. I really don't care.

I do love music, video game music especially. I'm not a big fan of heavy metal or rock-type music, though there are exceptions. I dislike rap.

I will try not to let my musical opinions get in the way of my Remix Challenges.

That is all.

Good day!

wut?10char

was sup everybody i'm Dj Eternal

i knew about oc remix for a long time and now i just decided to join lol

well i know how to play the piano and i just started working with fruity loops...

i'm learning how things work lil by lil

i'm thinking of remixing Another Galdove from Chrono Cross cuz i recently just learned how to play it on the piano so maybe you'll see my song in the future lol

Hello to all,

It was pure coincidence that I stumbled upon this site after finding something about the FF4 Remix torrent and, although it makes sense that a site like this would exist somewhere on the inet, I've never seen one or searched for one. It's a pleasant surprize as remixing video game themes is a hobby of mine inbetween my normal production :)

Background... I was a member of pHluid back in 2000-2001 under the name ej*Quo but admittedly I was INCREDIBLY newbie at making any sort of music at that time! I've since gotten much much better in all aspects and my focus has turned primarily to hip-hop but I still dabble in drum n bass and of course, video game remixes.

I have over 1,000 unique productions under my belt, 80% of which are quality, and about 50-60 being remixes from video games. I'm going to be making my first submission soon (today) and I'm hoping I have the time to catch up on the forums here to familiarize myself with the culture of the site.

Does that work for a hello? (((I'm a ranter at heart)))

Hi, this is Steve Tamis. I am new to this site, I found this site is very interesting.

I want to know something more about your site.

I'm sorry but this made me lol. Welcome to OC ReMix, We have ReMixes (Of course) Helpful musicians that will help you learn to start making your own tracks and help fine tune them too, oh, and OCR just came out with its 14TH ALBUM. Just check it on the home page brah.

Edited by Halt